Page 76 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980861261765761076 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 20773
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    The exchange rate between USD and CAD, and therefore the online discount Amazon.ca and Indigo give, is crap right now. I just saw the Wolverine: The Best There Is Complete Collection, and the online discount is less than $2. I might just pick it up from Chapters now.
    Ugh, no kidding. I haven't bought an OHC or omnibus since the beginning of summer. $125 for a standard new release omnibus is ridiculous. That's what I paid for some of my oop omnibuses on Craigslist a year ago.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    Ugh, no kidding. I haven't bought an OHC or omnibus since the beginning of summer. $125 for a standard new release omnibus is ridiculous. That's what I paid for some of my oop omnibuses on Craigslist a year ago.
    The latest Guardians Omnibus was my first omnibus where they outpriced themeselves for me. The cheapest price (including p&p, tax whatever) was 106,- Euros for me. Two years ago, 65,- was the norm, last year we reached the 85,- Euros. All with thin paper gate and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    "ChristmasFnatic

Spider-Man by Todd McFarlane Omnibus

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Tod...n%3A7421490011

Is this any good guys?"

I don't think anyone has ever drawn a better Spider-Man than Todd McFarlane. His normal people are not as good, but then the great Steve Ditko drew some ugly in his run. I enjoyed the story, Lots of Classic Villains and action and the the Peter MJ stuff worked for me. It's the birth of Venom right from the start. I'd rate it 3.5 out of 5.

Edit: I thought you meant the old one should have clicked the link. I wouldn't buy the Spider-Man one Todd is a terrible writer. This should have been a complete collection for a lot less money.
    It's been awhile since I've read this Spider Man run, but I really enjoyed the ASM by Mcfarlane omnibus. Loved the art and story. Didn't realize Mcfarlane art got so much hate around here. I would say if you are a fan of either Spider Man or Mcfarlane, you will enjoy this omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    It's been awhile since I've read this Spider Man run, but I really enjoyed the ASM by Mcfarlane omnibus. Loved the art and story. Didn't realize Mcfarlane art got so much hate around here. I would say if you are a fan of either Spider Man or Mcfarlane, you will enjoy this omnibus.
    It's all pretty much modern day retrospective hate. When Todd was doing Spidey back in the day the #s spoke for themselves. Every issue sold out, they did multiple covers and it was the biggest thing around. His Spider-Man images were everywhere: posters, comics, calendars, pins, magazines, you name it. I guess it cool to hate on it now looking back thru a modern-storytelling lens, but I still love those books. I have the ASM Omni and am looking forward to picking this one up as a companion volume!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I landed one of my whales.Got Uncanny X-Force Omni off of Amazon via CheapGraphicNovels.com
    They had dropped the price to $238 an I had $41 in Amazon reward points.
    Yeah, I paid double MSRP on it but it's not likely to get lucky enough for a reprint so I bit on it. I've saved plenty on books over the years so the occasional whale hunt can happen.

Now to just plead my case to wife!!
    A buddy of mine has all his boxes - whatever the heck is in them - delivered to work, so his wife doesn't know.
    My wife and I work for the same company. Different buildings but mutual people know us both places. That's not going to work.
    Plus, she'll see it on the credit card eventually.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ladies and Gentlemen: it's out!

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=3780380

Edit: with link to the PDF: http://images.abovethetreeline.com/e...0(reduced).pdf

Gotta love new Hachette catalogue day!
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 12-08-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    It's all pretty much modern day retrospective hate. When Todd was doing Spidey back in the day the #s spoke for themselves. Every issue sold out, they did multiple covers and it was the biggest thing around. His Spider-Man images were everywhere: posters, comics, calendars, pins, magazines, you name it. I guess it cool to hate on it now looking back thru a modern-storytelling lens, but I still love those books. I have the ASM Omni and am looking forward to picking this one up as a companion volume!
    The problem isn't the art (I'd give the art 4 out of 5 stars seriously the best actual Spider-Man ever) The problem is they let him write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The problem isn't the art (I'd give the art 4 out of 5 stars seriously the best actual Spider-Man ever) The problem is they let him write it.
    Exactly! I actually like most of his art, even the deranged, droopy faces. That's his style, whatever. But, he can't write worth a ****.

Ladies and Gentlemen: it's out!

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=3780380

Edit: with link to the PDF: http://images.abovethetreeline.com/e...0(reduced).pdf

Gotta love new Hachette catalogue day!
    I didnt see the x men omnibus reprint. Is it still comming?

All-New Member

It's on there, Page 42.

I dont see it. I see the reprint for vol 2 and a paper back non omnibus called uncanny x men vol 1. So is the actual uncanny x men vol 1 omnibus still comming? I really hope so, hope they actually fallow through.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I dont see it. I see the reprint for vol 2 and a paper back non omnibus called uncanny x men vol 1. So is the actual uncanny x men vol 1 omnibus still comming? I really hope so, hope they actually fallow through.
    Page 42 of the catalogue (which translates to page 44 of the PDF file). It's right there.

Spectacular Member

Page 42 of the catalogue (which translates to page 44 of the PDF file). It's right there.
    Yep, sandwiched between the Amazing Spider-Man Volume 1 and Captain America Volume 1 reprints.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I dont see volume 2 being solicited for a reprint.....did I miss it?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I found it guys, thanks!!