Page 717 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2176176677077137147157167177187197207217277678171217 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Uncanny X-Force omnibus - Why would Marvel not reprint this immediately? Has an omnibus ever sold out quicker?

The lack of reasoning is more frustrating than the lack of book itself.

Grah!
    Annihilation was pretty close I think.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Uncanny X-Force omnibus - Why would Marvel not reprint this immediately? Has an omnibus ever sold out quicker?

Grah!
    I'd say it is most likely to be reprinted when the X-Force film comes out, hopefully along with an X-Force Vol. 3/Cable & X-Force.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Is the new Hatchett dropping today? Thought I saw that it was. Getting into the afternoon now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Newsarama Link

OMF'G!! 😍
    X-factor Investigations is one of the best writen marvel series ever!!

I hope that Disney never buys Fox! Not that I think that the movie will be as awesome as the comics but I believe that maybe this will help release X-Factor Investigation Omnibus! Hopefully the complete Run!! 🤓

This is up there with the Dr Doom by Noah Hawley in my movie expectations!
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Grah!
    Maybe waiting for the announced X-force movie in 2019?
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Newsarama Link

OMF'G!! ��
    X-factor Investigations is one of the best writen marvel series ever!!

I hope that Disney never buys Fox! Not that I think that the movie will be as awesome as the comics but I believe that maybe this will help release X-Factor Investigation Omnibus! Hopefully the complete Run!! ��

This is up there with the Dr Doom by Noah Hawley in my movie expectations!
    This is awesome news, I was delighted to read it. I really hope this means a few X-Factor Omnibus too!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    This is awesome news, I was delighted to read it. I really hope this means a few X-Factor Omnibus too!
    A complete run Omnibus anouncement like they did with shang chi Master of kung fu + Deadly Hands Of Kung Fu would be perfect (and possiblly with the All-New X-Factor issues as extras at the end )

One for X-factor and one for Moon Knight while I'm asking.. hopefully the Punisher show release today has a nod to Mr Marc Spector.

I dont believe it though, but we can always dream...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default My thoughts on a Two-Omnibus set of Superior Spider-Man

During the last couple of "Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus" polls that were carried out yearly between the Marvel Masterworks Forum and our thread, I remember a few people were keen on Marvel releasing a Superior Spider-Man Omnibus which would basically consist of the three Superior Spidey OHCs. At the time, I was pretty much against it as I was pretty happy with the three solid OHCs and preferred Marvel to release alternative Spider-Man material in Omnibus format. Well, my opinion has slightly changed. I would be quite happy with a two-volume Omnibus set of Superior Spider-Man. Let me explain.

I recently finished reading the three Superior Spider-Man OHCs along with various single issues from Avenging Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man Team-Up as well as the Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus. From Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 onwards, one could easily rename the Avenging Spider-Man run as “Otto Octavius, The Superior Spider-Man”. Yes, I agree that the Superior Spider-Man issues and OHCs are pretty fine read on their own, but the Avenging issues give so much more to the overall Superior story. The same goes for SSM Team-Up, in particular issues #9-12 (#9 and #10 feature Daredevil and The Punisher in major roles) which are quite an integral part of the mini-Spidey event: “Goblin Nation”. There is Kaine’s first encounter with SpOck in the pages of SSMTU and “Scarlet Spider” and also the 3 issue specials which make up the “Arms of the Octopus” storyline when SpOck encounters the All New X-Men and the Indestructible Hulk. From my calculations, there would be 63 issues as well as all the additional material from three Spidey runs such as the gazillion number of alternative covers. A few of the issues were also oversized. Below are the issues I would like to see in the two Omnibus set. I’ve noted the number of issues from each run in brackets.

Amazing Spider-Man #698-700 (3)
    Superior Spider-Man #1-31 (31)
    Superior Spider-Man #6AOU (1)
    Superior Spider-Man Annual #1-2 (2)
    Avenging Spider-Man #15.1-22 (8)
    Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1-12 (12)
    Scarlet Spider #20 (1)
    Inhumanity: Superior Spider-Man #1 (1)
    “The Arms of the Octopus”: SSM Special #1; ANXM Special #1; IH Special #1 (3)
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man #11 (1)

TOTAL: 63 issues

As an added bonus, Amazing Spider-Man #700.1-700.5 could also be added for good measure as these issues seem to be orphaned not appearing in any collected edition I know of. That would give 68 issues, not too shabby indeed. IMHO, it would be very cool for Spidey completionists to have Marvel put all these issues together in two Omnibuses. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 11-17-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    During the last couple of "Most Wanted Marvel Omnibus" polls that were carried out yearly between the Marvel Masterworks Forum and our thread, I remember a few people were keen on Marvel releasing a Superior Spider-Man Omnibus which would basically consist of the three Superior Spidey OHCs. At the time, I was pretty much against it as I was pretty happy with the three solid OHCs and preferred Marvel to release alternative Spider-Man material in Omnibus format. Well, my opinion has slightly changed. I would be quite happy with a two-volume Omnibus set of Superior Spider-Man. Let me explain.

