Page 646 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1465465966366426436446456466476486496506566967461146 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    To be honest I didn't like a lot of the tie-in miniseries very much. The only supplement I would recommend to Big Time would be the Venom by Rick Remender complete collection vol 1. That continues a story started in the Big Time issues and includes 3-4 really good Spider-Island tie-in issues. If you like it, pick up the vol 2 as well.
    Yeah I have them, I like Remender a lot too, so that helps haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Thanks for all the replies re: cheapgraphicnovels.com! Feels like a risk.
    I ordered from them on the 4th, they're taking a little longer to process and ship than IST. I try to only use the site for books that aren't available on IST. They were actually the first comic (hardcover) site I bought from until discovered IST.

Got the Hickman Avengers omnibus today. Looks good. Spine is very plain, could've been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Got the Hickman Avengers omnibus today. Looks good. Spine is very plain, could've been better.
    How are the issues laid out? In chronological order or by series?

Do you have a shot of the spine?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Chronological order - starts with Avengers 1-3, then New Avengers 1-6, etc.

Also both omnibuses this week were $125...jesus the wallet took a hit

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    So, I opened a dispute with PayPal, provided pictures, and PayPal sided with me and refunded my money.

Feeling smug, I sent Cheapgraphicnovels a follow up email saying PayPal also agrees the seller is at fault, and had they been reasonable they would have at least gotten the book returned. But as it was, I got to keep the damaged book, received my refund, and would never again give them my business.

Fortunately I still have their reply:

"Hi Mike,

Thank you for alerting us to this oversight.* I have contacted our web programmer to ensure that your IP address has been blocked from accessing our website in any capacity.* If you find you are still able to access all or portions of the site, please let me know ASAP so I can have this corrected for you.

yours,

Max"
    Amazing. I don't condone your smug reply(but can understand why you did it) but that's not the issue. Max is in a position where he should be concerned about poor customer service. In an era of tripadvisor.com, yelp and other end user review sites how his business is majorly portrayed should cause them to be hyper alert when unsatisfactory transactions occur. No reply should've been his call. Instead he looks to be letting pride get in his way and "having the last word" made him feel smugx2 back at you.

Seeing his reply here, as will others, negatively impacts those who might've considered using CGN for their book purchases.

Sidebar: have you tried accessing their site to see if you are indeed blocked?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

They aren't releasing 52 Omnis a year. No idea why they would double up. Cost them a sale.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing the exact order all the issues are laid out in the Omni before I take the plunge.

I can't wait for the Excalibur Epic vol. 2!
    The first one was stuffed with extras that I had never read before like the Marvel Comics Presents stuff, so I'm excited to see the contents for the second one.

Even though I have the X-Men Omnibuses, I'm tempted to double dip on epics because they're so easy to read and carry about. Does anyone else double dip like this?

Chronological order - starts with Avengers 1-3, then New Avengers 1-6, etc.
    Thanks. Knowing that, I think I'll get the book. It will make it an easier reading experience than the OHCs. Although I don't if anything can make the last 4 or 5 issues enjoyable.

Thanks. Knowing that, I think I'll get the book. It will make it an easier reading experience than the OHCs. Although I don't if anything can make the last 4 or 5 issues enjoyable.
    It's why I held out for this book. Hickman is fantastic when collected but the stories are so intertwined that chronological ordering is a must.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Again, sorry if it's been posted already. I try to keep updated with this thread as much as possible but sometimes I miss some stuff...

Have just found a listing on Amazon for Deadpool Minibus Vol 0. Judging from the creators it will include at least Deadpool: Suicide Kings and Wade Wilson's War.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302910116...el+comics+2018
    So, we have:
    NOVEMBER = Deadpool & X-Force Omnibus
    JANUARY = Deadpool & Co Omnibus
    FEBRUARY = Deadpool by Way vol.1 Omnibus
    MARCH = Deadpool Minibus vol.0 (do you think this will collect remaining 616 material in Classics vol.14-15 or remaining alternate DP stuff from vol.17? All of it seems to big for a "Minibus")

Who would bet the DP OHC "Cash-in" will continue until Deadpool 2 premiere in June and, if so, what's your predictions?
    Mine is:
    APRIL = Deadpool and the Thunderbolts Omnibus
    MAY = "Deadpool and the Marvel Universe" OHC / Omnibus, collecting numerous guest-star issues and supporting roles, like multiple Wolverine issues, Identity Disc, Fear Itself: Uncanny X-Force, etc
    JUNE = Deadpool by Way vol.2 Omnibus (sounds too soon after vol.1, but what else is there?)

That would collect everything DP pre-Secret Wars in Omnibus / Minibus format!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    It's why I held out for this book. Hickman is fantastic when collected but the stories are so intertwined that chronological ordering is a must.
    Disagree so much with these runs.

I actually think they read better as independent series until Infinity, and then again until Time Run Out.

When they are intertwined, I actually think you lose half of the subtleties of each series because you have to concentrate so hard on remembering where you are and how X slips in alongside Y.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God