Page 642 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1425425926326386396406416426436446456466526927421142 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post

Other hardcovers that caught my eye:
    Moon Knight by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev
    I have this in 2 HCs allready!

Will this be one OHC? If so I might double dipp altough it's the weakest MK run I know of!
    Hopefully it will lead to this:

Moon Knight Omnibus (2006 – 2011) with Contents: Moon Knight (2006) #1-30 & Annual 1, Moon Knight: Silent Knight, Vengeance of the Moon Knight (2009) #1-10, and Shadowland: Moon Knight #1-3)

Does anyone have any recommendations for Ant-Man? There doesn't seem to be many TPBs and only 1 Epic, unless I'm missing something?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for Ant-Man? There doesn't seem to be many TPBs and only 1 Epic, unless I'm missing something?
    Which Ant man are you looking for? Lang and O'Grady have a couple of highlights, but not much focus overall. Pym has way more, but his only solo run was back in the 60s.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Which Ant man are you looking for? Lang and O'Grady have a couple of highlights, but not much focus overall. Pym has way more, but his only solo run was back in the 60s.
    Pym or Lang really, I'll read either. I figure the best starting place would be the Epic "The Man In The Ant Hill"? I've also found Ant-Man: Scott Lang, which seems to have 60s and 70s stuff collected in it. I have absolutely no idea what the quality of those are like though!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Yes. You can get the Irredeemable Ant-Man by Robert Kirkman. The whole run in one tpb.

Irredeemable Ant-man is fun but Eric O'grady is very unlikable but that's the point. I've found it very funny but I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

Aren't there a couple of trades for the Nick Spencer run out already. I've read the first issue and thought it was great and I heard the whole run was really good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Unbelievably torn on this coming weeks releases. I have all the Hickman OHCs but so tempted to get the omnibus due to likely reading order alignment plus the Infinity OHC is not the highest production quality. What are some people in the same situation leaning towards? The Dr. Strange would normally be a for sure purchase but space is finally becoming a real concern, so I am wondering about the quality of the series. I have been on a Masterworks tear lately and will most likely grab the SSM volume.
    Aaaaaand I am weak. Caved and bought all three. SPACE AND MONEY BE DAMNED!!!!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    I was NOT a fan but like I said, will bite the bullet in order to show support for the MK volumes I do feel most MK fans really want.
    Who knows, maybe a re-read will dampen some of my disgust for it.
    100% agree with you on this one Cap'n.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I read Nick Spencer's recent run and absolutely loved it. It's in the same vein as his Superior Foes series, so if that floats your boat, you'll enjoy it. The first trade is Ant-Man: Second Chance Man from Marvel Now, then it's volume 1, 2 and 3 of Astonishing Ant-Man from All-New, All-Different Marvel.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Pym or Lang really, I'll read either. I figure the best starting place would be the Epic "The Man In The Ant Hill"? I've also found Ant-Man: Scott Lang, which seems to have 60s and 70s stuff collected in it. I have absolutely no idea what the quality of those are like though!
    So for Lang you'd want the Scott Lang trade, covering his origin and some important early stories for him, Avengers: The Children's Crusade, where's he's resurrected and reunites with Cassie (I'd recommend reading up on Young Avengers if you're interested in Cassie's development. She's a great legacy character), and Nick Spencer's Ant-Man run, which is his only really notable solo stuff. Geoff Johns' Avengers, Matt Fraction's FF, and the last arc of Spencer's Avengers World are other highlights, though I haven't read them myself.

For Pym, the recent highlights are Busiek and Perez's Avengers (particularly Ultron Unlimited), Slott's Mighty Avengers, and Gage's Avengers Academy. I also hear pretty good things about Avengers A.I., but I haven't read it myself. The fake skrull Hank features in Avengers Initiative, if you're curious how that went down. The whole Pymtron thing went down in Remender's Rage of Ultron, and then into Duggan's Uncanny Avengers and the ongoing Secret Empire, but I'm not a fan of that twist, so I haven't read those yet.

Hank's other major stories are the Epic, covering his debut and brief solo run in Tales to Astonish, and then various major stories throughout the first volume of Avengers, like his three major mental breakdowns and a lot of the Ultron drama. West Coast Avengers covers his recovery from the third breakdown where he hit Jan, I believe, along with some more Ultron stuff.

Fair warning: a lot of modern writers can't be bothered to actually do research on Hank, and tend to obsessively fixate on the whole "wife-beater" thing, (even though he isn't actually a wife-beater, he's mentally ill), which tends to ruin their treatment of the character. Avoid Ultimate Hank at all costs; he's a straight up abusive husband, and it's extremely uncomfortable to read stories with him. He also eats the Blob alive in Ultimatum.

Finally, the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon does a fantastic job with Hank, Jan, and Scott. It's a great way to get to the core of the characters quickly.
    Cyclops was right

Glad about the Shadowland omni, will probably buy it as I only read it once when it came out and then gave away the floppies, I don't remember hating it at all.

I have never read Hickman's Avengers in its entirety, but I do collect all Marvel "events" in OHC and happen to be missing Infinity, so going by all the comments in this board my best option is probably getting the run in omnibus, specially if the reading order is accurate...how many more volumes do you guys think will cover the whole run? Two/three? Do you think further volumes will include Secret Wars?

About the third Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide OHC...any bets regarding its content? #20-28? #20-24 plus Clone Conspiracy mini? #20-32 ignoring the mini?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I have never read Hickman's Avengers in its entirety, but I do collect all Marvel "events" in OHC and happen to be missing Infinity, so going by all the comments in this board my best option is probably getting the run in omnibus, specially if the reading order is accurate...how many more volumes do you guys think will cover the whole run? Two/three? Do you think further volumes will include Secret Wars?
    Honestly Infinity being an "event" was more of a Marvel marketing department ploy than anything else. It's seamless with the rest of Hickman's run, basically just middle chapters in a very large story. Secret Wars was able to be more of a real event coming at the end of the run and slightly shifting the focus characters-wise. Regardless this is one of the ten best Modern (post-bankruptcy) Marvel runs/stories so if you're used to just picking up event books the quality will be far superior.

It's safe to assume there will be two or three volumes total, depending on if they decide to include the non-Hickman written Avengers World title. Secret Wars' inclusion is also currently up in the air and I think it could go either way.

There were so many battleworld/war zones Secret Wars titles that I'm not sure they'd ever go the separate omnibus route but you never know. Also unfortunately most of them were terrible.

Spectacular Member

Bummed that the IvX HC does not include the Death of X 1-4. Would have been a nice prelude to the IvX story and DoX in HC.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Bummed that the IvX HC does not include the Death of X 1-4. Would have been a nice prelude to the IvX story and DoX in HC.
    For $50 MSRP for IvX HC, it kinda sucks to only have the IvX main event (208 pages).
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    The page count works out about right for 14 issues. The last half of the 3rd collection was a few issues of Mighty Avengers chucked in to pad it out.
    Thanks for this. This omni would be a release week buy for me. Though again it would have been nice if they include the 7 issue International Iron Man run as well and just call it ANAD Iron Man by Bendis Omni. oh well