Page 681 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1815816316716776786796806816826836846856917317811181 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 20767

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    If this is true, this is a first for the Marvel Omnibus line I believe? Interesting.
    My bad.... I read the comments too quickly. It has a green ribbon. Not a bookmark.

Hulk.JPG

Just Garth Ennis Punisher and Darth Vader omnibus
    Not overly crazy about Punisher or Darth Vader
    but I read both in floppies and absolutely loved every issue.
    Too me, omnibus is not about getting a lot of material for my buck of favorite character
    but getting the runs of characters I love (and don't) that I loved reading once and want to
    now and in the future on better and bigger material.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    In for the Ennis Punisher reprint of course(who isn't?)
    I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I am weak and caved by picking up the Planet Hulk Omni despite having the OHC.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    My bad.... I read the comments too quickly. It has a green ribbon. Not a bookmark.

Hulk.JPG
    Guys, stop tempting me. I will be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm not
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Funny, I read long runs of Marvel and D C titles from the 70's through 2000, and loved them.
    But now find many hard to enjoy or not really something I care to "collect", but can and will enjoy a few selected
    collection of those runs.
    See that's funny because I'm trending towards a similar realization. I'm originally from France so I grew up on French and Belgian comics and only started reading DC (and later Marvel) when I moved to the US 12 years ago.
    I've realized that on the whole I don't care to re-read a lot of the stuff I read in comics, or more accurately it's much harder to re-read.

Bandes Dessinees are usually easy to read again because they're usually a self contained story of about 40-50 pages and done. So you remember the stories you like and can just pick them up again anytime. It's all evergreen one-shots in a sense.
    I also read manga and those are serialized like comics but there's always a singular plot, a single author and it's usually no more than 20-30 volumes so it's much more cohesive than comics and it doesn't just keep running for 80+ years.
    For comics it's much harder. For example I've read Spiderman and Xmen and while I enjoyed the Silver Age I probably will never be bothered to read it again and the stories I like are hard to pinpoint in a sea of issues.

So yeah I'm starting to think I should just get rid of a bunch of omnis...

... as I go to order Ennis' Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    With regards to reading orders for events, I strongly recommend https://comicbookreadingorders.com/. I previously used comicbookherald, but when I was making my way through Shadowland, I noticed there were 2 very key issues missing (Shadowland: Bullseye one-shot and Daredevil #512) and the order seemed way off. I therefore started to look around and stumbled upon comicbookreadingorders and I have been using them since using the Marvel Event Timeline for Spider-Island, AvX and Age of Ultron. I am now on Infinity and in each and every event I have used them, their order of issues has been absolutely spot on. They have done an absolute stellar job and I can't recommend them enough. They also do reading orders for DC and other publishers.
    Thanks! I have a bunch of reading order websites bookmarked but I didn't have this one.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Hulk.JPG
    FYI in book manufacturing terms those are called headbands & tailbands.

A ribbon marker is a piece of cloth that can be used as a bookmark (what people were thinking you meant originally).

Edit: Source- I work in book manufacturing- NOT comics books though
    Last edited by ArthurCurry; 09-06-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I wish we got the Ennis Max series instead

I didn't like the Marvel Knights series as much as the max stuff
    Yes...I loved the MK series at the time, but it's hard to go back and read it after the glory of the MAX series. The only arc I really revisit is the last one, Confederacy of Dunces, because it is so gonzo.

I wonder if sales are strong for Planet Hulk and WWH if we will see omnibuses of the rest of Greg Pak's run? It's almost all collected in OHC already right?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I really commend Marvel for the absolutely awesome Punisher: Back to the War Omnibus

What a genius idea to include all the early formative Punisher stories up thru 1986 into one omnibus.

A must own for any Punisher fan.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I really commend Marvel for the absolutely awesome Punisher: Back to the War Omnibus

What a genius idea to include all the early formative Punisher stories up thru 1986 into one omnibus.

A must own for any Punisher fan.
    On the other hand, it's a reprinting of Essential Punisher vol. 1 in Omnibus format.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    On the other hand, it's a reprinting of Essential Punisher vol. 1 in Omnibus format.
    Yea, but I really can't read originally color comics in B&W (I've made one exception for Jonah Hex).

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, but I really can't read originally color comics in B&W (I've made one exception for Jonah Hex).
    Some artists look better in black and white. I would recommend reading Tomb of Dracula essentials with the Gene Colan art. His use of shadow and darkness work well in B&W.

For me, color doesn't became a factor until the changes in the 90s. Before that, I felt the colors were often flat and simple.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I wonder if sales are strong for Planet Hulk and WWH if we will see omnibuses of the rest of Greg Pak's run? It's almost all collected in OHC already right?
    I got all the OHCs that came after WWH, so I'd love to see a Sons of Hulk by Pak and Jenkins OHC and Incredible Hulks Omnibus to just finish the run (unlikely, I know).
    The other potential omni to spin out of WWH would be Incredible Herc by Pak Omnibus! Loved that series

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Some artists look better in black and white. I would recommend reading Tomb of Dracula essentials with the Gene Colan art. His use of shadow and darkness work well in B&W.

For me, color doesn't became a factor until the changes in the 90s. Before that, I felt the colors were often flat and simple.
    I really disagree. I love Colan in color, his garish pulpy colored glory. Color's role in the fuller more original experience is key for me. B&W reprints I just really can't do, very much a bridge too far for me.

So, about the Loki omnbius, was there any reason that the Mighty Thor issue 22 was left out, being the finale of Everything Burns arc and that it was also in the JiM complete colleciton?