Page 68 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172781181685681068 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 20730
    Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Hate to say it, but those have been OOP and pricey for a while. At least since 2012 when I entered the OHC game and immediately focused on X-Men books. The good news is Second Coming fluctuates, so be patient and you should be able to find it for a decent price. I got lucky and found an X-Necrosha at retail, so can't give advice there. Messiah War will be the most difficult of the bunch to obtain easily. But the one bit of good news there is that it's the least important to the storylines going on in the other books. It was basically a Cable event that guest starred X-Force, so if you're not reading the Cable series from that time, you won't be missing anything. (I do recommend that Cable series though, because it was much better than expected.)
    Yeah I missed out on Second Coming and X-Necrosha today on ebay by a matter of seconds. I have read these but have recently been converting my collection to OHCs etc and am blown away at the prices for some of these things (especially with the Messiah War OHC like you said). Oh well, guess I'll keep hunting. :/

In other news, I just finished The Twelve by JMS and Chris Weston....wow! I really enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Kind of a hidden gem imo.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    Before I crack open the old essential Kill raven, does anyone know if this has ever been or is listed anywhere to be released in colour? Had a quick look but couldn't see any signs.
    You're right - unfortunately, classic Killraven has never been reprinted in color, just the b&w Essential. I definitely want either a Marvel Omni or series of color Trades with these issues - the collection should also include the '83 Killraven Marvel graphic novel, with art by P. Craig Russel.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    I have 1-5. I've read civil war spider-man and like it but definitely wont pay those insane prices. How's the quality of the remaining two: the other and black in black?
    I didn't like The Other very much, other than Deodato's art. No spoilers, but they made some decisions that were never fully exploited later on, with the relatively sudden reboots and whatnot. Also, while I like the late Mike Wieringo's work, I felt it didn't match the tone of the story. It also has some of the cringiest Spidey issues I've read, under the Friendly Neighborhood title.

Back in Black I enjoyed way more, even with its corny attempt to tie-in to the third Raimi film, which was about to be released back then. The "companion" OHC/TPB, Peter Parker Spider-Man: Back in Black, includes one of my all-time favorite stories, the Sensational Spider-Man Annual 2007.

So I was browsing eBay to get my mind off losing a bid at the very last second on an Avengers Disassembled/House of M OHC set (I've been looking for both of these books for MONTHS now, and whenever I lose a bid, I somehow calm down my frustration by looking for another book to buy with what I would've paid for said lost bid), and came upon another oversized hardcover I had never seen: Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis - The Heroic Age. It collects Avengers (Vol 4) #1-6, Avengers Prime #1-5 and New Avengers (Vol 2) #1-6. Does anyone here have it/have any thoughts about it?

I have a Marvel event shelf with an awkward gap between Siege and Avengers vs. X-Men. I thought it could fit in nicely, but I've never followed up the Avengers series that closely, so I thought I'd ask first. Also, while on the awkward gap topic, would you recommend the Fallen Son OHC between Civil War and Secret Invasion, or is there another mini that addresses Captain America's "death" directly, besides Brubaker's run?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    So I was browsing eBay to get my mind off losing a bid at the very last second on an Avengers Disassembled/House of M OHC set (I've been looking for both of these books for MONTHS now, and whenever I lose a bid, I somehow calm down my frustration by looking for another book to buy with what I would've paid for said lost bid), and came upon another oversized hardcover I had never seen: Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis - The Heroic Age. It collects Avengers (Vol 4) #1-6, Avengers Prime #1-5 and New Avengers (Vol 2) #1-6. Does anyone here have it/have any thoughts about it?

I have a Marvel event shelf with an awkward gap between Siege and Avengers vs. X-Men. I thought it could fit in nicely, but I've never followed up the Avengers series that closely, so I thought I'd ask first. Also, while on the awkward gap topic, would you recommend the Fallen Son OHC between Civil War and Secret Invasion, or is there another mini that addresses Captain America's "death" directly, besides Brubaker's run?
    I was watching that auction earlier. I wanted the House of M HC but decided pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot find some of the X-Men/X-force OHC's for a reasonable price: Second Coming, Messiah War, and X-Necrosha. If anyone has any leads on these or is looking to sell I am up for it. They're the last bit I need for my collection!
    They were up on eBay earlier today. I only bidded on Necrosha but lost in the last 5 seconds lol, it went for 22.50 and Second Coming HC went for 33 bucks.
    Last edited by THE KZA; 11-29-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis - The Heroic Age. It collects Avengers (Vol 4) #1-6, Avengers Prime #1-5 and New Avengers (Vol 2) #1-6. Does anyone here have it/have any thoughts about it?

