Page 72 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576821221725721072 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I really enjoyed JMS run.
    Agree it was a good run with great art however I feel you should mention needing the Kerion Gillen complete Thor trade as well since JMS did his all too often leave in the middle of a story bullshit only this time he didn't return years later to finish it up since it was Thor and Marvel had to carry on without him.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    I just finished reading my OHCs of Thor God of Thunder.

Wow I loved it. It was the first true Thor series I ever read. I even liked the environmental stuff near the end. The whole thing just blew me away.

Is there any other recommended thor stuff? Art is of course key but I really liked the story telling and world building that Aaron did. Or did I already read the best Thor run of all time and I should just quit while I am ahead?
    For classic Thor check out Simonson's awesome run. For some Thor in the vein of Aaron check out Thor Disassembled (#80-85) and the JMS/Gillen run. Also check out the Loki mini with Ribic art.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

I always thought the Simonson run was known for its amazing art, I didnt know the story was also well regarded.

I will look for it, I guess omnibus isnt an option due to the price.

Thanks to all the other suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    -Walt Simonson's Thor run
    -Thor Disassembled #80-85
    -Thor (2007)
    -Mighty Thor (2011)
    These issues of Thor are rarely talked about and imo is one of the best Thor story arcs ever. Beautiful art and the best thing to come out with a Disassembled banner.

Is "Thor Disassembled" the Ragnarok story, and the JMS run Thor's return?

I recently listened to the Loki episode of "Journey into Misery", which started with Thor's return after Ragnarok. I want to start reading it, but I wanted to make sure I was buying the right thing.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Is "Thor Disassembled" the Ragnarok story, and the JMS run Thor's return?

I recently listened to the Loki episode of "Journey into Misery", which started with Thor's return after Ragnarok. I want to start reading it, but I wanted to make sure I was buying the right thing.
    Yes and yes. Both are great reads as well. Gillen Journey into Mystery is recommended as well.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Agree it was a good run with great art however I feel you should mention needing the Kerion Gillen complete Thor trade as well since JMS did his all too often leave in the middle of a story bullshit only this time he didn't return years later to finish it up since it was Thor and Marvel had to carry on without him.
    I won't read anything by him anymore because of this. Tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I won't read anything by him anymore because of this. Tired of it.
    While I can agree with his points at the end of the day his work suffered because of this, which is a shame.
    Did he do anything like that lately? Last thing i know if is Templesmith leaving Ten Grand, now that was a crying shame.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

since JMS did his all too often leave in the middle of a story bullshit
    Has JMS done this for other books? First I've ever heard of him doing this.

Spectacular Member

Default Omnibus stock

For anyone who is interested, stock for the following omnibuses seem to be running low. Get 'em while you can:

John Carter
    New X-men
    Squadron Supreme
    Ultimate Death of Spider-Man
    Uncanny X-Men Volume 2
    Avengers: The Crossing
    Deadpool Minibus
    West Coast Avengers Volume 1
    West Coast Avengers Volume 2
    Wolverine by Mark Millar
    Wolverine and the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Has JMS done this for other books? First I've ever heard of him doing this.
    He did it on Rising Stars but came back much later. I seem to remember Midnight Nation but may be wrong on that the Twelve then came back much later Superman and Wonder Woman Thor never returned, I'm sure their were more I'm forgetting, but I still read his stuff. I just wait for it to finish first, and never assume he will really commit until it's all done. Then I trust him

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtleDog View Post
    For anyone who is interested, stock for the following omnibuses seem to be running low. Get 'em while you can:

John Carter
    New X-men
    Squadron Supreme
    Ultimate Death of Spider-Man
    Uncanny X-Men Volume 2
    Avengers: The Crossing
    Deadpool Minibus
    West Coast Avengers Volume 1
    West Coast Avengers Volume 2
    Wolverine by Mark Millar
    Wolverine and the X-Men
    Where can I still find the Deadpool minibus?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Where can I still find the Deadpool minibus?
    At your local dollar bin or recycling bin.

Daredevil has been placed. I resist the urge to get statues, but this is one I had to have.

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

He did it on Rising Stars but came back much later. I seem to remember Midnight Nation but may be wrong on that the Twelve then came back much later Superman and Wonder Woman Thor never returned, I'm sure their were more I'm forgetting, but I still read his stuff. I just wait for it to finish first, and never assume he will really commit until it's all done. Then I trust him
    You are correct.The publication of Rising Stars was a mess. A great run ruined because it was such a complex story you'd have to keep re-reading it. Midnight Nation was a mess as well but not as bad.

He stopped in the middle of Thor and then at some point took over Superman, which sucked, and Wonder Woman, which I never read, only to quit after he was heavily promoted and advertised so he could "retire." His retirement lasted until he started doing the Earth One books.

I won't read another JMS title until their complete. In fact I won't even acknowledge them. He's another creator who doesn't give a **** about putting a book out on time.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    At your local dollar bin or recycling bin.
    no kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Daredevil has been placed. I resist the urge to get statues, but this is one I had to have.

My LCS has this my the checkout line. It's stunning.