Page 653 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1535536036436496506516526536546556566576637037531153 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,795 of 20773
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

I massively reduced my comic purchases at the time Hickman was starting his run, mainly across the Avengers material, so I quickly lost what was happening in the wider team / solo titles. When I read the Time Runs Out OHC, I was like "what the!?!" on some of the characters situations after the 8 month gap, most notably Captain America ending Avengers vol.3 OHC fit and healthy, and starting Time Runs Out looking like Nick Fury's Granddad!
    I understood a lot of the AIM stuff came into play as part of Avengers World, hence my hope it's included in the Vol.2 Omnibus.

Is there any recommended material to read outside of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers to cover these sort of narrative gaps?

Spectacular Member

For Cap's ageing, you will need to read Remender's Captain America run, most importantly #21 onwards.
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 07-16-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I massively reduced my comic purchases at the time Hickman was starting his run, mainly across the Avengers material, so I quickly lost what was happening in the wider team / solo titles. When I read the Time Runs Out OHC, I was like "what the!?!" on some of the characters situations after the 8 month gap, most notably Captain America ending Avengers vol.3 OHC fit and healthy, and starting Time Runs Out looking like Nick Fury's Granddad!
    I understood a lot of the AIM stuff came into play as part of Avengers World, hence my hope it's included in the Vol.2 Omnibus.

Is there any recommended material to read outside of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers to cover these sort of narrative gaps?
    I really didn't like Remender's Captain America run, in fact the more I think about it, I don't like any of his runs. So like the above poster mentioned, you'd be good to just read issues #21-25. I like to read Spider-Woman #5-10 right before Time Runs Out, it's a great run and the last issue sets up Spider-Woman for Time Runs Out. I wonder how many other people out there are hoping for a Spider-Woman by Hopeless Omnibus . Also after reading Hickman's FF run I really wish I had read it before his Avengers runs.

I think I will only pick up the Hickman vol 2 Omnibus if it includes Avengers World, I liked that series a lot more than the regular Avengers series.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The full details for the Shadowland Omnibus are up on amazon:

The Man Without Fear casts his shadow over the Marvel Universe! Daredevil has become the leader of the Hand - but instead of reforming the ninja clan, are they corrupting him? As Daredevil crosses a shocking line in battle with Bullseye, and sets up a stronghold in the middle of Hell's Kitchen, his former friends and allies - including Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Elektra and the Daughters of the Dragon - are determined to stop him. But can they save Daredevil's soul as New York City crumbles under the weight of his new order?

COLLECTING:*DARK REIGN: THE LIST - DAREDEVIL 1; DAREDEVIL (1998) 501-512; SHADOWLAND 1-5; SHADOWLAND: ELEKTRA, BULLSEYE, GHOST RIDER, SPIDER-MAN, AFTER THE FALL; SHADOWLAND: MOON KNIGHT 1-3; SHADOWLAND: BLOOD ON THE STREETS 1-4; SHADOWLAND: DAUGHTERS OF THE SHADOW 1-3; SHADOWLAND: POWER MAN 1-4; THUNDERBOLTS (1997) 148-149; DAREDEVIL: REBORN 1-4

If this is legit, this is very good news as they're including all the necessary issues. They could also include material from DD #500 and Black Panther #513 but they aren't overly needed. Now I'm interested to see whether they'll put the issues in chronological order. They should at the very least least do that with the Daredevil and Shadowland "event" issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The full details for the Shadowland Omnibus are up on amazon:

The Man Without Fear casts his shadow over the Marvel Universe! Daredevil has become the leader of the Hand - but instead of reforming the ninja clan, are they corrupting him? As Daredevil crosses a shocking line in battle with Bullseye, and sets up a stronghold in the middle of Hell's Kitchen, his former friends and allies - including Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Elektra and the Daughters of the Dragon - are determined to stop him. But can they save Daredevil's soul as New York City crumbles under the weight of his new order?

COLLECTING:*DARK REIGN: THE LIST - DAREDEVIL 1; DAREDEVIL (1998) 501-512; SHADOWLAND 1-5; SHADOWLAND: ELEKTRA, BULLSEYE, GHOST RIDER, SPIDER-MAN, AFTER THE FALL; SHADOWLAND: MOON KNIGHT 1-3; SHADOWLAND: BLOOD ON THE STREETS 1-4; SHADOWLAND: DAUGHTERS OF THE SHADOW 1-3; SHADOWLAND: POWER MAN 1-4; THUNDERBOLTS (1997) 148-149; DAREDEVIL: REBORN 1-4

If this is legit, this is very good news as they're including all the necessary issues. They could also include material from DD #500 and Black Panther #513 but they aren't overly needed. Now I'm interested to see whether they'll put the issues in chronological order. They should at the very least least do that with the Daredevil and Shadowland "event" issues.

