Page 728 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2286286787187247257267277287297307317327387788281228 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 20754
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I was also hoping for a Doctor Strange Omnibus 2. Surprised Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme 2 is coming first. Maybe they are waiting for the next movie. Marvel seems light on older material omnibus' at the moment.
    I actually thought first that this new Doctor Strange Omnibus was the second volume of the first Doctor Strange series.Then i read better the new solicitations.
    Anyways is good to see at least one new Doctor Strange Omnibus but hopefully Doctor Strange Omnibus 2 will be added to the Marvel Omnibus collection soon.

Astonishing Member

A Secret Wars Omnibus would be in my wishlist.
    Is one of those mega story arc that i would like to see collected in the Omnibus format.

Looking at the new catalogue I'm getting are
    Punisher Max Vol 2
    Avengers by Hickman vol 2
    Runaways by BKV omni
    Miles Morales omni
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Most of Aaron Thor was collected in Premier Hardcovers too.

Original collections:

Thor: God of Thunder
    vol. 1: The God Butcher
    vol. 2: The Godbomb
    vol. 3: The Accursed
    vol. 4: The Last Days of Midgard

Original Sin: Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm (goes before the last issue of The Last Days of Midgard, not sure how relevant to the rest of the run it is)

Thor
    vol. 1: The Goddess of Thunder
    vol. 2: Who Holds the Hammer?

Thors (Secret Wars)

The Mighty Thor:
    vol. 1: Thunder in Her Veins
    vol. 2: Lords of Midgard
    vol. 3: The Asgard/Shi'ar War
    vol. 4: The War Thor

The Unworthy Thor (goes parallel to The Asgard/Shi'ar War I think)

The only ones not in PHCs are The Tenth Realm, Thors and The Unworthy Thor.

OHCs:

Thor: God of Thunder
    vol. 1 (The God Butcher + The Godbomb)
    vol. 2 (The Accursed + The Last Days of Midgard)

Thor by Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman
    vol. 1 (The Goddess of Thunder + Who Holds the Hammer?)
    vol. 2 (Thunder in Her Veins + Lords of Midgard)
    Thanks so much for the list I got the OHC of Thor: God of Thunder and I was really impressed. I hadn't read Jason Aaron before so I didn't know what to expect. I can't find Thor God of Thunder Vol. 2 on IST.

I will keep looking!

I appreciate all the recs. for Journey Into Mystery. There is too much good stuff now. Is Young Avengers included in the Loki Omnibus?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Thanks so much for the list I got the OHC of Thor: God of Thunder and I was really impressed. I hadn't read Jason Aaron before so I didn't know what to expect. I can't find Thor God of Thunder Vol. 2 on IST.

I will keep looking!

I appreciate all the recs. for Journey Into Mystery. There is too much good stuff now. Is Young Avengers included in the Loki Omnibus?
    No, Young Avengers is a separate omnibus

How's the Waid/Garney Capt. America run/Omnibus? I think that's the only run I'm not too familiar with - that's the run of Cap right in between Gruenwald and Brubaker, right?

Is there any word on X-Men Epic covering the last portion of the original X-Men series?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    How's the Waid/Garney Capt. America run/Omnibus? I think that's the only run I'm not too familiar with - that's the run of Cap right in between Gruenwald and Brubaker, right?
    Waid started right after Grunwald. There was a year gap in his run for Heroes Retun. After Waid left, it was a few years of other writers before Brubaker started.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Waid started right after Grunwald. There was a year gap in his run for Heroes Retun. After Waid left, it was a few years of other writers before Brubaker started.
    Yes. In fact there was a cool run by Paul Jenkins and John Cassady

Extraordinary Member

I noticed that both the Waid/Garney Cap omnibus and the Classic X-Men omnibus have introductions by Ralph Macchio (the Marvel editor, not the Karate Kid). He's been doing a lot of introductions lately and I generally like it. He was at Marvel so long that even for the ones he didn't edit, he has some valuable things to say or anecdotes to share.

The one quibble I have with his introductions is that even by the standards of collected-edition introductions he tends to act like absolutely everything is great, even when it clearly isn't - for example, in the Celestial Madonna Saga TPB he praises Avengers: Celestial Quest as being on the same level as the original saga, which it obviously is not.

Though this indiscriminate praise does kind of fit with Macchio's career, since he edited some of the very best Marvel runs of all time and some of the very worst. Anyway I hope they keep having him write these things.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes. In fact there was a cool run by Paul Jenkins and John Cassady
    John Ney Rieber and John Cassaday, actually. Rieber did start a second arc with Trevor Hairsine as the artist, but then he had some creative differences with Joe Quesada, who hired Chuck Austen to rewrite most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    John Ney Rieber and John Cassaday, actually. Rieber did start a second arc with Trevor Hairsine as the artist, but then he had some creative differences with Joe Quesada, who hired Chuck Austen to rewrite most of it.
    Yes, you're correct. Not sure where I got Paul Jenkins from. I think he wrote some CA but not that run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, you're correct. Not sure where I got Paul Jenkins from. I think he wrote some CA but not that run.
    Paul Jenkins wrote some Captain America one shots in in the late 00s. Considering the writer turnover on the Marvel Knights volume, it's pretty easy for his name to slip in there.

Extraordinary Member

Just a couple of notes about the Mark Waid Cap omnibus:

- They found room for both versions of issue # 14, which Waid took his name off after the editors rewrote it. In the main body of the book we get the published version and Waid's original is included as a supplement at the end of the book. I think this placement choice is right.

- The "Sentinel of Liberty" maxiseries is placed after the end of Waid's run on the main book, which again I think is right. (Putting Avengers Forever in the middle of the Busiek Avengers omnibus kind of messed up the flow, and I would have preferred to see it at the end with a note explaining where it fits in continuity.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is there any word on X-Men Epic covering the last portion of the original X-Men series?
    There should be two, right? The next iteration of X-Men (Giant-Size and beyond) starts at Epic volume 5. So there’s still two Epics to fill, and there’s only 21 issues left (46-66), so they must be planning to include a bunch of extras (I’d imagine the entirety of the X-Men Masterworks 7-8 and maybe more).