Page 682 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1825826326726786796806816826836846856866927327821182 ... LastLast
Results 10,216 to 10,230 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I really disagree. I love Colan in color, his garish pulpy colored glory. Color's role in the fuller more original experience is key for me. B&W reprints I just really can't do, very much a bridge too far for me.
    I have to agree. While his art looks cool in B/W, there was a lot to offer with color in Dracula. Also, as I recall, there were a couple women who looked similar and the red vs brown hair helped distinguish the two.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So, about the Loki omnbius, was there any reason that the Mighty Thor issue 22 was left out, being the finale of Everything Burns arc and that it was also in the JiM complete colleciton?
    I found that strange as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

I found that strange as well.
    I'm kinda burned by this. I don't want to buy the last Thor/JiM trade just for one issue. I might as well just buy the issue. Blah

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    On the other hand, it's a reprinting of Essential Punisher vol. 1 in Omnibus format.
    That statement, that 'X' Omni is just the reprinting of Essential vol. 'x' is true for a few Omnis: ASM, IM, Thor, Hulk, X-Men(various) & Daredevil at minimum.
    If not buying an Omni because it's "just the Essential" was valid criteria for abstaining then the Omni line would've died and the Essential line would still be thriving.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm kinda burned by this. I don't want to buy the last Thor/JiM trade just for one issue. I might as well just buy the issue. Blah
    There's nothing in there relevant to the JiM story; it just wraps up Fraction's Mighty Thor run.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's nothing in there relevant to the JiM story; it just wraps up Fraction's Mighty Thor run.
    Understandable. But isn't it the last issue in the last story arc of the JiM/Thor crossover? So the story is incomplete. Plus the JiM by Gillen's complete collection 2 contained that issue.

It's just a strange disconnect in my opinion

Understandable. But isn't it the last issue in the last story arc of the JiM/Thor crossover? So the story is incomplete. Plus the JiM by Gillen's complete collection 2 contained that issue.

It's just a strange disconnect in my opinion
    It's an aftermath issue that dealt more with events that occurred previously in Fraction's run and focuses on Thor's reaction to the events of the crossover. If memory serves, Loki isn't it in at all. From the point of view of a Loki by Gillen omnibus it's doesn't add anything, even in the context of the Everything Burns crossover. It would have been nice to been included for completion's sake, but you're definitely not missing anything (unless you're reading Fraction's run as well).

Personally, I think the absence of Gillen's earlier Thor issues is a bigger issue, especially the Siege: Loki one-shot. They set up many of the threads in JiM and as someone who read them after JiM, I know first hand that including them would have added a lot more to the story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    I'm asking $300 CAD (thats around $242 USD) for the 2 omnibuses (they are both sealed) +fees and shipping. I thought I would have sold them by now. Guess the demand isn't there.
    I'll gladly pay you Canadian Cover for the Deadpool & Cable Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That statement, that 'X' Omni is just the reprinting of Essential vol. 'x' is true for a few Omnis: ASM, IM, Thor, Hulk, X-Men(various) & Daredevil at minimum.
    If not buying an Omni because it's "just the Essential" was valid criteria for abstaining then the Omni line would've died and the Essential line would still be thriving.
    It wasn't a critique of the omnibus or a reason not to buy it (that would be ludicrous), it was simply a response to the notion that this omnibus in particular has unique, inspired contents.

Also I picked up the classic Punisher omnibus today and it is indeed a thing of beauty. These issues have never looked so good (especially the b&w magazines, Daredevil issues, and Mike Zeck art). You get a nice four page introduction by Steven Grant, and a huge number of bonus extras in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You get a nice four page introduction by Steven Grant, and a huge number of bonus extras in the back.
    I would have thought it was more Jake Lockley's cup of tea...

Spectacular Member

It's an aftermath issue that dealt more with events that occurred previously in Fraction's run and focuses on Thor's reaction to the events of the crossover. If memory serves, Loki isn't it in at all. From the point of view of a Loki by Gillen omnibus it's doesn't add anything, even in the context of the Everything Burns crossover. It would have been nice to been included for completion's sake, but you're definitely not missing anything (unless you're reading Fraction's run as well).

Personally, I think the absence of Gillen's earlier Thor issues is a bigger issue, especially the Siege: Loki one-shot. They set up many of the threads in JiM and as someone who read them after JiM, I know first hand that including them would have added a lot more to the story.
    I just ordered Thor by Gillen complete collection to read ahead of my JiM omnibus - thanks for the heads up!

I don't even know where to start. Ha

IMG_3446.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I just ordered Thor by Gillen complete collection to read ahead of my JiM omnibus - thanks for the heads up!
    I'm a bit gutted that this isn't an OHC to bridge Thor by JMS Omnibus and Siege OHC / JiM Omnibus.

Does anyone think we'll eventually get some sort of Thor: Siege Omnibus collecting Gillen's Thor issues and all the Siege Event tie ins to bridge the 2 existing omnibuses? (similar to the Daredevil Shadowland omnibus, I guess)
    Last edited by jm21; 09-07-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Interesting, thanks for the insight.

And I agree, I wish this was a Thor and Loki by Gillen

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I'm a bit gutted that this isn't an OHC to bridge Thor by JMS Omnibus and Siege OHC / JiM Omnibus.

Does anyone think we'll eventually get some sort of Thor: Siege Omnibus collecting Gillen's Thor issues and all the Siege Event tie ins to bridge the 2 existing omnibuses? (similar to the Daredevil Shadowland omnibus, I guess)
    I wish it would happen, but with the ultimate collection around I don't think we have a chance. It's a real shame, because if the Loki by Gillen Omni goes well, I suspect Marvel will try to capitalize on Loki's appearance in Fraction's Thor run instead (and as a lifelong Thor fan, that run was a mess).
    Last edited by Yaggi_Rck; 09-07-2017 at 06:48 PM.