Page 705 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2056056556957017027037047057067077087097157558051205 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    @TheTurtleDog - a BIG thanks for updating the Omnibus lists.

West Coast Avengers Omnibus Volume 1 should be moved from Almost Out of Print to Out of Print. It's available from CGN but at an OOP price.
    Also, The Muppet Babies Omnibus is missing from the Readily Available list.
    Thank you for the feedback, Raffi. I didn't even know there was a Muppet Babies Omnibus. I will add it to my tracking sheet. With respect to WCA Volume 1, CGN still has it for sale at 20% off MSRP. I think it's been like that for a couple years so I have left it on the "Almost" list for now but will continue to keep an eye on it.

Someone unloaded a chunk of their collection at my local HPB. Quite a few epics here too. No telling what was here but sold before I showed up.

Man, they would've gotten next to nothing for cash at HPB. But perhaps the owner died and his/her spouse or kids just wanted to get rid of them. Or person was in a jam and needed $ fast that an Ebay firesale wouldn't bring.
    But this is why I cruise my local HPBs at least once a month, for gems like that.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Man, they would've gotten next to nothing for cash at HPB. But perhaps the owner died and his/her spouse or kids just wanted to get rid of them. Or person was in a jam and needed $ fast that an Ebay firesale wouldn't bring.
    But this is why I cruise my local HPBs at least once a month, for gems like that.
    Yep I had a friend try and take a couple collected editions there a while back and he gladly walked out with his stuff.

Some of those priced at $130 and $100 I know they gave the seller like $30 and $20 bucks for. It's ridiculous. I'm trying to understand where the "Half Price" comes in. They dont sell things for half price(Retail or Resale) nor do they pay people half price for their items lol

Some of the epics were at like $20 lmao I can buy brand new epics for that or less.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    About the Biggest X-men Gaps that need OHC & Omnibus I'd suggest these:

X-Men: The Lost Years (Amazing Adventures #11-17 (transformation of The Beast), Incredible Hulk #150, 161, 172, & 180-181 (debut of Wolverine), Amazing Spider-Man #92, Marvel Team-Up #4, 23, & 38, Avengers #110-111, Captain America #172-175, Defenders #15-16, and Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4 + Fantastic Four (1961) #102-104 and Amazing Adventures Vol. 2 (1970) #9-10 + 22-issue series of “X-Men: The Hidden Years”)

and the 2 omnibus Krisis suggested:

X-Men: Crossroads Omnibus (UXM #199-209 + Ann 9-10, NM 35-45 + Ann 2 & Special Edition, X-Factor #1-8 + Ann 1, Marvel Fanfare #33, Alpha Flight #33-34, X-Men: Heroes for Hope, Firestar #1-4, Fantastic Four #286, Avengers #263)

X-Men: Before the Fall Omnibus (Collects Uncanny X-Men #215-219 & Annual 11, X-Factor #12-17 & Annual 2, and New Mutants #47-54 & Ann 3, Mephisto vs. X-Factor, Mephisto vs X-Men, Spiderman and Wolverine #1, Marvel Fanfare #38 (Rogue/Dazzler backup), X-Men vs Fantastic Four #1-4, X-Men vs Avengers #1-4, Fallen Angels #1-8, and Marvel Super-Heroes #1 (Magik story))

it would be the best way to include the mini series and crossovers and moove on to other X-factor (90's by Peter David, J. M. DeMatteis and Todd DeZago) and New Mutants Omnibus (it would continue from a 1st NM Omnibus)
    Man, I hope we get one of these with the Dark Phoenix film!
    Other OHCs it would be great timing for:
    X-Men: Phoenix Song by Pak OHC (Endsong and Warsong collection)
    X-Men: Family Ties OHC to collect the remaining gaps and miniseries between X-Cutioners Song and Phalanx Covenant OHCs (including Bloodties and The Wedding)

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Someone unloaded a chunk of their collection at my local HPB. Quite a few epics here too. No telling what was here but sold before I showed up.
    Wow, a lot of interesting things!

Thanks for sharing.

I know when people try to sell comic-y things anywhere, while something might "sell for " or "be worth" $100.00, that is only for "them". When you go sell it, they want to pay you only 10-20% of that value, so that they can sell it for the "valued" price, making 5-10 times what they pay you.

