Page 703 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2036036536936997007017027037047057067077137538031203 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Why not try and pick up the Iron Man Vol. 1 Michielinie, Layton & JRJR Omnibus which includes those issues? It's generally regarded as OOP but can still be obtained from certain sellers such as amazon.com.
    I'm not sure how much of that era I would want to reread. And i assumed the Omnibus would be prohibitively expensive. I wouldn't even consider it unless it was at least 30% off of retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I'm not sure how much of that era I would want to reread. And i assumed the Omnibus would be prohibitively expensive. I wouldn't even consider it unless it was at least 30% off of retail.
    I think you can still find it for that price just have to hunt a bit but it's not super oop yet. It was on clearance for a while. I absolutely loved that omnibus, there are a few fill in issues but the majority is just really good, fun bronze age Iron man. The following Epic collections by Dennis O'neill are just as good, maybe even better IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think you can still find it for that price just have to hunt a bit but it's not super oop yet. It was on clearance for a while. I absolutely loved that omnibus, there are a few fill in issues but the majority is just really good, fun bronze age Iron man. The following Epic collections by Dennis O'neill are just as good, maybe even better IMHO.
    I actually think they're better and would love to seem them get an omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    All i know is that i loved those Doom Quest issues. I could see myself going back to it multiple times. If the rest of the run is like those (both in art and story) then i would buy it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Don't get me wrong...as a kid I liked his appearances in the Spider-books, and loved his first limited series that came out when I was 13. But, you mix a guy like him up with people that have super-powers, he becomes kind of a joke. I like how Ennis' Max series was devoid of anyone with powers, and only Nick Fury was someone that crossed over. The Punisher becomes a great character under those circumstances, and Ennis wrote it perfectly.
    Yea, I liked his pre-90s appearances, it was Baron and 90s Punisher that I didn't care for. Then you read Welcome Back Frank and Ennis's intro (his manifesto of sorts on Punisher) and it all comes together. Ennis realized that Frank didn't always have to be the character carrying the plot or characterization in a story either, Frank could in many stories operate as basically the shark from Jaws or Jason Voorhees. Ennis developed Frank, used him, but didn't betray his laconic and antisocial nature.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    is the Carnage Omni a collection of all his mini series or just the recent stuff?
    CARNAGE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by PETER MILLIGAN, ZEB WELLS, CHRIS YOST, CULLEN BUNN, KEVIN SHINICK, RICK SPEARS, GERRY DUGGAN & GERRY CONWAY
    Penciled by CLAYTON CRAIN, LAN MEDINA, REILLY BROWN, KHOI PHAM, DECLAN SHALVEY, STEPHEN SEGOVIA, DAN MEXIA, KIM JACINTO, MIKE HENDERSON, SALVA ESPIN, GERMÁN PERALTA, JOHN TIMMS & MIKE PERKINS
    ON SALE April 2018
    The psychopathic symbiote steals the spotlight! Cletus Kasady takes his killing spree on the road — including bloody showdowns with his “daddy” Venom, his “son” Toxin, and Deadpool! The Avengers attempt to spare the American heartland from Kasady, but who will save the Microverse? How about Scarlet Spider and a new Venom, Flash Thompson? Then, the Wizard makes Carnage superior, and Axis makes him…a hero?! And Kasady leads the FBI, Man-Wolf and Eddie Brock on a monstrous chase around the globe…but can they stop him from raising the elder god Chthon?
    Collecting
    VENOM VS. CARNAGE #1-4
    CARNAGE (2010) #1-5,
    CARNAGE U.S.A. #1-5,
    MINIMUM CARNAGE: ALPHA and OMEGA,
    SCARLET SPIDER (2012) #10-11,
    VENOM (2011) #26-27,
    SUPERIOR CARNAGE #1-5 and ANNUAL #1,
    DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE #1-4,
    AXIS: CARNAGE #1-3,
    NOVA (2013) #26-27,
    CARNAGE (2015) #1-16 and material from ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT POINT ONE.
    1168 PGS./Parental Advisory …$125.00 • ISBN:978-1-302-91227-7 • Trim size: oversized

If you look at the solicit its all his material from the last 10yrs or so, including various mini-series and crossover appearances. Ending with his first ever ongoing that ran 16 issues. Plenty of material for another Carnage Omni from the 90s that would essentially be the Carnage Classic TPB + Maximum Carnage.

