Page 766 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2666667167567627637647657667677687697707768168661266 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,490 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA VOL. 1 OHC Cover by KAMOME SHIRAHAMA:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MIGHTY THOR VOL. 5: THE DEATH OF THE MIGHTY THOR OHC Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN:
    I believe this is a standard-trim HC, not OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I believe this is a standard-trim HC, not OHC.
    You're right, it says standard. The $34.99 price tag and page count fooled me. All the "regular" OHCs are priced at $34.99. I've now corrected it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Is Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four vol.20 the first title to hit that mark? I feel it is.

Killraven is getting a Marvel Masterwork?!? I take it that is because it's by Romita? Not like it's a fan favorite character.
    We get Killraven but still no Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider or Moon Knight Masterwork? Come on now!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

finally and earth x omnibus I've been wanting one for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four vol.20 the first title to hit that mark? I feel it is.
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Killraven is getting a Marvel Masterwork?!? I take it that is because it's by Romita? Not like it's a fan favorite character.
    We get Killraven but still no Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider or Moon Knight Masterwork? Come on now!
    No, I believe it's more to do with the P. Craig Russell art. Also, it's a Masterwork that the members on the Marvel Masterworks Forum have been clamouring for for ages. They've finally got what they wanted. I doubt there are many on this thread that will be interested in it. I reckon we'll see a Ghost Rider Marvel Masterwork this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 20 HC Cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ:
    This fills the gap bewteen the Byrne Omnibus, right?
    I wish it was OHC.
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    This fills the gap bewteen the Byrne Omnibus, right?
    I wish it was OHC.
    Yeah it fills in the missing bits in Vol 1. I am really considering it for that reason. Plus I have been falling deeper into the MMW hole they really are top quality presentation. Right now I have been using them to get the lines I just don't think will wind up with Omnis at this point and if I start in on a major line like FF probably going to wind up going all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Yeah it fills in the missing bits in Vol 1. I am really considering it for that reason. Plus I have been falling deeper into the MMW hole they really are top quality presentation. Right now I have been using them to get the lines I just don't think will wind up with Omnis at this point and if I start in on a major line like FF probably going to wind up going all in.
    I've done the same with Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man and Marvel Team-Up. I very much doubt the latter will get an Omnibus, the former 50/50. I'm also considering this FF MMW as I have all the FF Omnibuses.

My first accumulated Marvel haul in 2018:

My first three white whales this year: Ultiumate Spider-Man OHCs Vol 4 & 5 and the Complete Frank Miller Spider-Man OHC. The USM OHCs had some slight damage so I got a considerable refund. In Europe, they are not going at such nice prices as in the US, so I'm pretty pleased as I got them for well under cover and the refund to boot. That now completes my USM OHC collection bookmarked by the two Omnibuses.

For those upset about Platoon not making it into the upcoming Punisher Max omnibus collections, I just finished issue # 6. At the end, Ennis - in a letter dated January 2018 - said he will be doing another Vietnam series that focuses on Frank’s second tour and he’s also in talks to do a contemporary story.

I say this because Platoon could be incorporated with the new stuff later on in a separate omnibus or OHC.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Was really happy to see Ennis’ note regarding more Punisher.

Daredevil Shadowland Omni... thoughts?

Art? Story?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by JOHN BYRNE, CHRIS CLAREMONT, MARV WOLFMAN, BILL MANTLO, STAN LEE & ROGER STERN
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, JACK KIRBY & RON WILSON
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    ON SALE AUGUST 2018
    It was the world’s greatest comic magazine – again! Not since the days of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby had a creator so perfectly captured the intense mood, cosmic style and classic sense of adventure of Marvel’s First Family. Fresh off an earth-shattering and reputation-making run as penciler on UNCANNY X-MEN, John Byrne proved his writing talent was every bit the equal of his art as he pulled double duty on FANTASTIC FOUR, launching Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny into realms of imagination and wonder into which few creators before had dared to travel. From the four corners of the globe to the farthest reaches of space to the deepest depths of the Negative Zone, the FF face off against foes old and new – including the Dr. Doom, Galactus and Annihilus! Plus: The FF aid the Inhumans, bid farewell to the Baxter Building, don new costumes and celebrate their 20th anniversary in style as Byrne reminds us all there’s a family at the heart of this team of adventurers!
    Collecting MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #61-62; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #50; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #215-218, #220-221, #232-262 and ANNUAL #17; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #42; AVENGERS (1963) #233; THING (1983) #2; and ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #4.
    1,096 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91328-1 • Trim size: oversized
    Did they change the contents from the 1st printing? FF #261-262 and Alpha Flight #4 were in Volume 2 not Volume 1. I know DC has had inaccurate descriptions of of some of their books' content, but I wasn't sure if Marvel ever had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Daredevil Shadowland Omni... thoughts?

Art? Story?
    The Shadowland and Daredevil issues are good but the min-series that tie in are for the most part awful.