Page 711 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2116116617017077087097107117127137147157217618111211 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,665 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    That ASM omnibus is waaay bigger than mine! I thought the paper in mine wasn't bad but that one must have amazing paper.
    Screw paper, I'll take the thinner omni! :P
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Screw paper, I'll take the thinner omni! :P
    Yeah I have to admit, I'd rather have something easier to read like mine is. Mine says "First Print 2013", so I've no idea what actual printing that is!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Picked up Clone Saga vol. 2 and X-Force Omnibus vol. 2 (aka Deadpool & X-Force). Now we finally have The Lost Years in its proper place!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Picked up Clone Saga vol. 2 and X-Force Omnibus vol. 2 (aka Deadpool & X-Force). Now we finally have The Lost Years in its proper place!
    Can you explain? Clone Saga related point?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

I like the new Marvel paper. It stays warp free more than any other paper I have. All my DC omnis tend to have a very mild page waviness.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Can you explain? Clone Saga related point?
    Yes, in the Complete Clone Saga tpb's it was presented at the very start of the first tpb, which spoiled the mysteries of the entire saga. In the omnibus it is in its proper place near the end.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yes, in the Complete Clone Saga tpb's it was presented at the very start of the first tpb, which spoiled the mysteries of the entire saga. In the omnibus it is in its proper place near the end.
    Very interesting, thanks. I can accept in either place & see the reasoning (many not coming new to the Saga), though, from a "what's best for a new reader" perspective, I can understand thinking it best left near the end.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

from a literally any reader perspective it's best left where it occurred in publication history.

from a literally any reader perspective it's best left where it occurred in publication history.
    Shouldn't this always be the case?

So what is up with X-Men Classic Omnibus I had it on my wishlist on cheapgraphicnovels but cannot find it on their at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Shouldn't this always be the case?
    For the most part yes but there are exceptions, such as when trades collect different titles where you want to read several months of one title and then several months of the other title instead of alternating each issue. Also when the intended publication dates end up not being the actual dates due to delays.

But as a general rule I can't think of *any* prequel made after the original that should be partaken in before the original, regardless of medium (comic, book, movie, etc)

Question about shelves. I'm headed to Ikea because I need a new case. I looked at the ones I have and I think they're the ones that were discontinued but not sure. Does anyone know which ones Ikea quit making and - by chance - have a picture of them? I guess I'll get the Billys since they're similar to what I have although I think the dimensions are off by a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Question about shelves. I'm headed to Ikea because I need a new case. I looked at the ones I have and I think they're the ones that were discontinued but not sure. Does anyone know which ones Ikea quit making and - by chance - have a picture of them? I guess I'll get the Billys since they're similar to what I have although I think the dimensions are off by a little bit.
    IKEA used to produce the Expedit line which are the common cubed shelves you usually see on these boards. However they discontinued those a few years back in favor of the Kallax line, which are essentially the same. The only big difference I saw is that the outer shelving on the Kallax is not as thick as the Expedit.

I have versions of both and they work perfectly.

EDIT: This article has pictures of both

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ikea...gn-news-200490

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    IKEA used to produce the Expedit line which are the common cubed shelves you usually see on these boards. However they discontinued those a few years back in favor of the Kallax line, which are essentially the same. The only big difference I saw is that the outer shelving on the Kallax is not as thick as the Expedit.

I have versions of both and they work perfectly.

EDIT: This article has pictures of both

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ikea...gn-news-200490
    Thanks! I appreciate it. This helps!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    So what is up with X-Men Classic Omnibus I had it on my wishlist on cheapgraphicnovels but cannot find it on their at all now.
    I also no longer find it at CGN. However, it still appears at Amazon, Tales of Wonder, and the Hachette Business Portal. Publication date is unchanged as well (DM: 12/5, Mass Market: 12/19).