Page 761 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 2616617117517577587597607617627637647657718118611261 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 20742

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Sorry, but Legion, Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones and now Runnaways have all had Omnibus material or reprints done roughly in line with the TV show airing.

And those movie exceptions are growing, adding to your examples; Logan, X-Men: Apocalypse and New Mutants all missed out on Omnibuses (although NM has a chance to be corrected now)
    I have to disagree. No omni's for Luke Cage, Iron Fist (would have been a perfect time for an Immortal Iron Fist reprint), Defenders, Jessica Jones (the 2nd printing for Alias came out over a year before the show debuted), Shield, or Inhumans. So you cant expect an omni for a tv show. Also Xmen Apocalypse film had a coinciding omni in UXM vol 3. Since Marvel has been releasing omni's there has been about 30 movies and only 3 or 4 that have no corresponding omni's printed. The New Mutants movie looks like crap but what is Marvel waiting for. Sienkiewicz art would look great in omnibus form. Also not sure what happened with the Logan movie not getting an Omni. The original Wolverine omni hasn't been reprinted yet and I'd love to have that. I guess they figured an epic collection and the OHC Wolverine Origin complete was good enough. Also I said GOTG didnt get an omni but Annihilation omni was for the GOTG movie with Drax, Nova Corps, Ronan and Star Lord.
    Last edited by smc123; 02-18-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    I have to disagree. No omni's for Luke Cage, Iron Fist (would have been a perfect time for an Immortal Iron Fist reprint), Defenders, Jessica Jones (the 2nd printing for Alias came out over a year before the show debuted), Shield, or Inhumans. So you cant expect an omni for a tv show. Also Xmen Apocalypse film had a coinciding omni in UXM vol 3. Since Marvel has been releasing omni's there has been about 30 movies and only 3 or 4 that have no corresponding omni's printed. The New Mutants movie looks like crap but what is Marvel waiting for. Sienkiewicz art would look great in omnibus form. Also not sure what happened with the Logan movie not getting an Omni. The original Wolverine omni hasn't been reprinted yet and I'd love to have that. I guess they figured an epic collection and the OHC Wolverine Origin complete was good enough. Also I said GOTG didnt get an omni but Annihilation omni was for the GOTG movie with Drax, Nova Corps, Ronan and Star Lord.
    SHIELD got an omnibus in 2015 ... I always assumed that was because of the TV show?

Marvel's Omnibus releases are always so sketchy to figure out. I think it's fun to look at the crazy out-of-left-field omnibus books we've gotten over the years and wonder what the next upcoming oddball will be. The first I remember being a real what were they thinking announcement was Secret Wars II. Of course that was a partial tie-in to the toy line that was out around that time (at least I think it was anyways...). Over the years we've had many strange ones, not all in a bad way. MOKFU was out of left field, as was Tomb of Dracula when it came out.

At the top of the weird list we have Muppet Babies and the Muppets Omnibus books, the Ultimate Marvel Omnibus (which repackaged the first few arcs of each series), Marvel 1990s, and Marvel 75th anniversary which was kind of cool if you think of it as a greatest hits book. Even GOTG Classic Solo Omnibus was strange material to put in one book. No way in heck would I have picked it up at cover price, or ever thought all that scattered earlier material would have been collected. AT clearance prices around $30 bucks, it was a good deal. And let us never forget the Ewoks/Droids Star Comics Omnibus, granted DH released that as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Would I enjoy Busiek's Iron man if I didn't like his Avengers? Like I couldn't even finish the first omnibus. But I love the Michelinie-Layton and O'neill Iron man runs.
    It depends on what you didn't like about his Avengers run. I personally like Busiek's Avengers over his Iron Man.

The Iron Man run has a smaller cast, with Tony in the lead and Pepper Potts and Black Widow as the biggest supporting characters. The Sean Chen art is good. The omni includes the crossovers for the "Live Kree or Die" and "Eighth Day" story lines.

I believe Kurt stated on the boards that he was a little unsatisfied with his Iron Man run since he had to leave the title before he got to tell all the stories he wanted. He wasn't forced off the title but had a full workload when his illness hit and he had to cutback on his workload.

His run does feature much of the corporate espionage stories similar to the Michelinie and Goodwin runs.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    My bad on X-Men: Apocalypse, you are absolutely right!

I am well aware Cage and Iron Fist missed out - I never said every TV show got an Omni, just highlighting examples where they arguably did.

Fair point on Jessica Jones reprint, but I seem to remember the hype for the show was already building, so I still class it as a connected released.

I was looking forward to a X-horror NM, but I agree, Marvel need to get on with releasing that Omnibus!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    It depends on what you didn't like about his Avengers run. I personally like Busiek's Avengers over his Iron Man.

The Iron Man run has a smaller cast, with Tony in the lead and Pepper Potts and Black Widow as the biggest supporting characters. The Sean Chen art is good. The omni includes the crossovers for the "Live Kree or Die" and "Eighth Day" story lines.

