Page 718 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2186186687087147157167177187197207217227287688181218 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 20773

Nice to see a Runaways omnibus coming. Anyone know when the new hachette catalog comes out in full?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

What with the high discounts on certain Omnis at IST, I'm very tempted to pick up the Chris Claremont Omnibus at 70% discount even though I was set against having it (I have the Captain Britain and Man-Thing issues already in oversized format).

What with the rolling 2% discount, it will cost me $35 (excl. shipping). Did anyone pick it up and would in any way recommend it?

it looks like the whole Ultimate Spider-Man run will be included in the Omnibus:

COLLECTING: ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN 1-28, 16.1; SPIDER-MEN 1-5; CATACLYSM: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN 1-3; ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN 200; MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN 1-12; MATERIAL FROM ULTIMATE FALLOUT 4

about the ruanways omnibus, I dont know the material (RUNAWAYS (2003) 1-18, RUNAWAYS (2005) 1-24, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2006)
    is it any good?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

It's the existing 3 OHC by Vaughn rebound as an omni.

The Whedon arc that ended Volume 2 remains orphaned in oversize format.

The Vaughn run is the best of all the Runaways stuff, but I found most of it telegraphed and as I've got older and moved more and more away from the age range it was aimed at (it was originally launched as part of Marvel's specifically teen targeted lined), I find it harder and harder to read without finding it so 'teeny' - and I say that as someone who loves teen staring books.

I recommend reading the first series at least, but the rest.....ehhhhhh
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    it looks like the whole Ultimate Spider-Man run will be included in the Omnibus:

COLLECTING: ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN 1-28, 16.1; SPIDER-MEN 1-5; CATACLYSM: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN 1-3; ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN 200; MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN 1-12; MATERIAL FROM ULTIMATE FALLOUT 4
    No Spider-Men II? Or that will probably be separately released with the current Morales 616 "Spider-Man" run.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    No Spider-Men II? Or that will probably be separately released with the current Morales 616 "Spider-Man" run.
    Exactly, this Omni is collecting only the Ultimate stuff

Been reading the Jurgens/JRJR Thor omnibus, and am really enjoying myself. My friend talked about it to me years ago about how he really liked it and I had read a couple issues here and there, but now to sit and have the first half in one chunk is great. I hope we get the second volume relatively soon

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Been reading the Jurgens/JRJR Thor omnibus, and am really enjoying myself. My friend talked about it to me years ago about how he really liked it and I had read a couple issues here and there, but now to sit and have the first half in one chunk is great. I hope we get the second volume relatively soon
    I couldn't stand Jurgens' Thor run. His story always ended with him whipping out a Deus Ex Machina to help Thor win a battle. Plus, he completely powered down Mangog.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I couldn't stand Jurgens' Thor run. His story always ended with him whipping out a Deus Ex Machina to help Thor win a battle. Plus, he completely powered down Mangog.
    I've not read that much Thor to be honest. I've read Simonson's, JMS's, Gillen's, a little of Fraction's and a little of Aaron's, and a couple spin offs here and there, so I'm not super familiar with the series as a whole. But am enjoying this one so far
    Last edited by ER Prest; 11-18-2017 at 06:05 PM.

I've not read that much Thor to be honest. I've read Simonson's, JMS's, Gillen's, a little of Fraction's and a little of Aaron's, and a couple spin offs here and there, so I'm not super familiar with the series as a whole. But am enjoying this one so far
    I enjoyed it as well. Oeming took over near the end (after Jurgens) and did a really great job wrapping up the series. I hope We get a second collection.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I enjoyed it as well. Oeming took over near the end (after Jurgens) and did a really great job wrapping up the series. I hope We get a second collection.
    Isn't that in the Avengers: Disassembled ohc? It was pretty good

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    New stuff in a new, partially released Hachette:

Miles Morales Omnibus
    Runaways by Vaughn Omnibus
    Antman vol 3 MMW
    Do you have a link?

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Here's a link:

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/se...oup_by_isbn=on

Isn't that in the Avengers: Disassembled ohc? It was pretty good
    There is a disassembled book that collects Thor, Iron Man and Captain America issues but is it an OHC? I actually had to look this up on CGN. I wasn’t aware of it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There is a disassembled book that collects Thor, Iron Man and Captain America issues but is it an OHC? I actually had to look this up on CGN. I wasn’t aware of it.
    It is indeed oversized; I actually just bought a copy yesterday.