Page 734 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2346346847247307317327337347357367377387447848341234 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 20762
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Well, the March solicitations are out, so you know what's coming - the HCs:

DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by ROY THOMAS, JEAN-MARC LOFFICIER, LEN KAMINSKI, GEOF ISHERWOOD, GERRY CONWAY, RON MARZ, GREGORY WRIGHT, PETER DAVID & MORE
    Penciled by GEOF ISHERWOOD, FRANK LOPEZ, M.C. WYMAN, MICHAEL BAIR, KEVIN WEST, RON WAGNER, ANDRE COATES, TOM GRINDBERG, KEVIN MAGUIRE, JAMES FRY, TOM MORGAN & MORE
    Cover by GEOF ISHERWOOD
    Doctor Strange is thrust into the Infinity War! The Doc allies with Galactus, assembles a group of mages to save the Earth and reunites the original Defenders. And when Strange defies the all-powerful Vishanti and is stripped of his power, he must revive his old non-team once again — with a twist! Who will join the ranks of Strange’s Secret Defenders? He’ll battle Nightmare, partner with Morbius, and lose and gain a disciple — but Dormammu is the one to really dread! Plus: Wolverine attacks, and Strange and Spidey share a dust-up in the Death Dimension!
    Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME #41-59 and ANNUAL #2-3; SPIDER-MAN/DOCTOR STRANGE: THE WAY TO DUSTY DEATH; SILVER SURFER (1987) #67; MORBIUS: THE LIVING VAMPIRE (1992) #9; SECRET DEFENDERS #1-11; and material from INCREDIBLE HULK ANNUAL #18, NAMOR THE SUB-MARINER ANNUAL #2 and SILVER SURFER ANNUAL #5.
    1,056 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00 • ISBN: 978-1-302-91178-2 • Trim size: oversized
    With this volume coming soon that leaves 31 issues left in this volumes run for completion. Leaving room to add in a few more issues. The volume two has 37 issues and volume one has 41 issues. I feel taking a third volume up to a nice round number of 40 issues makes for a manageable omni and keeps them uniform. Question is what 9 issues might be added in from that time frame? There are bound to be several that work.

Although the next Doctor Strange Omni after this might be the Doctor Strange vol.2 that completes the Strange Tales adventures and adds in any relevant tie-ins from that period. I suspect that would be a much smaller Omni though. There are only 22 issues left in that run and the DS stories are only equivalent to about 11 full issues. What would flesh out this second volume?

Either next volume would complete a run(vol.1 or vol.3). Which would you like to see completed first? Due to his movie exposure the Collections Dept is sure to complete at least one if not both before starting the '74 series(vol.2) titled Doctor Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Cory Sedlmeier said in the interview that the plan is for second Doctor Strange Omnibus to have Strange Tales #147-168, Doctor Strange #169-183, Avengers #61, Sub-Mariner #22, Incredible Hulk #126 and Marvel Feature #1, and third to have Marvel Premiere #3-14 and the rest of Englehart run from second Doctor Strange series.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Cory Sedlmeier said in the interview that the plan is for second Doctor Strange Omnibus to have Strange Tales #147-168, Doctor Strange #169-183, Avengers #61, Sub-Mariner #22, Incredible Hulk #126 and Marvel Feature #1,

and third to have Marvel Premiere #3-14 and the rest of Englehart run from second Doctor Strange series.
    The second DS Omni finishing out the Strange Tales and then solo title through #183 + extra make sense to me. That wraps the DS Silver Age era nicely.

What you list as a "third" sounds like a volume 1 to the Engelhart run, starting with issue #1 from 1974(Bronze Age). You lose me when you say "rest of Englehart run" because he is only one of a few writers during the Marvel Premiere run. Engelhart did the first 17 issues of volume 2. So those 17 + 11 from Marvel Premiere is 29 issues. A fairly slim Omni but makes sense as long as the price is msrp $100 on that one. Still, that Bronze Age run will need probably 2 more Omnis to complete that run.

Still, I appreciate the update on what Cory Sedlmeier has said. So they will complete the Silver Age, start on volume 2 with Engelhart in the Bronze Age era then finish the DS:SS run(even though its not mentioned yet by Cory). Which I still think will get finished in the ensuing years.
    Doctor Strange could have all, if not key issues, since his creation in '63 through DS:SS in '96 collected in Omni form. That would be quite the achievement!
    Only the X-Men could say has been more collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Doctor Strange could have all, if not key issues, since his creation in '63 through DS:SS in '96 collected in Omni form. That would be quite the achievement!
    Only the X-Men could say has been more collected.

This is what I'm scratching my head over. Are these books selling? Didn't the two omnibus collection so far go into the bargain bin quickly? I'm surprised that a volume two has already been announced. Heck, the time between volume 1's publication and the announcement was probably quicker than that of the Hickman Avenger's collections. I'm not trying to crap on the good doctor but I just didn't think he sold all that well.

