Page 741 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2416416917317377387397407417427437447457517918411241 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 20773
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It definitely does happen, sadly. Yeah, forgot about War Zone's omission. Though I was "meh" to it, the re-release of the Marvel Knights Omni should have added it. But I care much more about Platoon's inclusion, being more a fan of Ennis's Max Punisher.
    The problem with including War Zone in the reissued omnibus is that it would be seen as a double dipping move to people who bought the original printing. I would rather see a OHC with the misc uncollected Ennis Punisher stories instead of new printings including extra material.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The problem with including War Zone in the reissued omnibus is that it would be seen as a double dipping move to people who bought the original printing. I would rather see a OHC with the misc uncollected Ennis Punisher stories instead of new printings including extra material.
    I disagree myself. Such a separate hypothetical OHC would so far only consist of: War Zone 1-6 and Platoon 1-6, two arcs from two different Ennis incarnations of Punisher. Better to integrate them IMHO into the 3 omnis (1 M.Knights, 2 for Max). Fans I think prefer condensed and comprehensive, that's what many or most people want and expect from the Omnibus format. And some or many would kinda understand how timing issues kept these out of printings.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-09-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I see there’s a new Exiles series coming out, I hope it performs well enough to give us an Omnibus or two of the original series.
    It is one of the few complete runs of tpbs I own... but I would still buy the omnibus editions. Such a fun book.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtleDog View Post
    Upcoming Omnibus Releases

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-man Omnibus June-19-18
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga Omnibus August-14-18
    X-Men: Revolution Omnibus August-20-18
    I know X Men Revolution is bad... but ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtleDog View Post
    Legendary X-Men writer Chris Claremont returns - to usher in a mutant revolution! And his uncanny roster mixes returning favorites with fresh additions including Cable, Cecilia Reyes, Tessa and the new Thunderbird! But who will lead the revamped X-Men? Would you believe Gambit and Rogue?! Foes both old and new threaten - from the nefarious Neo and the Crimson Pirates, to Stryfe and the N'Garai! But whose side are Lady Deathstrike and Senator Kelly on? And when Rogue's powers are scrambled by a Skrull, will she ever be the same again? Meanwhile, Mystique's Brotherhood of Mutants has deadly plans - and their machinations could mean the very literal death of Xavier's dream!

COLLECTING: X-MEN (1991) 100-109, ANNUAL 2000; UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) 381-389; X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) 27-29; X-MEN: BLACK SUN 1-5; BISHOP: THE LAST X-MAN 15-16; CABLE (1993) 87
    So bad... but ...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    So bad... but ...
    I mean HOW bad are we talking. As a completionist there is no way around that Omnibus but still as I said earlier: Dream's End was not THAT bad plus we all know what followed, right? Austen era bad? And again: I think Claremont's X-Treme is the first X book in a long time that I just cannot read at all.

Spectacular Member

I'm surprised right now because Marvel knows fans want a complete Ennis Punisher omnis and Platoon is almost done and really could be included. Unless Ennis is secretly planning a Punisher return to create Vol 3, then I don't see how this makes sense at all (except to shadily bait double dip buyers down the road by re-releasing and adding Platoon).
    I am still hoping we get a Punisher MAX Companion Omnibus to collect all the non-Ennis/Aaron material. Dropping Platoon in with all the remaining material would make it far more appealing to complete the Ennis collection in omnibus format

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I borrowed the first few trades of it from a friend of mine and I was instantly hooked on it. I really enjoyed it more than I ever thought I would. I bought the first couple Ultimate Collections after that. If they did collect it, I think two Omnis would collect everything up to now?
    I LOVED EXILES!
    I figure there is 3-4 omnibus worth though. I would want to see it collected as:
    Exiles Omnibus vol.1&2 (Exiles #1-89, Annual #1, material from X-Men Unlimited #41 and (optional) Age of Apocalypse Handbook 2005)
    Excalibur / Exiles by Claremont Omnibus (Exiles #90-100, Exiles: Days of Then & Now, New Excalibur #1-24 and X-Men: Die by the Sword #1-5)
    New Exiles Omnibus (New Exiles #1-18, Annual #1, X-Men: Sword of the Braddocks and (optional) Exiles vol.2 #1-6

You could drop the 24 issues of New Excalibur and merge the last 2 into an "Exiles by Claremont" or "vol.3" Omnibus, but as both Exiles and New Excalibur come to a head in X-Men: By the Sword, it would be great to collect together under a loose Claremont banner (due to some non-Claremont issues mid-Excalibur run). 41 issues is a good Omnibus size too for Excalibur / Exiles!

