Page 67 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071771171675671067 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Busiek & Chen Iron Man Omni is OOS on Amazon. Is this book almost gone? I was figuring it was a clearance candidate eventually.
    It doesn't deserve to be. The best Iron Man run and a great run in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Busiek is gold, no doubt. I just thought perhaps overprinted given how fast the Avengers run sold.

Looks like the Netflix Effect has hit Jessica Jones on Amazon too.

Busiek is gold, no doubt. I just thought perhaps overprinted given how fast the Avengers run sold.

I thought it'd go because of the IM films, especially when the stuff from the films is from that run. I'm all for comics selling thanks to exposure from TV/Film until it stops me getting something I want lol.

Spectacular Member

After looking at that link I'm curious as to just how many different versions of Alias TPB's there are. It looks like the entire series has been collected in trades at least three times. Has any other series been completely collected that many times? I know they are essentially just reprints but it looks like each version has different branding, i.e. Ultimate Collection, Jessica Jones: Alias, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I know a lot of people complained about the Hawkeye Omnibus pricing but at least one could make justifications for that, even though the price definitely was inflated. It was a whole critically acclaimed series in one volume. It's oversized. It has theoretically nice sewn binding. It's a deluxe presentation. I assume it has some extras, but if not, usually other Omnis have extras. There's something more to it overall. On the other hand, Marvel wants $25 for ~7 issues in a cheaply made thin trade paperback where you're not even buying an entire series, much less a comprehensive story? These basic TPBs are the absolute bottom of the totem pole when it comes to physical media outside of floppies. There is nothing special about their presentation to justify any price inflation.
    Yeah, I think it's Marvel feeling that most comic book collectors that have vol. 1 & 2 of something would pay a few extra bucks to complete the series.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Agreed. Though I might get the first 4 volumes if I can find them cheap enough. But then I'll have Sins Past on my shelf...
    I look for the good in all things. One thing I love about sins past is the art. I forgive it also because marvel forced JMS with a lot of the plot point and made him change all sorts.

is wolverine and the x-men omnibus slowly going oop?

Quote Originally Posted by THE KZA View Post
    is wolverine and the x-men omnibus slowly going oop?
    Doesn't seem to be on IST, OOS on CGN, AMZ and B&N. Nothing slow about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    The Best of Spider-Man 1-5 plus three more OHCs: The Other, Civil War: Spider-Man (long out of print and going for insane prices) and Back in Black. The only JMS stuff not collected in an oversized format is One More Day (which is a fact that at least I won't complain about).
    I have 1-5. I've read civil war spider-man and like it but definitely wont pay those insane prices. How's the quality of the remaining two: the other and black in black?

Also I really hope they put out two slott omnis collecting stuff from big time to dying wish.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yeah, I think it's Marvel feeling that most comic book collectors that have vol. 1 & 2 of something would pay a few extra bucks to complete the series.
    I could see $17.99 raised to $19.99 to stick it to those loyal customers, but $24.99? That's nuts.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    I have 1-5. I've read civil war spider-man and like it but definitely wont pay those insane prices. How's the quality of the remaining two: the other and black in black?

Also I really hope they put out two slott omnis collecting stuff from big time to dying wish.
    Back in Black is pretty good.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

For the life of me, I cannot find some of the X-Men/X-force OHC's for a reasonable price: Second Coming, Messiah War, and X-Necrosha. If anyone has any leads on these or is looking to sell I am up for it. They're the last bit I need for my collection!

Its a pure nostalgia play. I wonder if I could sell my 10 copies of Spider-Man #1 to put a downpayment on it.

Ha ha, good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    At 38 issues, an 'Amazing Spider-Man by Straczynski & Romita Jr.' Omnibus would be awesome!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I love this run - read it a number of times over the years. I wish Marvel would collect the rest of the series after Busiek left as well, but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Back in Black is pretty good.
    Yeah, and it had that awesome confrontation with the Kingpin!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

I love this run - read it a number of times over the years. I wish Marvel would collect the rest of the series after Busiek left as well, but I don't see it happening.
    I'm reading it right now on Marvel Unlimited. I'm not a big fan of Sober Tony, but Busiek really is one of the best plotters in the business.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot find some of the X-Men/X-force OHC's for a reasonable price: Second Coming, Messiah War, and X-Necrosha. If anyone has any leads on these or is looking to sell I am up for it. They're the last bit I need for my collection!
    Hate to say it, but those have been OOP and pricey for a while. At least since 2012 when I entered the OHC game and immediately focused on X-Men books. The good news is Second Coming fluctuates, so be patient and you should be able to find it for a decent price. I got lucky and found an X-Necrosha at retail, so can't give advice there. Messiah War will be the most difficult of the bunch to obtain easily. But the one bit of good news there is that it's the least important to the storylines going on in the other books. It was basically a Cable event that guest starred X-Force, so if you're not reading the Cable series from that time, you won't be missing anything. (I do recommend that Cable series though, because it was much better than expected.)