Page 75 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879851251755751075 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 20773
    Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I only discovered Brubaker's Cap (And his work in general) thanks to these forums a few years ago (In time to get the omnis, thank god) and now he's one of my favourite authors, and that Cap run is one of the best Marvel runs I have ever read.

**Also Omnibus was kind enough to update his Availability list on the first page (reflected in the OP)! Thanks!
    I love me some Brubaker. I think his work with Sean Phillips is a master class and I WISHHHHH that they would do another Incognito story...that series does not get talked about enough.

Also, you guys should do yourselves a favor before reading the Cap run and read the Marvels Project with Bru and Epting. I think that coincides with the Cap run really well.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I landed one of my whales.Got Uncanny X-Force Omni off of Amazon via CheapGraphicNovels.com
    They had dropped the price to $238 an I had $41 in Amazon reward points.
    Yeah, I paid double MSRP on it but it's not likely to get lucky enough for a reprint so I bit on it. I've saved plenty on books over the years so the occasional whale hunt can happen.

Now to just plead my case to wife!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    There's a new printing of Captain America (Silver Age) Vol.1 up on Amazon.com priced at ......... $125!! Crazy times.
    Thats good to see it reprinted, even at the higher price you'll quite a bit less than after market. I wonder if the new printing will be out before volume 2?

The exchange rate between USD and CAD, and therefore the online discount Amazon.ca and Indigo give, is crap right now. I just saw the Wolverine: The Best There Is Complete Collection, and the online discount is less than $2. I might just pick it up from Chapters now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    There's a new printing of Captain America (Silver Age) Vol.1 up on Amazon.com priced at ......... $125!! Crazy times.
    Interesting as Captain America Volume 1 is another book that was not listed on the recent solicits as Amazon also lists the Uncanny X-men 2 Omnibus. Meanwhile the solicits had showed a new printing for The Amazing Spider-man 1 omnibus along with the Uncanny X-men 1 omnibus.

Plus Amazon seems to have put a lot of out of print omnibuses up to order and will ship them when they are in stock when clearly they have not been solicited for a reprint.

So not sure what to believe at this point and will hold off updating my OOP list for the moment. Makes sense for Uncanny volume 2 to help sales of volume 3 with volume 1 being reprinted. Also Captain America volume 1 to help sales of volume 2

Final note of ouch that silver age omnibuses have now hit the $125 mark. Or is this just a Civil War tax?
    Last edited by Omnibus; 12-07-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    Spider-Man by Todd McFarlane Omnibus

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Tod...n%3A7421490011

Is this any good guys?
    If you can stomach Todd's piss poor anatomy and the inconsistency of how the characters faces were drawn from panel-to-panel then what's not to like other than the mediocre storytelling?
    Last edited by DrGregatron; 12-07-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    If you can stomach Todd's piss poor anatomy and the inconsistency of how the characters faces were drawn from panel-to-panel then what's not to like other than the mediocre storytelling?
    There has to be something said for dynamic storytelling. McFarlane being one of the most popular artist of his Era certainly isn't just coincidence. Many of the artists from your beloved silver age weren't exactly masters of anatomy, kirby for instance. But to answer the posters original question the stories aren't very good. But I'll probably pick this up for nastalgia sake, considering it'll only be $37.5 week of release.

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Tod...n%3A7421490011

Is this any good guys?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I landed one of my whales.Got Uncanny X-Force Omni off of Amazon via CheapGraphicNovels.com
    They had dropped the price to $238 an I had $41 in Amazon reward points.
    Yeah, I paid double MSRP on it but it's not likely to get lucky enough for a reprint so I bit on it. I've saved plenty on books over the years so the occasional whale hunt can happen.

Now to just plead my case to wife!!
    A buddy of mine has all his boxes - whatever the heck is in them - delivered to work, so his wife doesn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    A buddy of mine has all his boxes - whatever the heck is in them - delivered to work, so his wife doesn't know.
    I do that on occasion. It does nothing to trick her, as my shelves magically grow and stacks of books begin to congregate next to the shelves.

On another note, I own all the Definitive Powers. I've only read the first two volumes, but I hate the binding. Do you think it's worth upgrading to the omnibus? Other than the binding is there anything else in the omni that aren't in the Definitive editions?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Piss poor anatomy? I don't what you're talking about. Everyone I know has a face that looks a blob of clay.

I liked McFarlane's work on PAD's Hulk.

Adjective-less Spider-Man, to me, is a waste of an omnibus slot. Poorly written material regardless of how you feel about the art. If anyone here buys it, more power to you. I'll be surprised if that $75 price sticks, in spite of the existence of Young Avengers and Superior Foes as $75 books.

Is this any good guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    Adjective-less Spider-Man, to me, is a waste of an omnibus slot. Poorly written material regardless of how you feel about the art.
    I'll agree with CP1234 here, adding that in my humble opinion, it didn't even deserve to be collected in Premiere Classics either. The storytelling is awful and I didn't find the art that good to begin with. I understand and appreciate McFarlane's contributions to the character, but even in the Michelinie omnibus, you can find glaring perspective and anatomy issues that are even more offensive to the eye when they're oversized.

Again, just my opinion, not dissing McFarlane fans whatsoever. Hell, I like to page through my Spawn floppies once in awhile for nostalgia's sake, but wouldn't pay for an Adjective-less Spider-Man omni, ever.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    I liked McFarlane's work on PAD's Hulk.

Adjective-less Spider-Man, to me, is a waste of an omnibus slot. Poorly written material regardless of how you feel about the art. If anyone here buys it, more power to you. I'll be surprised if that $75 price sticks, in spite of the existence of Young Avengers and Superior Foes as $75 books.
    While I agree with the existence and pricing of Adjective-less Spider-Man omnibus, aren't Young Avengers and Superior Foes are $50 books?

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonix View Post
    While I agree with the existence and pricing of Adjective-less Spider-Man omnibus, aren't Young Avengers and Superior Foes are $50 books?
    My mistake, I think my brain just rejects the idea of Marvel being fair with their pricing. Thanks for the correction.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Interesting as Captain America Volume 1 is another book that was not listed on the recent solicits as Amazon also lists the Uncanny X-men 2 Omnibus. Meanwhile the solicits had showed a new printing for The Amazing Spider-man 1 omnibus along with the Uncanny X-men 1 omnibus.

Plus Amazon seems to have put a lot of out of print omnibuses up to order and will ship them when they are in stock when clearly they have not been solicited for a reprint.

So not sure what to believe at this point and will hold off updating my OOP list for the moment. Makes sense for Uncanny volume 2 to help sales of volume 3 with volume 1 being reprinted. Also Captain America volume 1 to help sales of volume 2

Final note of ouch that silver age omnibuses have now hit the $125 mark. Or is this just a Civil War tax?
    Yeah, I'm not trusting Amazon until I see it in a solicit. According to Amazon UK, Inferno is due a reprint any day now and they are getting ready to pack it.....

I think their system just assumes reprints some times, or just makes mistakes based on other titles with very similar names/formats.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God