Page 665 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1655656156556616626636646656666676686696757157651165 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 20773
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    A while ago, some of you guys recommended me the Things From Another World (TFAW) website as a second option to purchase comics (especially stuff I can't find on IST anymore). I have a couple of questions for the people who have purchased from them:

1. Is the packaging as flawless as IST?
    2. The books I want are labeled as "backorders". Does that mean there's a chance they wont have them when they reach their supplier? Anyone has experienced that?

Thanks.
    1. it's okay, styrofoam peanuts for bigger orders, cardboard envelopes of better quality than Amazon's for single books (i recall getting a single tpb in a bubble mailer once but it was a long time ago). if anything gets smashed in transit, they will offer replacement or a refund (50%, as a rule, it seems to be their standard nick&dent discount)
    2. i backordered from them only once, an action figure, they shipped it to me three weeks later. i guess there's always a chance they won't be able to get a backorder from the supplier but i'm inclined to think that as long as the item is marked "available for backorder" and not "unavailable" or "out of stock" (which is not always a permanent thing btw), it's rather a slim chance.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'm more surprised with no Black Panther omnibus. I was expecting BP by Kirby at least, but instead, just trades...I'm not calling racism, but given that the only other character whose film didnt get an omni (Ant Man) has nothing to put in an omni that would have actually been a film tie in...it does kinda stick out...
    Err, as someone who is still pissed off 6 months after the movie came out, I'll happily point out Logan didn't get an Omnibus. Although there were 3 easy Wolverine potentials for Marvel to choose. And the Origin OHC doesn't count.

If the New Mutants movie doesn't have at least 1 omnibus released, I will be even more shocked than I was with Logan - it would really beggar belief!
    Last edited by jm21; 07-26-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanDaza View Post
    Ah okay. I think I'll skip it and get the recent ohcs.

BANNED

Does anyone know if Avengers Omnibus 1 might be getting a reprint anytime soon with the third one coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Err, as someone who is still pissed off 6 months after the movie came out, I'll happily point out Logan didn't get an Omnibus. Although there were 3 easy Wolverine potentials for Marvel to choose. And the Origin OHC doesn't count.

If the New Mutants movie doesn't have at least 1 omnibus released, I will be even more shocked than I was with Logan - it would really beggar belief!
    I would have liked to have seen Wolverine's first ongoing get an omnibus. I think that's long overdue especially since those first 10 issues by Claremont are only in the OOP Wolverine Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Does anyone know if Avengers Omnibus 1 might be getting a reprint anytime soon with the third one coming out?

I would have liked to have seen Wolverine's first ongoing get an omnibus. I think that's long overdue especially since those first 10 issues by Claremont are only in the OOP Wolverine Omnibus.
    Just reprint the Wolverine OOP omni...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I can't imagine a fresh start from the beginning of his ongoing series - You'll be more likely to get a Vol.1 reprint and looooooong overdue Vol.2 from #11 onward, although I'm no longer confident even that is very likely!

Was travelling for work the past couple of days and took with me the recently released Spider-Man: Webspinners Complete Collection TPB and finished it off. Pretty good book and glad I added it to my collection. Below is my synopsis.

The book opens with a JM DeMatties three-parter with Spidey vs. Mysterio. I've never been a huge Mysterio fan, and this arc didn't do much to change my opinion. The issues were dreadfully over-written and sloggishly verbose. And not necessarily in a good way, in my opinion. It was nice to get some back-story on Mysterio and how he became the villain over time, but the art was ... sketch and amateurish for lack of a better term. Dunno. It was ok, but nothing great. I'd give this arc a C+ for effort.

The second three-issue-arc features Spidey & the Silver Surfer vs. the Psycho Man and Annihilus and follows up on some long-lost plot threads from a 1968 Silver Surfer issue, that I'm not sure anyone was asking to be resolved. The art is kind of all over the place by Keith Giffen, not bad, just different. The story was mainly ok. I'd give this a C+ as well.

