Page 683 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1835836336736796806816826836846856866876937337831183 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ran home to walk the dogs and my IST order of Planet Hulk and the 2 Punisher Omnis had arrived.

I'm so super stoked about this hat trick of a purchase! The Punisher Back to the War Omni has some fun extras in the back I'm excited to look at and explore!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Ran home to walk the dogs and my IST order of Planet Hulk and the 2 Punisher Omnis had arrived.

I'm so super stoked about this hat trick of a purchase! The Punisher Back to the War Omni has some fun extras in the back I'm excited to look at and explore!
    That's cool! You didn't have to sign for it though? I always have to sign for it. And I hate it when the mailman comes when I'm not home.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    The dog sitter was there at midday and she signed for it. She couldn't stay all day though so I had to cover the evening walk.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't even know where to start. Ha

Attachment 54437
    Sweet! I'll have the Vader and Planet Hulk omnis sometime next week.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    The dog sitter was there at midday and she signed for it. She couldn't stay all day though so I had to cover the evening walk.
    Ah, okay. There was one particular day when I knew I was getting a huge box of omnis and DE's in the mail, so I kept looking out the window and waiting for my dogs to bark (they go nuts when he goes by), but nothing. About an hour after the time he normally goes by, I decide to go see if I somehow missed him and sure enough, I see him parked on the next corner up about to leave.

I hurried as fast as I could, and waved him down. He saw me coming and got out and smiled (he knows I get a lot of books). When I got to him, he said to me "I rang the door bell, but no one answered", which was weird because the door bell was working. Anyway, I signed off for them and took the big box home. It must have weighed about 60 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't even know where to start. Ha

Attachment 54437
    Great haul!!! Is it possible a pic of the spines?

So Punisher back to the war was kind of a blind buy for me have read Circle of Blood. How is the stuff before that? I love Ennis ultra violent Punisher, but have not read to much of the old school stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    So Punisher back to the war was kind of a blind buy for me have read Circle of Blood. How is the stuff before that? I love Ennis ultra violent Punisher, but have not read to much of the old school stuff.
    The Daredevil issues are a highlight. The rest are standard code approved comics from the 70s and 80s, so don't expect an Ennis ultra violence in them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    That's cool! You didn't have to sign for it though? I always have to sign for it. And I hate it when the mailman comes when I'm not home.
    I never have to sign for IST deliveries. I'm not sure if it matters, but I also always upgrade to FedEx ground shipping, usually for free. Fortunately I have a covered porch so I never come home to a box of books sitting in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The Daredevil issues are a highlight. The rest are standard code approved comics from the 70s and 80s, so don't expect an Ennis ultra violence in them.
    Yeah I did not expect that level, but interested to see his early days I think I have read the Daredevil stuff with him in it.

Ah, okay. There was one particular day when I knew I was getting a huge box of omnis and DE's in the mail, so I kept looking out the window and waiting for my dogs to bark (they go nuts when he goes by), but nothing. About an hour after the time he normally goes by, I decide to go see if I somehow missed him and sure enough, I see him parked on the next corner up about to leave.

I hurried as fast as I could, and waved him down. He saw me coming and got out and smiled (he knows I get a lot of books). When I got to him, he said to me "I rang the door bell, but no one answered", which was weird because the door bell was working. Anyway, I signed off for them and took the big box home. It must have weighed about 60 lbs.
    I really hate when delivery people are this incompetent. Just last week I was waiting on a DPD delivery and when it supposed to come I heard a knock on the door downstairs, looked out the window and seen that the DPD van is outside so I just ran down quickly.
    I've checked the shipping label and it clearly said 2nd floor not 1st where the guy kept knocking... -_-'

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My dogs go crazy whenever the doorbell goes. Unfortunately, the postman got bit in the backside once by one of my dogs when he slipped out of the gate. We were away on holiday and my wife's parents were minding our house and menagerie. Fortunately, the postman, although not too happy, was forgiving. I have my comic books delivered to work. That way I'll always pick them up myself. If I'm away, they'll be waiting my desk as they always get signed by the receptionists.

I still can't believe that the Ennis Punisher omnibus got reprinted even as I hold it in my hands. This book was commanding a **** load of money. And I'm still surprised IST hasn't sold out of it yet for the week either

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I still can't believe that the Ennis Punisher omnibus got reprinted even as I hold it in my hands. This book was commanding a **** load of money. And I'm still surprised IST hasn't sold out of it yet for the week either
    Next up: SA X-Men volume 1! Then Silver Surfer.

Hey, a guy can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Next up: SA X-Men volume 1! Then Silver Surfer.

Hey, a guy can hope.
    While I would buy both of those(even SA X-Men 2), I can go my whole collecting life not owning them and be okay. Ennis Punisher though? Man I loved this stuff. Now I just need that pesky Punisher Max 4 hardcover...