Not sure how much more material there is between the close of Maximum Carnage to Venom vs Carnage(2004).
    Sentry "killing" him would be somewhere in there. That kind of limited his exposure for a few years.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 10-19-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

If you just want the Iron Man/Doom stories, there is Doomquest collecting #149-150 and the sequel story by Michelinie/Layton #249-250. And then the third story is Legacy of Doom available in a separate collection. They are out of print, but can be found on Amazon 3rd party sellers.

yeah O'neill really explored stark's alcoholism and that run barely had any disposable fill in issues, it was pretty tight for an 80s superhero book. I've only read it once though like a year or two ago but I remember binging the 2 epics much faster than any other BA series (maybe Squadron Supreme).

Extraordinary Member

I'll be picking up Avengers Academy for sure.

BANNED

All i know is that i loved those Doom Quest issues. I could see myself going back to it multiple times. If the rest of the run is like those (both in art and story) then i would buy it.
    It's really similar in tone and quality. The best thing I could really suggest is check out some of the other issues available and decide for yourself, AFAIK both their runs and the Oneil run mentioned earlier are available through Marvel Unlimited. For my money I think the Michelinie, Layton, and JRJr runs on the title are the gold standard for the character, and while the Doomquest 2-parter is actually my favorite of their run (yes, even over Demon in a Bottle and Armor Wars from their 2nd go-round), there are plenty of strong stories throughout.

Also, the Iron Man Omni is actually going for ~$70 new on Amazon right now, so right about at that 30% off price point you mentioned.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    It's really similar in tone and quality. The best thing I could really suggest is check out some of the other issues available and decide for yourself, AFAIK both their runs and the Oneil run mentioned earlier are available through Marvel Unlimited. For my money I think the Michelinie, Layton, and JRJr runs on the title are the gold standard for the character, and while the Doomquest 2-parter is actually my favorite of their run (yes, even over Demon in a Bottle and Armor Wars from their 2nd go-round), there are plenty of strong stories throughout.

Also, the Iron Man Omni is actually going for ~$70 new on Amazon right now, so right about at that 30% off price point you mentioned.
    You can probably get it even cheaper "New" from the amazon marketplace. You just need to shop around. If you really liked the artwork, you can't beat seeing it in an oversized format such as the Omnibus. This Omni isn't too wieldy to handle either. I reckon come the new year, this Omni will be totally OOP, so this is a good time as any to purchase it.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Is the Carnage stuff any good? Generally Milligan is a good writer.
    The most recent series was really great IMO. I’m picking up the Omnibus for that alone.

Is the Carnage stuff any good? Generally Milligan is a good writer.
    I really liked the Carnage/Carnage USA/Minium Carnage trilogy. Axis: Carnage was super fun too. Conway's series was surprisingly good, a surprising throwback to the Midnight Sons era.

I've not read the other stuff, but that is the bulk of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    The most recent series was really great IMO. I’m picking up the Omnibus for that alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I really liked the Carnage/Carnage USA/Minium Carnage trilogy. Axis: Carnage was super fun too. Conway's series was surprisingly good, a surprising throwback to the Midnight Sons era.

I've not read the other stuff, but that is the bulk of it.
    The last thing I remember about Carnage was the Sentry ending his ass. Will this explain how he comes back? I'm going to blind buy it.

Incredible Member

The last thing I remember about Carnage was the Sentry ending his ass. Will this explain how he comes back? I'm going to blind buy it.
    I haven’t read it, but if I recall Wikipedia correctly, they revealed the symbiote helped him survive reentry to earth and the loss of his legs. He had robotic metal legs for a while, though I don’t know if he still does or not.