I think in fairness when you look at the Clearance Bin the last few years a number of "Big" title books could be found there. Which is why I think you see more people saying things like, "I'll skip it on release date and bide my chances at year end clearance time". Marvel is either over producing(still) or people are waiting longer to get books for any number of reasons including the aforementioned one. The Clearance Bin just doesn't seem to me to be the barometer it once was for what people want.

Regarding Doctor Strange though, if they get through what Cory has laid out he'll have 5 Omnis in the near future published. I calculate he'll need 3 more to have that nearly consecutiv run from '63 - '96 and see it as likely.

Silver Age
    Doctor Strange vol. 1 - published
    Doctor Strange vol. 2 - drawing board per Cory

Bronze Age
    Doctor Strange: Master of Mystic Arts vol.1 - drawing board per Cory(including Marvel Premiere)
    DS: MoMA vol. 2 - TBD
    DS: MoMA vol. 3 - TBD

Modern Age
    Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme vol. 1 - published
    Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme vol. 2 - solicited 2018
    Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme vol. 3 - TBD

Astonishing Member

Very interesting information about Doctor Strange collections.
    The Doctor Strange Omnibus by Steve Dikto is in my wish list,despite i having a few stories of that run reprinted in another TPB and the Doctor Strange Omnibus not having so many pages as say Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus for exemple.
    But even so i will buy the Doctor Strange Omnibus by Steve Dikto eventually,more because of the art by Steve Dikto.
    The Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omnibuses are in my wish list as well.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

With this volume coming soon that leaves 31 issues left in this volumes run for completion. Leaving room to add in a few more issues. The volume two has 37 issues and volume one has 41 issues. I feel taking a third volume up to a nice round number of 40 issues makes for a manageable omni and keeps them uniform. Question is what 9 issues might be added in from that time frame? There are bound to be several that work.

Although the next Doctor Strange Omni after this might be the Doctor Strange vol.2 that completes the Strange Tales adventures and adds in any relevant tie-ins from that period. I suspect that would be a much smaller Omni though. There are only 22 issues left in that run and the DS stories are only equivalent to about 11 full issues. What would flesh out this second volume?

Either next volume would complete a run(vol.1 or vol.3). Which would you like to see completed first? Due to his movie exposure the Collections Dept is sure to complete at least one if not both before starting the '74 series(vol.2) titled Doctor Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts.
    For DS:SS omni vol. 3 they could easily tack on the issues that we just got reprinted in the Afterlife Epic Collection.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Very interesting information about Doctor Strange collections.
    The Doctor Strange Omnibus by Steve Dikto is in my wish list,despite i having a few stories of that run reprinted in another TPB and the Doctor Strange Omnibus not having so many pages as say Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus for exemple.
    But even so i will buy the Doctor Strange Omnibus by Steve Dikto eventually,more because of the art by Steve Dikto.
    The Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omnibuses are in my wish list as well.

I loved the Ditko Doctor Strange Omnibus and its a great size. I wish Ditko had written more.

what do you guys think ? Should i get it or wait for better price ?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

So it was just revealed that Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye series was cancelled, does that mean it has little chance of getting an omnibus? I've heard very good things about it and I thought it would go great with my Hawkeye by Matt Fraction omnibus.

I'm disappointed in that Clone Saga vol.2 number.
    We need at least a volume 3 to wrap that up and this makes me leery to get one now.
    Huh? Clone Saga vol. 2 does wrap it up as far as the Complete Clone Saga trades. If they were going to cover the Ben Reilly trades too it would take way more than one more volume.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    So it was just revealed that Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye series was cancelled, does that mean it has little chance of getting an omnibus? I've heard very good things about it and I thought it would go great with my Hawkeye by Matt Fraction omnibus.
    It wasn't a massive seller, hence it's cancellation and therefore it has very little chance of getting Omnibused plus the fact it's only 16 issues. For it to get an Omnibus, it would had to have been highly praised such as Superior Foes of Spidey or Ms. Marvel. It may get an OHC, but at best I reckon it'll get a Complete Collection TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    what do you guys think ? Should i get it or wait for better price ?
    Yes definitely buy it!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I loved the Ditko Doctor Strange Omnibus and its a great size. I wish Ditko had written more.
    Thats right.The Doctor Strange Omnibus is only 500 or so pages because there were no more stories by Steve Dikto of Doctor Strange.
    That Omnibus is one of the ones that i am looking forward the most to have,i have not read all the Dikto stories in that classic run of stories.

Fantastic Member

Besides Hawkeye #1-16, Kelly Thompson also wrote Hawkeyes Generations one-shot and co-written America/Kate team-up in America #5-6.