Page 701 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2016016516916976986997007017027037047057117518011201 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 20773

Super pumped for the Defilippis and Weir book. Never thought I'd see that reprinted. Hope they keep going up through the New X-Men book in fat trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    CARNAGE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by PETER MILLIGAN, ZEB WELLS, CHRIS YOST, CULLEN BUNN, KEVIN SHINICK, RICK SPEARS, GERRY DUGGAN & GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by CLAYTON CRAIN, LAN MEDINA, REILLY BROWN, KHOI PHAM, DECLAN SHALVEY, STEPHEN SEGOVIA, DAN MEXIA, KIM JACINTO, MIKE HENDERSON, SALVA ESPIN, GERMÁN PERALTA, JOHN TIMMS & MIKE PERKINS
    ON SALE April 2018
    The psychopathic symbiote steals the spotlight! Cletus Kasady takes his killing spree on the road — including bloody showdowns with his “daddy” Venom, his “son” Toxin, and Deadpool! The Avengers attempt to spare the American heartland from Kasady, but who will save the Microverse? How about Scarlet Spider and a new Venom, Flash Thompson? Then, the Wizard makes Carnage superior, and Axis makes him…a hero?! And Kasady leads the FBI, Man-Wolf and Eddie Brock on a monstrous chase around the globe…but can they stop him from raising the elder god Chthon?
    Collecting VENOM VS. CARNAGE #1-4, CARNAGE (2010) #1-5, CARNAGE U.S.A. #1-5, MINIMUM CARNAGE: ALPHA and OMEGA, SCARLET SPIDER (2012) #10-11, VENOM (2011) #26-27, SUPERIOR CARNAGE #1-5 and ANNUAL #1, DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE #1-4, AXIS: CARNAGE #1-3, NOVA (2013) #26-27, CARNAGE (2015) #1-16 and material from ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT POINT ONE.
    1168 PGS./Parental Advisory …$125.00 • ISBN:978-1-302-91227-7 • Trim size: oversized
    I need this in my life.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Ok, let me get the excitement for this out of way by saying: SUPER EXCITED, buuuuuut...what about Punisher: The Platoon?

Anyone concerned about the timing of this release? Platoon in Vol 2????

Perhaps with Platoon being a "direct follow-up to "Valley Forge, Valley Forge"..."The same narrator/writer character is back"...it does get into Vol 2, you would think and hope, right???
    Yeah, whilst I'm also super excited for this, it is tainted with some disappointment - I hope you're right on Platoon following Valley Forge, Valley Forge and featuring in Vol.2.
    They are clearly sticking to "strictly Ennis" too, so my hope is an eventual vol.3 or Companion Omnibus to collect everything else non-Ennis/Aaron and completely collect everything PunisherMAX in oversized format - I loved it all!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    well would you look at that.. a Carnage Omnibus is on the horizon aswell.
    Glad there was a surprise April Omnibus jumped on us, but I was massively hoping for a New Mutants Omni - guess this just crushed my remaining hopes!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Yeah, whilst I'm also super excited for this, it is tainted with some disappointment - I hope you're right on Platoon following Valley Forge, Valley Forge and featuring in Vol.2.
    They are clearly sticking to "strictly Ennis" too, so my hope is an eventual vol.3 or Companion Omnibus to collect everything else non-Ennis/Aaron and completely collect everything PunisherMAX in oversized format - I loved it all!
    My source on Platoon's placement: (it might be a thing where its continuity references simply don't allow placement between Born and MAX #1)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...atoon-1-review

The Platoon is basically a direct follow-up to "Valley Forge, Valley Forge," Ennis' final Punisher MAX story arc. The same narrator/writer character is back, this time seeking to craft the definitive account of Frank Castle's first tour in Vietnam. The present-day framing sequence cleverly sets the stage for that extended flashback.
    While I know Ennis might do more Punisher comics even after Platoon, I'm still of the opinion that yet unsolicited Vol 2 needs to include Platoon or that will understandably piss off fans.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-17-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

About the Carnage omnibus - I'm happy for those who like the character. This will be a pass for me. But I wonder, why do this book now? Not being snarky, and I fully realize not every collected edition release needs to be tied to some current event, but is Carnage in an upcoming movie (the Venom movie, perhaps?) or in a new Legacy series or event or something? Or is this truly an occasion where they powers that be decided, "Hey, let's do an all Carnage omnibus! Why not, right?!" kinda thing? Just curious.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    PUNISHER MAX BY GARTH ENNIS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Penciled by DARICK ROBERTSON, LEWIS LAROSA, LEANDRO FERNANDEZ & DOUG BRAITHWAITE
    Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
    ON SALE MAY 2018
    Hard-hitting Punisher tales by one of Frank Castle’s signature writers! But do the Punisher’s origins trace back even farther than the fateful day in the park when he lost his family? In Vietnam, with his platoon under attack, Captain Castle must make a grim choice. And in the modern day, Punisher’s old partner, Microchip, resurfaces with a startling offer! Nick Fury has a proposition, too — a dangerous mission involving a Siberian nuclear missile silo and a lethal retrovirus. But Castle’s actions set off a chain reaction that will bring him into conflict with a ruthless Russian general — and take the world to the brink of war. Plus: Mobster Nicky Cavella returns to plague the Punisher, and a wave of violence rocks New York to its core!
    Collecting BORN #1-4 and PUNISHER (2004) #1-30.
    864 PGS./Explicit Content …$100.00 • ISBN: 978-1-302-91207-9 • Trim size: oversized
    Appreciate the info on this. I just bought volumes 1-3 of the OHCs, but I may trade them off after I break down and get this Omni.

Probably the best series I've read in the last 15 years...and I wasn't a huge Punisher fan before reading Ennis' MAX series.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 10-17-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    About the Carnage omnibus - I'm happy for those who like the character. This will be a pass for me. But I wonder, why do this book now? Not being snarky, and I fully realize not every collected edition release needs to be tied to some current event, but is Carnage in an upcoming movie (the Venom movie, perhaps?) or in a new Legacy series or event or something? Or is this truly an occasion where they powers that be decided, "Hey, let's do an all Carnage omnibus! Why not, right?!" kinda thing? Just curious.
    Yeah, I was wondering similar things. I would have expected a Venom Omnibus in line with the movie. Maybe, they'll be pushing Carnage in the coming months.

Sometimes, I get the feeling that the Marvel Collected Department have been given the go-ahead to release any Omnibuses they have a fancy to what with the success of the movies and moderate TV success. Due to this, they're not taking any prisoners and pushing out as many Omnibuses as they can because who knows what the future will bring and how long Marvel will be "on top". Just a thought.

WOLVERINE GOES TO HELL OMNIBUS Cover by JAE LEE:

WEAPON X: THE RETURN OMNIBUS Cover by BART SEARS:

PUNISHER MAX BY GARTH ENNIS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover by TIM BRADSTREET:

CARNAGE OMNIBUS:

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: MARVEL TEAM-UP VOL. 3 HC Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.:

At long last. I've been waiting for this one.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE DEFENDERS VOL. 6 HC Cover by JACK KIRBY:

MARVEL LEGACY OHC Cover by JOE QUESADA: