Page 664 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1645646146546606616626636646656666676686747147641164 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 20769
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You wouldn't see Ultimate Spidey vol. 2 because vol. 1 sold poorly due to the entire series already being available in the exact same ohc format.
    Well since now most are oop/oos they dont really have an excuse. But im sure they'll find a way to pump out some more Deadpool material

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Well since now most are oop/oos they dont really have an excuse. But im sure they'll find a way to pump out some more Deadpool material
    Theres literally only two more Deadpool omnis possible right now, so we have that going for us.
    Cyclops was right

A while ago, some of you guys recommended me the Things From Another World (TFAW) website as a second option to purchase comics (especially stuff I can't find on IST anymore). I have a couple of questions for the people who have purchased from them:

1. Is the packaging as flawless as IST?
    2. The books I want are labeled as "backorders". Does that mean there's a chance they wont have them when they reach their supplier? Anyone has experienced that?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Daredevil (Who I love) is getting just as many omni's as Deadpool

Like a bottom of barrel story like Shadowland is really getting an omnibus lmao.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    A while ago, some of you guys recommended me the Things From Another World (TFAW) website as a second option to purchase comics (especially stuff I can't find on IST anymore). I have a couple of questions for the people who have purchased from them:

2. The books I want are labeled as "backorders". Does that mean there's a chance they wont have them when they reach their supplier? Anyone has experienced that?

Thanks.
    1. I'd say it's pretty close. They typically don't bundle books together in a large plastic envelope like IST does, but I've never had any issues.
    2. Not sure.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Thanks.
    I only ordered from TFAW once and my stuff came in perfect condition. However, the packaging wasn't amazing just OK. IST are truly the best. I've ordered from IST twenty times. Of the 19 orders I received, twice I received books with some damage and they always came through with refunds or sending me a perfect replacement. The only 2 other sellers that I have been 100% satisfied with regards to packaging are cheap-comics.com and a local seller (Poland) atomcomics.pl. I really can't fault IST.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I really do become perplexed by some of the collected editions DC and Marvel release, or rather don't release. There must be a factor playing into this other than demand. Is it creator incentives? Contracts that push them to release certain material collected before others?

Why else would be not see things like Uncanny X-Force reprints, Alan Moore Swamp Thing omnibi, or Ultimate Spider-Man volume 2?
    I suspect that it's in their best interest to spread out their strongest material over time. Providing a mix of highly and lesser demanded releases gives them consistent steady profits, rather than an early surge in sales that decrease over time. The Epic collections are a clever example of this.
    Last edited by kesselrig; 07-26-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    not collecting Kree-Skrull War ?

will they milk it for the Captain Marvel movie?

Also disapointed with lack of New Mutants Omnibus!
    I'll take my money to DC these months of 2018
    I wouldnt be surprised to see a 'Captain Marvel and the Kree Skrull War' type book, or Avengers 4 omni with a really Kree/Skrull war cover...

New Mutants got it's release date changed recently didnt it? Maybe it caught them off guard and we'll just see it a bit later?

I'm more surprised with no Black Panther omnibus. I was expecting BP by Kirby at least, but instead, just trades...I'm not calling racism, but given that the only other character whose film didnt get an omni (Ant Man) has nothing to put in an omni that would have actually been a film tie in...it does kinda stick out...

(Please note, I dont actually think there is anything racist in the decision, but I want Kirby and Priest stuff in omni, so I figure if the argument gets traction, Marvel might put them out just to make the argument go away.... )
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised to see a 'Captain Marvel and the Kree Skrull War' type book, or Avengers 4 omni with a really Kree/Skrull war cover...

New Mutants got it's release date changed recently didnt it? Maybe it caught them off guard and we'll just see it a bit later?

I'm more surprised with no Black Panther omnibus. I was expecting BP by Kirby at least, but instead, just trades...I'm not calling racism, but given that the only other character whose film didnt get an omni (Ant Man) has nothing to put in an omni that would have actually been a film tie in...it does kinda stick out...

(Please note, I dont actually think there is anything racist in the decision, but I want Kirby and Priest stuff in omni, so I figure if the argument gets traction, Marvel might put them out just to make the argument go away.... )
    It's also possible they make skip it entirely since it was released as an ohc already.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

Yeah, I also thought the no BP omni was odd. I didn't get the Priest TPB's because I was expecting a omnibus around the movie.
    We need better comics

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I don't necessarily think its racism, but clearly something is wrong with Panther not getting at least one omni, and it's really not acceptable as a fan of the character.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I am a bit surprised at no Black Panther Omni but think suggesting racism right out of the gate is going overboard. That's a zero -> 100 accusation with no proof.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Been travelling for work the past couple of days but did get a chance to quick skim the new Hachette catalog. A little underwhelming based on past catalogs, but here is my feedback:

Look forward to the upcoming PAD Hulk Epic ... keep 'em coming! After this volume the title starts to flounder a bit, but by the mid #450s things pick back up considerably when Adam Kubert comes on board for art chores and PAD's run finishes very strong. The ending features some of my favorite Hulk comics ever with the flashback issue, Hulk vs. Wolverine & the X-Men, Hulk as Apocalypse's horseman Death, and of course the grand finale with Betty's death and the "10 years later" issue. Seems like Marvel is releasing one PAD Hulk Epic each year, so we are a 2-3 years from having PADs run collected entirely.

I plan on picking up the 90s Avengers Epic ... not the strongest period by any means, but there is a lot of material in this volume I've not read before. Definitely plan on picking this one up.

Wolverine Epic ... same deal. Collects 1999-2000 era stories, most I've never read before. Will be glad to have these in my collection.

X-Men Blue & Gold Vol 0 TPs ... sheesh. Glad to have these never before collected stories, but the naming is maddeningly absurd. It's a blatant marketing-driven cash grab for fans of the new series. These issues have nothing AT ALL to do with the Blue/Gold era, or the current Blue & Gold books. Further, the team naming and separation had already dissipated long before these mid/late 1990s issues saw the light of day. I don't think the Blue/Gold team separations even existed by Onslaught, much less this era which was a few more years down the line around the lead up to Operation Zero Tolerance. It literally boggles the mind. Also, I suppose we fans are to assume that the X-Men Epic line will end around the end of 1991 with the launch of the second X-Men book & Claremont's departure. Otherwise, why not combine these two into one Epic volume? After all they mate up to the "X-Men Hunt for Professor X" TPB from a few years ago which collected both series on one volume. Geeze, I really don't get it.

X-Men Legionquest OHC ... yeah, I was gonna pass as I have the AoA prelude TPB and the Omnibus, BUT it does fill some small 1-2 issue gaps so after thinking about it a little more, I'll probably pick it up on release week for a nice discount. Still, seems like another blatant marketing driven cash grab to pull in fans of the Legion show. Silly Marvel, tricks are for kids!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Like a bottom of barrel story like Shadowland is really getting an omnibus lmao.
    I beg your pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    I beg your pardon?
    https://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Sha...owland+omnibus
    We need better comics