Page 666 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1665666166566626636646656666676686696706767167661166 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 20773
    Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Does anyone know if the Mighty Avengers Assemble OHC or Dark Avengers OHC have sewn or glued bindings?

Anyone has any opinion on coates's black panther? I couldn't get into the Priest run (I've basically rage quit after like 4 or 5 issues)and haven't read any other BP runs but I want to give this a shot with the ohc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    Does anyone know if the Mighty Avengers Assemble OHC or Dark Avengers OHC have sewn or glued bindings?
    Dark is sewn. Mighty is glued but my copy opens up nice. image.jpg
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I found a few cool things in the Hachette catalogue that I plan to buy. New Wolverine Epic and a Vol 3 of the Wolverine by Daniel Say Complete Collection.

Also: I'm looking forward to that Inhumans TPB. The "Origin" TPB from a couple of years ago is basically Inhumans Epic Collection Volume 1. This new one has a lot of material from Inhumans Masterworks Vol 1, and looks like Inhumans Epic Volume 2. Looking forward to that one!

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Dark is sewn. Mighty is glued but my copy opens up nice. image.jpg
    Awesome, thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    But did the collection not include the back-up story from Webspinners #1? It's written by Dematties with art by Romita Sr. It's probably the highlight of that first issue. Shame if they left it out.
    It did include that back-up. Nice little story about Pete & Gwen's last date and reminiscing about how things really were/might've been vs. how you actually remember them. Also there are two B&W short stories included from Marvel Shadows & Light (must've been a limited series thing) starring Spidey. Good extras!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Anyone has any opinion on coates's black panther? I couldn't get into the Priest run (I've basically rage quit after like 4 or 5 issues)and haven't read any other BP runs but I want to give this a shot with the ohc.
    I gave up after 3 or 4 issues was horrible and no desire to go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I gave up after 3 or 4 issues was horrible and no desire to go back to it.
    that,s not really promising. I might just wait until it gets remaindered. Most Marvel ohcs tend to pop up in bargain sections.

that,s not really promising. I might just wait until it gets remaindered. Most Marvel ohcs tend to pop up in bargain sections.
    Most people hated it, but then again most loved Priest so....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Most people hated it, but then again most loved Priest so....
    I thought it's critically acclaimed. Dunno why. I know the writer is liked by many but that was true about the guy who wrote the N52 Dial H, China Mieville and I couldn't even finish the first arc in that book.

In the guys defense he had never written comics before so very much learning issues, but none of the ideas made me want to stick around to see if he improves. Was about some border issues, and then two women going rogue and leading another tribe, looked like it was building up to some battle. However characters and story felt were weak and same for world building.

Mighty Member

I thought it's critically acclaimed. Dunno why. I know the writer is liked by many but that was true about the guy who wrote the N52 Dial H, China Mieville and I couldn't even finish the first arc in that book.
    Most of the hate for Coates run I've seen is about him being out of character and not the main focus at times, as well as being a bit slow. I have no particular affinity for black panther either way, so I'm gonna give it a go with an open mind cause as you mentioned, it has had some critical acclaim
    Last edited by awayne83; 08-01-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Ya know, I actually think Coates' Black Panther is really well done. There are some pacing issues but he has a sense of poetry to his writing, which I always appreciate in comic books. The issues with Stelfreeze look pretty damn good as well.

That said, I'm pretty selective with my purchases, and I've decided I prefer Black Panther's role/portrayal in Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers saga, so that's the book I've gone with instead.

Spectacular Member

Anyone know if the listed contents of the ANAD Avengers is correct?

Collecting ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS #1-12; and material from AVENGERS (2015) #0, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2015 (AVENGERS) #1 and FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CIVIL WAR II) #1

Issues #13-15 & annual are not in the OHC? I get that these issues are civil war tie-ins but they aren't even in the CW2 OHC

The ANAD Avengers OHC was initially solicited for #1 to 12 but then resolicited to collect the entire series, including the annual. It's possible the contents have changed again, but I'd say websites just didn't update the content listing when it was resolicited.