PS. the new team looks great too (not sure about cutesy Wolvie though)
    Last edited by jm21; 01-09-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    right...they haven't sagged because they're comically narrow, and look ridiculous for any halfway decent sized collection.
    I don't know what numbers have to do with the perceived ridiculousness of it all, but I have almost 1000 hardcover volumes and happen to think they look great. As does Raro's monstrous Billy-based collection over at the Marvel Masterworks board. Talk about that nice wall-to-wall comic book store look grahamgg mentioned.

But you seem to have some bias against Ikea ("comically narrow"?), so no use in going off-topic any more.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    TL;DR Verson: Basically, if you are into Marvel events and plan to get Secret Empire, also get Standoff.

Standoff doesn't really read like one big crossover event, even though there is an explicit order to the issues. A lot of the tie-in issues are inessential tagalongs to the mains story in the event issues and Captain America.

Having finally caught up to present, I'll say that Standoff > Civil War II > Secret Empire certainly has a lot of thematic stuff running throughout that pays off well, probably better than any string of events since the lead-up to War of Kings.

While the two Cap series nominally act as connective tissue, so little happens in the Steve Rogers series after the first issue until the final issue prior to Secret Empire that you gain very little from reading it as a prelude. Plus, the Red Skull action in Uncanny Avengers only tangentially makes sense as connected to what's happening with him in Steve Rogers.
    Thanks! I do plan on reading SE and I have read CW II.

I'm surprised right now because Marvel knows fans want a complete Ennis Punisher omnis and Platoon is almost done and really could be included. Unless Ennis is secretly planning a Punisher return to create Vol 3, then I don't see how this makes sense at all (except to shadily bait double dip buyers down the road by re-releasing and adding Platoon).
    It definitely does happen, sadly. Yeah, forgot about War Zone's omission. Though I was "meh" to it, the re-release of the Marvel Knights Omni should have added it. But I care much more about Platoon's inclusion, being more a fan of Ennis's Max Punisher.
    Jbatman, yes, as you noted ... War Zone. That's why I said I wasn't surprised. Marvel easily could have added it into the reprint. Heck, they did that Squadron Supreme reprint with all sorts of additions. I'm currently reading Platoon in floppies. I'm enjoying it but not as much as Born but it would still be nice if they collected it.

Of course, I could go for a larger Ennis Fury OHC collection as well!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Of course, I could go for a larger Ennis Fury OHC collection as well!
    I would definitely be up for Ennis Fury Omnibus - I loved the OHC!

All-New Member

I haven't gotten around to reading them yet but isn't the dark phoenix saga already collected in one of the uncanny omnibus ???

Quote Originally Posted by ZGOD View Post
    I haven't gotten around to reading them yet but isn't the dark phoenix saga already collected in one of the uncanny omnibus ???
    Yes although I think it technically spans vol. 1 and 2. The storylines has been collected in a number of different types of collections as well.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've updated the post on the first page with these, thanks!
    Hey Balakin, could you please also update the Top Ten Omnibus Sales at the beginning of Canucked's second post on the first page? The current list is below:

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    3. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,693 (May 2017)
    4. Doctor Strange (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,602 (September 2016)
    5. Invincible Iron Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,447 (April 2008)
    6. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    7. Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)
    8. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308 (February 2016)
    9. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,251 (April 2014)
    10. Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,232 (June 2016)

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Balakin, could you please also update the Top Ten Omnibus Sales at the beginning of Canucked's second post on the first page? The current list is below:

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    3. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,693 (May 2017)
    4. Doctor Strange (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,602 (September 2016)
    5. Invincible Iron Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,447 (April 2008)
    6. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    7. Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)
    8. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308 (February 2016)
    9. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,251 (April 2014)
    10. Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,232 (June 2016)

Thanks in advance.
    done! thanks for the update!