Avengers by BMB - The Heroic Age collects the relaunch of the avengers titles after the Siege event. But issues afterwards are only in PHCs leading to AvX.
    IIRC Fallen Son tells how other heroes deals with Steve's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    In other news, I just finished The Twelve by JMS and Chris Weston....wow! I really enjoyed that more than I thought I would. Kind of a hidden gem imo.
    great series, unfortunately the ohc is not the best quality especially the binding but I got it cheap and you just want Weston's art in ohc. I think it's a hidden gem because there was a big gap in publication IIRC bc JMS had a falling out with Marvel and the title went on a 3 year (or more) hiatus and people probably forgot about it.

I need The Uncanny X-Force Omnibus like a crackhead needs crack

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I need The Uncanny X-Force Omnibus like a crackhead needs crack
    Its easier and cheaper to get crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Its easier and cheaper to get crack.
    I'm sure you meant "Cracked".

Quote Originally Posted by THE KZA View Post
    I was watching that auction earlier. I wanted the House of M HC but decided pass on it.

They were up on eBay earlier today. I only bidded on Necrosha but lost in the last 5 seconds lol, it went for 22.50 and Second Coming HC went for 33 bucks.
    Yeah I passed on all 3 of these auctions as well. I lost in that last few seconds of bidding on both which kind of pissed me off and lead to me posting about it. Usually those books don't go for that money and I was disappointed I didn't take advantage of it. And the House of M OHC auction started fine but then ended up going into the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    great series, unfortunately the ohc is not the best quality especially the binding but I got it cheap and you just want Weston's art in ohc. I think it's a hidden gem because there was a big gap in publication IIRC bc JMS had a falling out with Marvel and the title went on a 3 year (or more) hiatus and people probably forgot about it.
    Yeah the paper is tissue thin as well and there is a severe lack of back up matter. Yep, it's disappointing that Marvel wouldn't let JMS to his own devices in a lot of his work....Thor and Spidey could have ended a bit better if that had happened. The Twelve was wonderful though!

Was there a solicit for a reprint of Uncanny X-Men omnibus volume 2?

The reason I ask is Amazon is showing a reprint / release date of May 17th along with the Amazing Spider-man omnibus volume 1. I thought Uncanny X-men volume 1 got the reprint not volume 2?

Want to update my list if volume 2 is truly getting a reprint.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Avengers by BMB - The Heroic Age collects the relaunch of the avengers titles after the Siege event. But issues afterwards are only in PHCs leading to AvX.
    Are the collected issues self-contained? I might get over the ugly movie tie-in cover at the price it's going for, plus it's got some oversized JRJR art.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    IIRC Fallen Son tells how other heroes deals with Steve's death.
    Is it a good read? I might go digital before going for the HC... I guess I'm looking for an acknowledgement of Steve's death after Civil War that complements the single-panel flashback in Secret Invasion to sandwich in between both. Going for the Death of Captain America omnibus instead would mean going down the rabbit hole of hunting Brubaker's overpriced omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Was there a solicit for a reprint of Uncanny X-Men omnibus volume 2?

The reason I ask is Amazon is showing a reprint / release date of May 17th along with the Amazing Spider-man omnibus volume 1. I thought Uncanny X-men volume 1 got the reprint not volume 2?

Want to update my list if volume 2 is truly getting a reprint.

Thanks
    I saw that too; neither UXM Vol 2 nor ASM Vol 1 show up in the Hachette catalog, so I had my doubts as well.

This one does show up around that date:

X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus (New Printing)
    By: Scott Lobdell, Mark Waid, Fabian Nicieza, Jeph Loeb, Roger Cruz, Andy Kubert, Steve Epting, Chris Bachalo
    Illustrated By: Chris Bachalo, Roger Cruz, Steve Epting, Andy Kubert
    On Sale: April 19, 2016
    Pages: 1,072
    Description: Charles Xavier is dead - killed in the past during a time-travel accident - and without his dream, the world has become a nightmare! Apocalypse rules with an iron fist, ruthlessly enforcing his "survival of the fittest" creed...but hidden among a downtrodden humankind are Magneto's ragtag freedom fighters: the X-Men!
    COLLECTING: UNCANNY X-MEN 320-321, X-MEN 40-41, CABLE 20, X-MEN ALPHA, AMAZING X-MEN 1-4, ASTONISHING X-MEN 1-4, FACTOR X 1-4, GAMBIT & THE X-TERNALS 1-4, GENERATION NEXT 1-4, WEAPON X 1-4, X-CALIBRE 1-4, X-MAN 1-4, X-MEN OMEGA, AGE OF APOCALYPSE: THE CHOSEN, X-MEN ASHCAN 2