I had a friend that happened to at multiple buyers, comics shop, etc. He needed room and so sold things at low prices, even though most things were in perfect condition. They definitely want to make 5X at least, what they buy it from you and they know the valued price. It is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I've been wondering, what do you guys like to see on the spine, just text or text and images? I like the latter. Especially when the book is more than one volume long. Looks really nice to see images to go with the text on the spine.
    Personally my favorite is black background, artsy/logo title and a character art at the bottom.
    I really dislike the busy WoK spine and I'm not a big fan of the silver age plain white block letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Yep I had a friend try and take a couple collected editions there a while back and he gladly walked out with his stuff.

Some of those priced at $130 and $100 I know they gave the seller like $30 and $20 bucks for. It's ridiculous. I'm trying to understand where the "Half Price" comes in. They dont sell things for half price(Retail or Resale) nor do they pay people half price for their items lol

Some of the epics were at like $20 lmao I can buy brand new epics for that or less.
    I get that but I'm someone who has a bunch of books I need to sell. I really don't feel like bothering with shipping and ebay hassle for some 20-50$ TPB bundles (even omnis) but at the same time going to HPB and getting a cheap deal gives me a bad taste so I'm still stuck with my pile of books gathering dust...
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Man, I hope we get one of these with the Dark Phoenix film!
    Other OHCs it would be great timing for:
    X-Men: Phoenix Song by Pak OHC (Endsong and Warsong collection)
    X-Men: Family Ties OHC to collect the remaining gaps and miniseries between X-Cutioners Song and Phalanx Covenant OHCs (including Bloodties and The Wedding)
    Lets hope someone at Marvel Collected editions department reads Krisis posts!
    I'd really like to read the Fallen Angels in Omni size, with New Mutants or if as Krisis compiled it, even better!

But without Black Panther, New Mutants or Infinity War Omninus I'm not hoping for great anouncements with the movies...
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Lets hope someone at Marvel Collected editions department reads Krisis posts!
    Of course they do, how else could they keep continuity straight?

Incredible Member

About the Biggest X-men Gaps that need OHC & Omnibus I'd suggest these:

X-Men: The Lost Years (Amazing Adventures #11-17 (transformation of The Beast), Incredible Hulk #150, 161, 172, & 180-181 (debut of Wolverine), Amazing Spider-Man #92, Marvel Team-Up #4, 23, & 38, Avengers #110-111, Captain America #172-175, Defenders #15-16, and Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4 + Fantastic Four (1961) #102-104 and Amazing Adventures Vol. 2 (1970) #9-10 + 22-issue series of “X-Men: The Hidden Years”)
    Plus the Cyclops/Professor X pages from (Adventures into) Fear #20 to wrap up the Morbius plotline from MTU #4!

Can I ask where that is? I need that Micheline/McFarland Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Can I ask where that is? I need that Micheline/McFarland Spiderman.
    Dallas, TX -- Well, Cedar Hill, TX.
    I believe they have it priced at $129.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I get that but I'm someone who has a bunch of books I need to sell. I really don't feel like bothering with shipping and ebay hassle for some 20-50$ TPB bundles (even omnis) but at the same time going to HPB and getting a cheap deal gives me a bad taste so I'm still stuck with my pile of books gathering dust...
    Man, I almost feel like anything is better than the robbery that is HPB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, a lot of interesting things!

Thanks for sharing.

I know when people try to sell comic-y things anywhere, while something might "sell for " or "be worth" $100.00, that is only for "them". When you go sell it, they want to pay you only 10-20% of that value, so that they can sell it for the "valued" price, making 5-10 times what they pay you.

I had a friend that happened to at multiple buyers, comics shop, etc. He needed room and so sold things at low prices, even though most things were in perfect condition. They definitely want to make 5X at least, what they buy it from you and they know the valued price. It is sad.
    Right.
    HPB will legit tell a guy that a $100 book is only worth $10 lol
    I went in another HPB a week ago and They had a couple omnibus' in there also.

The location I took that picture at NEVER really has anything. Especially not that much. So someone really blessed them. I think last time I went they had one omnibus and it was the Millar Wolverine one. They never have that much or stuff that good.

I never knew that Invisibles omnibus was so massive.

I never knew that Invisibles omnibus was so massive.
    It might very well be the biggest omnibus to date among the big two.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It might very well be the biggest omnibus to date among the big two.
    Doom Patrol is up there among the big 2 also thing is massive closest I have seen from the marvel side is Thor.