So, if I'm not mistaken - not counting the six issue arc by Bob Gale and that later arc (5-6 issue that David Mack wrote and drew) - everything from the 1998 Marvel Knights series will be collected in either an omnibus or an OHC all the way thru the end of Mark Waid's run. (I don't count # 513 and up since it was the Black Panther.)

For completists sake, I wish they had collected the Bendis "Ninjas" mini-series. It wasn't that great but it might have been the first DD he wrote right before taking over the main series.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So, if I'm not mistaken - not counting the six issue arc by Bob Gale and that later arc (5-6 issue that David Mack wrote and drew) - everything from the 1998 Marvel Knights series will be collected in either an omnibus or an OHC all the way thru the end of Mark Waid's run. (I don't count # 513 and up since it was the Black Panther.)

For completists sake, I wish they had collected the Bendis "Ninjas" mini-series. It wasn't that great but it might have been the first DD he wrote right before taking over the main series.
    Overall, that's actually pretty impressive. almost two decades of straight Daredevil in that format.

I think the only other longest would be X-Men if you count the Silver Age stuff going into Vol. 1-3 of Uncanny.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Finally!!!!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Yes, that's about right. It would have been nice to have the DD Ninja miniseries in the second Bendis DD Omnibus. In fact, it was initially solicited that way but they replaced it with the Bendis Ultimate Team-Up issues.

During the Marvel Knights era, there was also the DD Spider-Man miniseries by Paul Jenkins which I didn't take to and the DD Punisher Means & Ends miniseries by Dave Lapham which was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, that's about right. It would have been nice to have the DD Ninja miniseries in the second Bendis DD Omnibus. In fact, it was initially solicited that way but they replaced it with the Bendis Ultimate Team-Up issues.

During the Marvel Knights era, there was also the DD Spider-Man miniseries by Paul Jenkins which I didn't take to and the DD Punisher Means & Ends miniseries by Dave Lapham which was pretty good.
    There was also a Marvel Knights "Marvel Knight" series. I remember enjoying it when it came out but I have no idea whether it stands the test of time.

I know there's a lot of old school Marvel talk here, but periodically, I like to ask if anyone is reading anything current to recommend. Marvel has really fallen off my racer in the last few years. The only thing I'm currently reading is Ultimates˛ and looking forward to Royals. Love the cosmic side of things. Loathe Dead pool. Any recs are appreciated. Kind of curious about titles like, Jean Greg, Nova, Silver Surfer (read the pre Secret Wars run, dug that), and maybe America. I also tried All New Wolverine, and I didnt care for it too much. I'm also pretty sure Scarlet Witch ended(?), which I was enjoying quite a bit too. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I know there's a lot of old school Marvel talk here, but periodically, I like to ask if anyone is reading anything current to recommend. Marvel has really fallen off my racer in the last few years. The only thing I'm currently reading is Ultimates˛ and looking forward to Royals. Love the cosmic side of things. Loathe Dead pool. Any recs are appreciated. Kind of curious about titles like, Jean Greg, Nova, Silver Surfer (read the pre Secret Wars run, dug that), and maybe America. I also tried All New Wolverine, and I didnt care for it too much. I'm also pretty sure Scarlet Witch ended(?), which I was enjoying quite a bit too. Thanks all.
    Honestly not reading much current Marvel myself, but I'll try to help. Vision is definitely worth a read. Not a story you would expect. Reminds me of the Jemas/Quesada era where they were taking chances with books like Truth. Not collected in OHC yet, but there's hope. I really like Ms Marvel. Solid from the start, and it's maintained it's quality since. Bendis' Spider-Man is still a lot of fun. The Miles Morales version. Started as an Ultimate title, but now in the main Marvel U since Secret Wars. Lot of inspiration for the new movie comes from this.

Spectacular Member

If you are interested in X titles: the pre Secret Wars Magneto Solo series was outstanding. Unfortunately the aftermath of Secret Wars is as of now not a good era for X team books (given that the best by far is the Uncanny X-Men one which is a continuation of several subplots from the Magneto series and other X titles).

I enjoy Old Man Logan a lot but I can imagine that it might not be everyone's cup of tea (violence, setting as replacement Wolverine, etc.).

As the collected editions for the line of X books will arrive later this year I have not read any of those, but would also be interested in opinions about Gen X, the Blue und Gold teams, Jean Grey, Weapon X, etc.

As Jean Grey seems to feature Rachel heavily I am really looking forward to it despite the teen version of Jean.

Incredible Member

Old Man Logan deserves an oversized edition. That fuckin art man. Lemire and Sorrentino are perfect together.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    That's not what I was expecting to be honest. It looks rather disappointing. It only collects half of the run and something like 360 pages of additional content. It's also not oversized. And it's pricey.

I was looking forward OHC collecting whole series from #1-12 like all other All-New All-Different era Marvel collected books.