Page 71 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475811211715711071 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    With regards to Trial of CA and Return of WS Omnibusses, they are readily available and I reckon they will be for some time now, probably at least for a year or so.
    Cheers dude. I'll probably order Reborn HC and Trial omnibus tomorrow and get the last omnibus next week. I only missed the first omnibus and chose not to get the others as they came out. Don't know why I decided to not buy them at the time.

Incredible Member

Anyone have any opinions about the quality of the content in the Wolverine Epic Collection: The Dying Game? Any good? Or is it for hardcore Wolverine/X-Men fans only?

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I have the first 3 ultimate collections and then the Reborn hc and that's it. The stories between those are probably good but I assume they are "just" Bucky adventures, I felt no need to get them to understand or appreciate Reborn.
    While the BuckyCap issues aren't essential to understanding "Reborn" the issues after "Death of..." are what IMO really fleshed out and defined Bucky's character as his own rebirth/reintroduction to the modern MU. To me, Brubaker wrote the perfect Captain America, and these issues IMO are among the strongest in both narrative and artwork.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Has any official release date been given yet for Master of Kung Fu or Dr.Strange?
    I'm guessing Spring/Early Summer only because they have quite a few listed through April already.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Has any official release date been given yet for Master of Kung Fu or Dr.Strange?
    I'm guessing Spring/Early Summer only because they have quite a few listed through April already.
    None for Strange but Kung Fu is July 2016 according to Amazon US.

Can anybody clarify what's in the Panini UK version of Captain America Reborn? Amazon says it contains Cap #600 and Reborn #1-5. Does it really miss out issue 6? The proper Marvel trade and hardcover are listed as Reborn #1-6 so if the Panini version has 600 and all six issues I'll go for that instead.

Edit: Found the back cover on Wordery and it has #6 included.
    Last edited by Dayle88; 12-02-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Can anybody clarify what's in the Panini UK version of Captain America Reborn? Amazon says it contains Cap #600 and Reborn #1-5. Does it really miss out issue 6? The proper Marvel trade and hardcover are listed as Reborn #1-6 so if the Panini version has 600 and all six issues I'll go for that instead.

Edit: Found the back cover on Wordery and it has #6 included.
    is it a tpb? the panini version. Because it probably has the ugly grey spine then.

Yeah not the best design wise. I've got Iron Man Now! in Panini trades because they came out sooner. It's only £2 more for the Marvel Reborn HC that doesn't have #600. I might just flip a coin.

Spectacular Member

I just finished reading my OHCs of Thor God of Thunder.

Wow I loved it. It was the first true Thor series I ever read. I even liked the environmental stuff near the end. The whole thing just blew me away.

Is there any other recommended thor stuff? Art is of course key but I really liked the story telling and world building that Aaron did. Or did I already read the best Thor run of all time and I should just quit while I am ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post

Wow I loved it. It was the first true Thor series I ever read. I even liked the environmental stuff near the end. The whole thing just blew me away.

Is there any other recommended thor stuff? Art is of course key but I really liked the story telling and world building that Aaron did. Or did I already read the best Thor run of all time and I should just quit while I am ahead?
    I'm not a Thor guy but I think Walt Simonson's run is considered definitive. I read that first Aaron OHC and was floored, it was fantastic, I am Omni waiting for the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I'm not a Thor guy but I think Walt Simonson's run is considered definitive. I read that first Aaron OHC and was floored, it was fantastic, I am Omni waiting for the rest of it.
    Not to be a hater, but I don't think his run as a whole holds up. I never cared for Beta Ray Bill (one of the worst things introduced in all of Thor) and once he stops drawing it there is a whole lot less to love. I actually sold the omnibus both because it was too big and not as good as my memory of it. I find the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby run once they take over (is it the third masterwork?) holds up much better.

I also enjoy the Defalco and Frenz run on Thor (which you can get the start of in an Epic trade) more than Simonson. Another minus for the Simonson run was the new coloring in both the Omnibus and current trades. If you decide to buy it I'd look for the older out of print trades with the original color.

I should add in fairness some of Simonsons run is pure gold. I just think as a whole it's over rated and for me not the definitive run.
    Last edited by Tony; 12-02-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

-Walt Simonson's Thor run
    -Thor Disassembled #80-85
    -Thor (2007)
    -Mighty Thor (2011)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Dan Jurgens had a heck of a run that was concluded by Michael Avon Oeming. It was all pretty great as I recall, but I haven't read them since they were published.

Warren Ellis also wrote a cool arc called "World Engine" that I believe has been collected. It was issue # 491-494. Also JMS had a pretty solid run as well.

There's actually been some pretty good Thor over the years now that I think about it.

I'm also digging Aaron's stuff but I've only read the two OHCs.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 12-02-2015 at 08:21 PM.

also check out Thor the Mighty Avenger too.

Incredible Member

I really enjoyed JMS run.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?