Page 70 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374801201705701070 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Are the collected issues self-contained? I might get over the ugly movie tie-in cover at the price it's going for, plus it's got some oversized JRJR art.

Is it a good read? I might go digital before going for the HC... I guess I'm looking for an acknowledgement of Steve's death after Civil War that complements the single-panel flashback in Secret Invasion to sandwich in between both. Going for the Death of Captain America omnibus instead would mean going down the rabbit hole of hunting Brubaker's overpriced omnis.
    It's been awhile since I've read it but it's a good read. Nothing amazing but a good capstone to Steve's death. Each issue follows a friend and represents one of the 7 stages of grief.

I just finished up Deadpool volume 3 and after enjoying the first two so much I was underwhelmed by volume 3. The writing wasn't as funny or and the plot was uninteresting and messy and the art was pretty difficult to look at. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the first issue with Nick Fury and Hitler. That gave me a good laugh.

Not Marvel but the book I've been reading and loving is the library edition of the Goon. Such a great book and in a great package as well.

Would anybody here trade a Uncanny X-Force omnibus for a Silver Surfer omnibus?

Spectacular Member

So I've been working my way through UXM and I'm a little over halfway through the second Omni. I just read Avengers Annual #10 and I have to say the art in that is leaps and bounds over Cockrums work in UXM at the same time period. Not knocking his work but it just looks very dated in comparison. I dunno if the Avengers had a bigger art budget since it was an Annual or what, but it just looks so much better, especially the shading. Looks a lot more like what I think of in terms of 80's style comics while Cockrum's art definitely still has that 70's vibe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I just finished up Deadpool volume 3 and after enjoying the first two so much I was underwhelmed by volume 3. The writing wasn't as funny or and the plot was uninteresting and messy and the art was pretty difficult to look at. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the first issue with Nick Fury and Hitler. That gave me a good laugh.
    I've just finished the entire run and found that the first two were the only volumes that were laugh-out-loud funny a lot of the time. The others have their moments, but it takes on a more serious tone - expect the remainder of the run to be similar.
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 12-01-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post

Not Marvel but the book I've been reading and loving is the library edition of the Goon. Such a great book and in a great package as well.
    Vol 3...The Daniel Way run?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Vol 3...The Daniel Way run?
    No. The OHC Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan Vol. 3.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I don't see the big deal with Disassembled. I liked it and it's a bit like Superior Spider-Man. They're coming back real soon whatever happens...
    I liked it too. It continued a Wanda story Byrne did in the 80s in West Coast Avengers. I think people pile hate on it because of what it lead to rather than because it was actually a bad story. Much like Onslaught. The actual main story there is fine, but it led to the awful Heroes Reborn, so it gets additional undeserved hate.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I haven't seen an oversized color reprint in english yet. FWIW, Web of Spider-Man #31 is included in IDW's Mike Zeck's Classic Marvel Stories Artist Edition.

Interestingly enough, Marvel Mexico's version of Kraven's Last Hunt and the three Miracleman books by The Original Writer are all oversized hardcovers, with a pretty decent reproduction.
    Seriously?

Those three books in oversized format would be personal gems in my collection. If only I could read Spanish.

What would I need to plug the gap between the Death Of Captain America Complete Collection and the Trial of Captain America omnibus? It's about 8 issues, right? I'd be willing to grab the omnibus before Trial if it's readily available and the only choice. If there's a cheaper option I'd prefer that without doubling up.

The Man With No Face paperback seems to be way out there for some reason.

What would I need to plug the gap between the Death Of Captain America Complete Collection and the Trial of Captain America omnibus? It's about 8 issues, right? I'd be willing to grab the omnibus before Trial if it's readily available and the only choice. If there's a cheaper option I'd prefer that without doubling up.

The Man With No Face paperback seems to be way out there for some reason.
    Death of Cap ends with #42, Trial of Cap picks up with #602. To fill that gap, you need #43-50, 600-601 and Reborn #1-6. You can pick up the Captain America Lives! Omnibus for all of it, or separately in trades or premiere hardcovers as The Man with No Face, Road to Reborn and Reborn.

Lives!, Man with No Face and Road to Reborn are all hard to get for a reasonable price so I might just get Reborn and not worry about it. I'm a bit gutted, just ordered the Winter Soldier Complete and have now decided to get the last two omnibuses. Luckily for me I can re-purpose it as a gift for someone for Christmas lol.

Lives!, Man with No Face and Road to Reborn are all hard to get for a reasonable price so I might just get Reborn and not worry about it. I'm a bit gutted, just ordered the Winter Soldier Complete and have now decided to get the last two omnibuses. Luckily for me I can re-purpose it as a gift for someone for Christmas lol.
    I have the first 3 ultimate collections and then the Reborn hc and that's it. The stories between those are probably good but I assume they are "just" Bucky adventures, I felt no need to get them to understand or appreciate Reborn.

That's what I figured, I've already missed out on the whole run in omnibus form anyway so I can accept missing a few issues as long as I have most of it. Are the last two omnibuses looking all right stock wise? They seem easily available but I don't want to leave it a few weeks and end up missing out.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

That's what I figured, I've already missed out on the whole run in omnibus form anyway so I can accept missing a few issues as long as I have most of it. Are the last two omnibuses looking all right stock wise? They seem easily available but I don't want to leave it a few weeks and end up missing out.
    With regards to Trial of CA and Return of WS Omnibusses, they are readily available and I reckon they will be for some time now, probably at least for a year or so.