I believe Kurt stated on the boards that he was a little unsatisfied with his Iron Man run since he had to leave the title before he got to tell all the stories he wanted. He wasn't forced off the title but had a full workload when his illness hit and he had to cutback on his workload.

His run does feature much of the corporate espionage stories similar to the Michelinie and Goodwin runs.
    I didn't like his Avengers run because it was full of superhero plots but not much character drama but the super hero plots just didn't hold my interest and I gave up in the middle of Avengers Forever. I think that was the point when I've realized I actually don't really like to read Avengers comics but I still highly enjoy even older superhero books like Iron man, Stern's Spidey, etc. I think I need a better balance between the action and the personal drama.

Astonishing Member

I didn't like his Avengers run because it was full of superhero plots but not much character drama but the super hero plots just didn't hold my interest and I gave up in the middle of Avengers Forever. I think that was the point when I've realized I actually don't really like to read Avengers comics but I still highly enjoy even older superhero books like Iron man, Stern's Spidey, etc. I think I need a better balance between the action and the personal drama.
    In that case, you would probably enjoy his Iron Man run more. There is a lot of personal drama with Tony Stark throughout the run.

In that case, you would probably enjoy his Iron Man run more. There is a lot of personal drama with Tony Stark throughout the run.
    sounds good, thanks! I will keep an eye on the prices and see if a good deal pops up.

I read both these runs about 10 years ago and enjoyed them both at the time. I re-read them each about a year ago and quite frankly couldn't finish the Avengers. There were some great moments, don't get me wrong, but I don't know. I just didn't get into it like I did previously. I think part of it was that it was very, very wordy and the other part . . . I can't stand Wonderman. Just never could get into the character.

Now . . . Iron Man. I still really, really enjoyed it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I can't stand Wonderman. Just never could get into the character.
    Honest question - Is that why some people write/type "Wonderman"? Because they don't like him, and the misspelling is some sort of dig?

It's Wonder Man. Always has been.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Honest question - Is that why some people write/type "Wonderman"? Because they don't like him, and the misspelling is some sort of dig?

It's Wonder Man. Always has been.
    I can only answer for myself but no the misspelling wasn’t a dig. Just a misspelling. Or as Freud said: Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Fair enough!

I'll keep asking around...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    SHIELD got an omnibus in 2015 ... I always assumed that was because of the TV show?

Marvel's Omnibus releases are always so sketchy to figure out. I think it's fun to look at the crazy out-of-left-field omnibus books we've gotten over the years and wonder what the next upcoming oddball will be. The first I remember being a real what were they thinking announcement was Secret Wars II. Of course that was a partial tie-in to the toy line that was out around that time (at least I think it was anyways...). Over the years we've had many strange ones, not all in a bad way. MOKFU was out of left field, as was Tomb of Dracula when it came out.

At the top of the weird list we have Muppet Babies and the Muppets Omnibus books, the Ultimate Marvel Omnibus (which repackaged the first few arcs of each series), Marvel 1990s, and Marvel 75th anniversary which was kind of cool if you think of it as a greatest hits book. Even GOTG Classic Solo Omnibus was strange material to put in one book. No way in heck would I have picked it up at cover price, or ever thought all that scattered earlier material would have been collected. AT clearance prices around $30 bucks, it was a good deal. And let us never forget the Ewoks/Droids Star Comics Omnibus, granted DH released that as well.
    I would definitely put Marvels Firsts the 90's, Marvel Now and Women of Marvel Omni's as the stupidest releases ever. Who would want a bunch of 1st issues collected together? Probably why at one point or another you could have had them for around $20 new.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Still no Peter Porker Omnibus...

Spectacular Member

I'd get the Spectacular Spider-ham. They prolly base a lot of this on stats and don't think it through... I mean issue ones always out sell everything else! Next thing they'll do the issue three guest appearances omnibus!!!

Thanks for all that info! There's so much I'll just keep an eye on the secondary while I stayed tuned on available releases.
    Last edited by koonfasa; 02-19-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I read both these runs about 10 years ago and enjoyed them both at the time. I re-read them each about a year ago and quite frankly couldn't finish the Avengers. There were some great moments, don't get me wrong, but I don't know. I just didn't get into it like I did previously. I think part of it was that it was very, very wordy and the other part . . . I can't stand Wonderman. Just never could get into the character.

Now . . . Iron Man. I still really, really enjoyed it.
    I've read the first chunky trade of his Avengers like 5 years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit (although not as much as I thought I would) but when I've reread it in the omnibus it just didn't click. Also I think the colouring made it look like a modern book but it was intended to be a silver/bronze age call back and it didn't really work for me.
    I have no problems with Wonder man tho I enjoyed him in WCA and that's probably my main exposure to him.