Page 690 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1905906406806866876886896906916926936947007407901190 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Next week will be very tough on the wallet.

- World War Hulk
    - Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omni instead(Thor by Simonsson Reprint-I've got this)
    - Kung Fu vol 4
    - Thor Heroes Return Omni
    Those are the 4 I have my eye on and being a state resident I have to pay tax. So even with the 2% discount I'll have I'm looking at around $250 if I got them all.
    I think I'm going to focus on Kung Fu vol.4 for the DM cover and one other but not sure which. Leaning towards WWH or Swamp Thing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Next week will be very tough on the wallet.

- World War Hulk
    - Thor by Simonson Reprint
    - Kung Fu vol 4
    - Thor Heroes Return Omni

Plus a few deluxe editions and other publishers have a lot coming out too. Boom has Power Rangers Deluxe vol 1. This has to be the most omnis/deluxes released in the same week.
    Definitely Shang-Chi and possibly World War Hulk (as I don't have the OHC). Simonson Thor I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Those are the 4 I have my eye on and being a state resident I have to pay tax. So even with the 2% discount I'll have I'm looking at around $250 if I got them all.
    I think I'm going to focus on Kung Fu vol.4 for the DM cover and one other but not sure which. Leaning towards WWH or Swamp Thing.
    I'll probably opt for the Regular Mack cover for Shang-Chi. Much cooler.

^^^^
    To each their own. I just prefer the cover to be of an issue from the book when the option is presented to me.

On that note I got my order in for Mighty Thor vol.3 DM cover from IST about 30min ago.
    Last "easy" purchase before Oct's wish list hits the fan and I(we) have choices to make on what to get and what to delay getting.

It'll be interesting to see next week how much size difference there is between original Simonson Thor vs. new, due to thinner paper. I'm not gonna soapbox about the paper, I honestly don't mind it and the books become smaller, which makes them easier to read. I don't have the original Simonson Omni any more but I used to, and it was JSA omnibus big and hard to read. Hoping new one is a tad bit smaller.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

^^^
    It'll be thinner no doubt. All reprinted ones have been.

yeah but by how much will be interesting. I might even buy it again just so it's more manageable.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

MoKF vol. 4 and World War Hulk (a real upgrade from the OHC, unlike Planet Hulk) for me, as well as the deluxe hardcover of Low.

The garish recolouring makes the Simonson Thor omnibus a pass.

I need some help from my fellow collectors: after some time looking for a reasonably priced, good copy of the Ghost Rider Omnibus, I finally found a used one by a seller on Amazon. He/she described it as "in very good condition"; to my surprise, the dust jacket is NOT in "good condition" (far from it), but the book itself IS in a "very good condition". I live in a country where returning the product simply isn't an option, so I'd like to print a new dust jacket for cosmetic purposes. Is there a website where I can get a high resolution - high quality scan of the dust jacket? If not, what would you recommend/suggest? Thanks!
    Last edited by Yaggi_Rck; 09-29-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    I need some help from my fellow collectors: after some time looking for a reasonably priced, good copy of the Ghost Rider Omnibus, I finally found a used one by a seller on Amazon. He/she described it as "in very good condition"; to my surprise, the dust jacket is NOT in "good condition" (far from it), but the book itself IS in a "very good condition". I live in a country where returning the product simply isn't an option, so I'd like to print a new dust jacket for cosmetic purposes. Is there a website where I can get a high resolution - high quality scan of the dust jacket? If not, what would you recommend/suggest? Thanks!
    When you get it you can scan the dust jacket, clean it up in Photoshop, then re-print it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^
    It'll be thinner no doubt. All reprinted ones have been.
    Even though the reprints are thinner, the Ennis Punisher is still pretty thick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Are you a member of the Omnibus Collector’s Facebook group? They’ve got a bunch of scans of various dustjackets, you might want to ask there.

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    When you get it you can scan the dust jacket, clean it up in Photoshop, then re-print it.
    The problem is the paper's been ripped in some places. But thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Are you a member of the Omnibus Collector’s Facebook group? They’ve got a bunch of scans of various dustjackets, you might want to ask there.
    I had no idea such a thing existed, but I'll look into it. Thank you very much!

Spectacular Member

About how soon should we be expecting the new Hachette catalog?

Amazing Member

Is the Punisher Omnibus by Ennis almost oop?