I recently finished reading the three Superior Spider-Man OHCs along with various single issues from Avenging Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man Team-Up as well as the Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus. From Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 onwards, one could easily rename the Avenging Spider-Man run as “Otto Octavius, The Superior Spider-Man”. Yes, I agree that the Superior Spider-Man issues and OHCs are pretty fine read on their own, but the Avenging issues give so much more to the overall Superior story. The same goes for SSM Team-Up, in particular issues #9-12 (#9 and #10 feature Daredevil and The Punisher in major roles) which are quite an integral part of the mini-Spidey event: “Goblin Nation”. There is Kaine’s first encounter with SpOck in the pages of SSMTU and “Scarlet Spider” and also the 3 issue specials which make up the “Arms of the Octopus” storyline when SpOck encounters the All New X-Men and the Indestructible Hulk. From my calculations, there would be 63 issues as well as all the additional material from three Spidey runs such as the gazillion number of alternative covers. A few of the issues were also oversized. Below are the issues I would like to see in the two Omnibus set. I’ve noted the number of issues from each run in brackets.

Amazing Spider-Man #698-700 (3)
    Superior Spider-Man #1-31 (31)
    Superior Spider-Man #6AOU (1)
    Superior Spider-Man Annual #1-2 (2)
    Avenging Spider-Man #15.1-22 (8)
    Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1-12 (12)
    Scarlet Spider #20 (1)
    Inhumanity: Superior Spider-Man #1 (1)
    “The Arms of the Octopus”: SSM Special #1; ANXM Special #1; IH Special #1 (3)
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man #11 (1)

TOTAL: 63 issues

As an added bonus, Amazing Spider-Man #700.1-700.5 could also be added for good measure as these issues seem to be orphaned not appearing in any collected edition I know of. That would give 68 issues, not too shabby indeed. IMHO, it would be very cool for Spidey completionists to have Marvel put all these issues together in two Omnibuses. Any thoughts?
    It depends on how they are grouped. I would prefer to have one omnibus with just the Superior Spider-Man main title (ASM 698-700, SSM 1-31, SSM Annual 1-2) and then a companion volume with everything else. I'm sure many posters would prefer to have all the issues in chronological order rather than segregated by title. And I'm sure Marvel would rather have Superior Spider-Man Volumes 1 and 2 instead of Superior Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man companion.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

I like the idea of including all the other issues, I really enjoyed Avenging Spider-Man and SSM Team-up. However I'd also like it if all those issues were included in a companion since I already have the three OHCs and dont want to have to sell them.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

New stuff in a new, partially released Hachette:

Miles Morales Omnibus
    Runaways by Vaughn Omnibus
    Antman vol 3 MMW
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    New stuff in a new, partially released Hachette:

Miles Morales Omnibus
    Runaways by Vaughn Omnibus
    Antman vol 3 MMW
    Good news regarding the Miles Morales Omnibus. Will fit in nicely on the shelf next to the 2 USM Omnibuses and remaining OHCs. They're probably releasing it in line with Bendis' departure from Marvel. I hope we get a Bendis Defenders OHC also.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Good news regarding the Miles Morales Omnibus. Will fit in nicely on the shelf next to the 2 USM Omnibuses and remaining OHCs. They're probably releasing it in line with Bendis' departure from Marvel. I hope we get a Bendis Defenders OHC also.
    I wonder if we ever gonna see a second New Avengers omnibus (and a Heroic age Avengers omnibus), now that Bendis is leaving.

No Black Panther, New Mutants, Infinity War or Cable & X-force Omnibus ?

I guess with the TPBs planned maybe they'll never happen or will happen if the movies are really successful but I thought at least a Infinity War omnibus would be a no-brainer. Not a fan of the Infinity box with Gauntlet, War & Crusade. Limited edition and Way too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    I wonder if we ever gonna see a second New Avengers omnibus (and a Heroic age Avengers omnibus), now that Bendis is leaving.
    I fear we'll never see a New Avengers Vol. 2 Omnibus unless they squeeze in a few Deadpool appearances and call it Deadpool & The New Avengers Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    No Black Panther, New Mutants, Infinity War or Cable & X-force Omnibus ?

I guess with the TPBs planned maybe they'll never happen or will happen if the movies are really successful but I thought at least a Infinity War omnibus would be a no-brainer. Not a fan of the Infinity box with Gauntlet, War & Crusade. Limited edition and Way too expensive.
    I reckon we'll get a Black Panther Omnibus in line with a second Black Panther movie. The same with the 4th Avengers movie and an Infinity War Omni and likewise with an Omni alongside a second New Mutants movie.