Page 641 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1415415916316376386396406416426436446456516917411141 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 20773

There's also an OHC collecting Bendis' Iron Man run (which although I'm not a huge Bendis fan nor a hater, I thought was really good).

And two new MMWs that will make the boards light up with glee, I would think.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is interesting to me and will be a pick up.

If this is OHC format I'll pick it up to show support for Moon Knight in this larger format in hopes of getting the real MK runs that should be collected into an OMNI.
    That run was short and controversial. Some people loved the direction he took MK, others hated it. I was a fan.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    I was NOT a fan but like I said, will bite the bullet in order to show support for the MK volumes I do feel most MK fans really want.
    Who knows, maybe a re-read will dampen some of my disgust for it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Oh, and for those that have been wanting a Shadowland Omnibus:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/130291037X...daredevil+2018
    I'll definitely get this, but boy do I wish they were reprinting the Bendis omnis first.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm about three issues away from wrapping up the Tangled Web omnibus. I read about the first 10 floppies when they were released and then dropped the series for whatever reason. It's probably a good thing, too, because the second half of that book for the most part really sucks (although there's a good Azzarello story). The art in that second half is also generally silly or atrocious. Agree? Disagree?
    Thanks for this. I almost bought it with IST having it 55% off, but glad I didn't. Maybe some day if it ever hits a huge clearance discount.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Again, sorry if it's been posted already. I try to keep updated with this thread as much as possible but sometimes I miss some stuff...

Daredevil by Waid and Samnee Vol 2 is listed for March 20.

Daredevil: Mike Murdock Must Die! (Feb 27) is, I'm guessing, Vol 2. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302910043...el+comics+2018
    Great to see the Daredevil Waid Vol. 2 Omni with a release date and also that they're moving ahead with the Daredevil Epics.

Oh, and for those that have been wanting a Shadowland Omnibus:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/130291037X...daredevil+2018
    YES! Pricey at $125 but that probably means a thick 1000+ page Omni which in turn means it should be "complete" with all relevant material and will settle nicely between Daredevil Brubaker Vol. 2 Omni and Daredevil Waid Vol. 1 Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    There's also an OHC collecting Bendis' Iron Man run (which although I'm not a huge Bendis fan nor a hater, I thought was really good). .
    I've been digging all his IM, especially Infamous.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That run was short and controversial. Some people loved the direction he took MK, others hated it. I was a fan.
    I really wanted to like this, especially since I like MK and it was the same team that was over one of the best DD runs ever . . . but I just couldn't get into it. I liked what Bendis was trying to do but I just don't think it worked.

That said, it was better than the repetitious trash Lemire just got done doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Great to see the Daredevil Waid Vol. 2 Omni with a release date and also that they're moving ahead with the Daredevil Epics.

YES! Pricey at $125 but that probably means a thick 1000+ page Omni which in turn means it should be "complete" with all relevant material and will settle nicely between Daredevil Brubaker Vol. 2 Omni and Daredevil Waid Vol. 1 Omni.
    I'm excited about Shadowland as this was one of my picks! I do hope they collect the limited series that closes the gap between that and the Waid run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    If the listing is accurate, it should be 1112 pages

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

I'm excited about Shadowland as this was one of my picks! I do hope they collect the limited series that closes the gap between that and the Waid run.
    That would be the 4-issue Reborn series. This is absolutely necessary in my opinion. It's also written by Andy Diggle who wrote the majority of the Shadowland storyline and in a way gives closure to Shadowland in Matt's life (Shadowland, The Hand and Kingpin kind of jumped ship to Black Panther's ongoing).

If the listing is accurate, it should be 1112 pages
    Yeah, 1112 pages looks about right. I did the rough math and it seems to fit what with only 2 issues of the Thunderbolts Shadowland TPB being relevant and also some of the additional stuff in the other Shadowland TPBs being redundant. Here's hoping they do it right and present it in a chronological readable format as it is doable.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    If this is the run between Secret Wars and Civil War 2 then it should have a higher page count, no? The listed 328 pages is not enough to cover 3 tpbs i think.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Question about age of apocalypse. If i buy the omnibus do i need to buy the companion also? And hows the reading order do i have to switch between each one or read it all the way through

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    If this is the run between Secret Wars and Civil War 2 then it should have a higher page count, no? The listed 328 pages is not enough to cover 3 tpbs i think.
    The page count works out about right for 14 issues. The last half of the 3rd collection was a few issues of Mighty Avengers chucked in to pad it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    The page count works out about right for 14 issues. The last half of the 3rd collection was a few issues of Mighty Avengers chucked in to pad it out.
    They should have included Internatioanl IM since both those series coincide at the end and jump into their respective volume twos.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Question about age of apocalypse. If i buy the omnibus do i need to buy the companion also? And hows the reading order do i have to switch between each one or read it all the way through
    I just recently read both of these for the first time. I enjoyed AoA from start to finish, very fun book. I bought the companion off Amazon Marketplace at a super clearance price of $28. I'm glad I didn't pay any more for it. Most of it ended up being a chore to finish. More to your question, no you don't need the companion at all.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I just recently read both of these for the first time. I enjoyed AoA from start to finish, very fun book. I bought the companion off Amazon Marketplace at a super clearance price of $28. I'm glad I didn't pay any more for it. Most of it ended up being a chore to finish. More to your question, no you don't need the companion at all.
    Thanks for the help. Going to keep an eye out for just the main omnibus then.