The next arc, by Joe Kelley is AMAZING and the highlight of this book. The three-parter focuses on Peter Parker in High School in the days leading up to his senior prom. I won't spoil too much for those that haven't read it, but it's gloriously drenched in teen angst and Pete finally stands up to Flash for once, and inadvertently invites three different girls to his senior prom! All the while, we get some nice character development on Flash's back story, Pete tries to finish his senior project on time, and a tense battle with Sandman, where Spidey very nearly kills him ... by accident! Good stuff all around, and in my mind this has to be one of the top 10-20 Spidey stories of all time. I really enjoyed this. A+++

The rest of the book is padded out by a Paul Jenkins then-current-continuity tale with Spidey taking on the Chameleon and reminiscing about his lost loved ones. Not bad. Probably a B+. Then we get a Howard Mackie then-current-continuity tale featuring Spidey in his then-new-animated-series costume in the negative zone fighting Blastarr and Carnage. Eh. It's about as bad as it sounds basically. Cletus Kasady hops a ride to the negative zone and just HAPPENS to stumble into an all new carnage symboite. Ugh. At that time, Kasady had been separated from his alien suit and was in prison. This is pretty bad. I'd give it a D. The final arc is a 2 parter by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz, which are an all time classic Spidey creative team. This story gets an A-. It's set, continuity wise, between issues 288 and 289 of Amazing Spider-Man with Spidey in both his classic red & blues as well as the black costume. Silver Sable, the Sinister Syndicate, and Doc Ock all appear in this arc.

That's about it. If you can get the book for a good price, I'd recommend it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I don't necessarily think its racism, but clearly something is wrong with Panther not getting at least one omni, and it's really not acceptable as a fan of the character.
    I can understand that. At the least, there is a Black Panther OHC dropping next week and he is also written excellently in the Hickman Avengers omnibus that just dropped.

So with INFINITY GAUNTLET BOX SET SLIPCASE solicited, chances we'll get Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus reprint are pretty slim? I'm still missing it but 500$ price tag for Slipcase is beyond me.

Also am I paranoid or is Marvel releasing less and less OHC each year in favour of tpb?
    Last edited by Antari; 07-27-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    So with INFINITY GAUNTLET BOX SET SLIPCASE solicited, chances we'll get Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus reprint are pretty slim? I'm still missing it but 500$ price tag for Slipcase is beyond me.

Also am I paranoid or is Marvel releasing less and less OHC each year in favour of tpb?
    Infinity Gauntlet already got one reprint already, didn't it? Maybe technically a 'back to print' and not a 'reprint', either way essentially the same thing.
    And it would not surprise me if we did NOT get a New Mutants omni due to the Epic collections just coming out.

Again, you're guess is as good as mine. But like I said, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Also, just because there isn't a Panther omni being released BEFORE/AROUND the time of the movie doesn't mean we won't get something AFTER the movie. if the movie is successful, then perhaps we will see a Kirby omni, or Hudlin or whatever.

I think a previous poster was correct that with Ant-Man (who is one of my faves, and the movie did really well), he's such a disjointed character with no big solo runs, lots of team books instead, and 3 people in the uniform, it was kinda a mess to get an omnibus. Could they fit together an Ant-Man omnibus of the two MMWs plus some other solo stuff from various anthology books? Sure. But is anyone really clamoring for that? TPBs sell better, are more mass marketable at the Barnes and Nobles of the world, etc... so we'll have to wait and see. Panther is one of those characters though that I see the movie doing really well, and then people wanting more, and an omnibus coming afterwards. Fingers crossed. I would be the same will happen with Capt Marvel - we might get some complete collections before her movie drops, and then if it does decent, then maybe an omnibus of the Reed run of Ms Marvel, or Deconnick's run, or early material, etc...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    The book opens with a JM DeMatties three-parter with Spidey vs. Mysterio. I've never been a huge Mysterio fan, and this arc didn't do much to change my opinion. The issues were dreadfully over-written and sloggishly verbose. And not necessarily in a good way, in my opinion. It was nice to get some back-story on Mysterio and how he became the villain over time, but the art was ... sketch and amateurish for lack of a better term. Dunno. It was ok, but nothing great. I'd give this arc a C+ for effort.
    This is one of my favorite Spider-Man stories! I can understand your complaints about the art. I'd agree but I'm into that artist's unique style. Zulli, I think, right?
    As for the writing, I found it touching the way Peter recounts the story from his youth. I also enjoyed the parallels between Mysterio and Peter. I really sympathized with Beck here.
    But did the collection not include the back-up story from Webspinners #1? It's written by Dematties with art by Romita Sr. It's probably the highlight of that first issue. Shame if they left it out.

Thanks for all the replies re: TFAW! I really appreciate them.

Fantastic Member

so it looks like the Vision hardcover is really happening

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It's also possible they make skip it entirely since it was released as an ohc already.
    Or they are holding to the 3 MMWs per omnibus pattern with the Avengers.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Or they are holding to the 3 MMWs per omnibus pattern with the Avengers.
    Although that trend has already been broken by Dr. Strange and Daredevil.