Page 647 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1475475976376436446456466476486496506516576977471147 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 20773
    Fantastic Member

Received my weekly Fed Ex delivery from IST.
    Judging by the box they had apparently shipped me a table. This turned out to be the "Monsters Unleashed" hardcover.
    This thing is awesome.
    I hope Marvel uses the format for some Classic runs.
    (Lee/Kirby FF, particularly the "Galactus trilogy”, or some Simonson Thor issues would be great.)

Of note. I also received the "Inhumans Vs. X-men" collection. By size the "Monsters" is about 10 times the book. Both have the same cover price.

With my discount the IVX book is a bit overpriced, the Monsters book is a bargain.
    How does Marvel determine its pricing? Darts and numbers on a spinning wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    So, we have:
    NOVEMBER = Deadpool & X-Force Omnibus
    JANUARY = Deadpool & Co Omnibus
    FEBRUARY = Deadpool by Way vol.1 Omnibus
    MARCH = Deadpool Minibus vol.0 (do you think this will collect remaining 616 material in Classics vol.14-15 or remaining alternate DP stuff from vol.17? All of it seems to big for a "Minibus")

Who would bet the DP OHC "Cash-in" will continue until Deadpool 2 premiere in June and, if so, what's your predictions?
    Mine is:
    APRIL = Deadpool and the Thunderbolts Omnibus
    MAY = "Deadpool and the Marvel Universe" OHC / Omnibus, collecting numerous guest-star issues and supporting roles, like multiple Wolverine issues, Identity Disc, Fear Itself: Uncanny X-Force, etc
    JUNE = Deadpool by Way vol.2 Omnibus (sounds too soon after vol.1, but what else is there?)

That would collect everything DP pre-Secret Wars in Omnibus / Minibus format!
    Not a huge Deadpool fan, but I hope we get a Deadpool MAX reprint. Big David Lapham fan though

With the announcement that Randall Park will star in Ant-Man and the Wasp as Agent Jimmy Woo
    Do you guys think there's any chance of a Agents of Atlas by Jeff Parker Omnibus?
    I huge fan of the Agents of Atlas but I'm curious if there would be any demand for an Omni
    "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth"

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Disagree so much with these runs.

I actually think they read better as independent series until Infinity, and then again until Time Run Out.

When they are intertwined, I actually think you lose half of the subtleties of each series because you have to concentrate so hard on remembering where you are and how X slips in alongside Y.
    There is no having to remember where you are or how x slips in alongside y if it's already given to you in a proper reading order (unlike the ohc's). The material is still grouped together in their respective story arcs - it's not like you're reading one issue of one arc then a different issue of a different arc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Thanks. Knowing that, I think I'll get the book. It will make it an easier reading experience than the OHCs. Although I don't if anything can make the last 4 or 5 issues enjoyable.
    Scratching my head on this one. The last 4-5 issues of Times Runs Out are some of the most jaw-dropping, emotional, fun, crazy, thought-provoking issues Marvel has put out in years.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Disagree so much with these runs.

I actually think they read better as independent series until Infinity, and then again until Time Run Out.

When they are intertwined, I actually think you lose half of the subtleties of each series because you have to concentrate so hard on remembering where you are and how X slips in alongside Y.
    This. I actually vastly prefer the OHCs the way they are already. The series is only intertwined during Infinity and Time Runs Out, both of which were already collected interwoven in OHC form. The other stuff is all almost completely independent of each other and reads perfectly in separate OHCs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    This. I actually vastly prefer the OHCs the way they are already. The series is only intertwined during Infinity and Time Runs Out, both of which were already collected interwoven in OHC form. The other stuff is all almost completely independent of each other and reads perfectly in separate OHCs.
    And they are only intertwined in the omnibus where they need to be. You vastly prefer stopping midway through one OHC to pick up the other? You vastly prefer having an entire half of an OHC be repeated again in another OHC?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Not a huge Deadpool fan, but I hope we get a Deadpool MAX reprint. Big David Lapham fan though
    I'd probably pick up a Deadpool Thunderbolts. I always liked the Red Hulk. Plus Charles Soule wrote have the run and I like most of his stuff.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder595 View Post
    With the announcement that Randall Park will star in Ant-Man and the Wasp as Agent Jimmy Woo
    Do you guys think there's any chance of a Agents of Atlas by Jeff Parker Omnibus?
    I huge fan of the Agents of Atlas but I'm curious if there would be any demand for an Omni

This is one of my dream omnibus' but I don't think its likely

Has it been announced if the Dr Strange, Sorcerer Supreme series will be collected in Epic format? Wondering if I should grab the omni or just wait for the Epics (which I'd prefer).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Has it been announced if the Dr Strange, Sorcerer Supreme series will be collected in Epic format? Wondering if I should grab the omni or just wait for the Epics (which I'd prefer).
    An Epic collection for the last 15ish issues of Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme is coming out in October. So DS, SS will be covered in the Epic series.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    I can't wait for the Excalibur Epic vol. 2!
    The first one was stuffed with extras that I had never read before like the Marvel Comics Presents stuff, so I'm excited to see the contents for the second one.

Even though I have the X-Men Omnibuses, I'm tempted to double dip on epics because they're so easy to read and carry about. Does anyone else double dip like this?
    I double dip with Daredevil. I have all the Marvel Masterworks HCs and the Daredevil Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 (as well as quite a few of the floppies). I don't regret getting either. It's not so much for ease of reading, I just like to have both formats available. I also have the Daredevil Waid OHCs and the Daredevil Waid Omnibus Vol. 1. I'll be picking up Volume 2. I may or may not sell off the OHCs.

So Hickman's Avengers is just as bad as I remember, exacerbated by the "chronological" ordering of the New Avengers and Avengers issues.

I've been craving some more modern Marvel, but it seems OHCs/Omnibuses are more and more uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    So Hickman's Avengers is just as bad as I remember, exacerbated by the "chronological" ordering of the New Avengers and Avengers issues.

I've been craving some more modern Marvel, but it seems OHCs/Omnibuses are more and more uncommon.
    Hickman Avengers is awesome hopefully they do vol 2 as quickly as they did with FF omnibus.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

I liked Hickman's Avengers run, especially the New Avengers.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I think I'm the only person who dislikes Hickman, especially his Avengers. I just find it so... dumb.

Constant repetition of silly lines like "the machine is broken," lack of any real characterization, and a complete tonal miss of what the Avengers are. And the science, ugh the science.

I thought I'd give it another go after seeing all the love on here and other boards, but I just can't get through it.
    Last edited by mike1981; 07-08-2017 at 04:17 PM.