Page 767 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2676677177577637647657667677687697707717778178671267 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,505 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Daredevil Shadowland Omni... thoughts?

Art? Story?
    I pretty much agree with Tom. The main story is good, a few of the tie-ins are ok and worth the read, a few are pointless and skippable as is the case with most all event tie-ins. Most of the art throughout is good, but the De La Torre and Cheecheto art in the main Daredevil issues is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    For those upset about Platoon not making it into the upcoming Punisher Max omnibus collections, I just finished issue # 6. At the end, Ennis - in a letter dated January 2018 - said he will be doing another Vietnam series that focuses on Frank’s second tour and he’s also in talks to do a contemporary story.

I say this because Platoon could be incorporated with the new stuff later on in a separate omnibus or OHC.
    Without spoilers, how was this? Live up to Ennis Punisher? I'll probably get the trade until a possible better version comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Without spoilers, how was this? Live up to Ennis Punisher? I'll probably get the trade until a possible better version comes around.
    Basicly its more like Ennis war comicbooks, rather than punisher. Btw i enjoyed Parlov art, but story was kind a ... needless? I think Garth said everything he could om MAX 60 issues.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Daredevil Shadowland Omni... thoughts?

Art? Story?
    I really enjoyed both the art and story of all the issues included. Sure, some of the tie-ins aren't really important or have any lasting consequence, but I still enjoyed reading through them.

Thanks for the input - normally, I'd pick it up, but I already have SIX DD omnis (2 Millers, 2 Bendis & 2 Brubakers), and adding a 7th feels like over-kill!

Mighty Member

Thanks for the input - normally, I'd pick it up, but I already have SIX DD omnis (2 Millers, 2 Bendis & 2 Brubakers), and adding a 7th feels like over-kill!
    But if you decide to pick up the Waid omnibii, you'll want the Shadowland bridge*

*I'm an instigator, encouraging others to spend their money

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Did they change the contents from the 1st printing? FF #261-262 and Alpha Flight #4 were in Volume 2 not Volume 1. I know DC has had inaccurate descriptions of of some of their books' content, but I wasn't sure if Marvel ever had that problem.
    You're right. Well spotted. After I read your post, I checked my copy. Also, in the original printing, there is no PPSSM #42 which has nothing to do with Byrne BUT is part 1 of a 2-parter which concludes in FF #218. This seems to be a good addition. However, in the original printing, FF #209-214 are included but omitted in the new printing which is quite strange.

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Basicly its more like Ennis war comicbooks, rather than punisher. Btw i enjoyed Parlov art, but story was kind a ... needless? I think Garth said everything he could om MAX 60 issues.
    I enjoyed the story but this is a fair analysis.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You're right. Well spotted. After I read your post, I checked my copy. Also, in the original printing, there is no PPSSM #42 which has nothing to do with Byrne BUT is part 1 of a 2-parter which concludes in FF #218. This seems to be a good addition. However, in the original printing, FF #209-214 are included but omitted in the new printing which is quite strange.
    The solicitation above is the original solicitation from 2011. But between solicitation and release, there were changes to the books contents, detailed by one of the editors here:
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...6916-s190.html

I would expect that the reissue would be the exact same contents as the original release, in which case the above solicitation is wrong. The reissue will include FF #209-214, drop PPSSM #42 and go up to FF #260.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm sensing you're a DD fan then, in some capacity, to have 6 Omnis. Did you not get Waid vol.1? Cause Waid vol.2 comes out next week. Shadowland bridges the gap. I can't imagine a DD fan not having as much consecutive material lined up to read.
    The Moon Knight and Ghost Rider fans inside me are jealous of my DD fan.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mwigg1 View Post
    The solicitation above is the original solicitation from 2011. But between solicitation and release, there were changes to the books contents, detailed by one of the editors here:
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...6916-s190.html

I would expect that the reissue would be the exact same contents as the original release, in which case the above solicitation is wrong. The reissue will include FF #209-214, drop PPSSM #42 and go up to FF #260.
    Thanks for the info.

You can never have too much good Daredevil. Don’t forget about the Waid run!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    You can never have too much good Daredevil. Don’t forget about the Waid run!
    This. It's all good. Now I hope we start getting omnis to fill between Miller and Bendis. I want it all!

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    This. It's all good. Now I hope we start getting omnis to fill between Miller and Bendis. I want it all!
    Oh man there was a lot of bad stuff between them but I could definitely go for the Denny O’Neil run between the two Millers. It’s always in my top five collection request lists that we do at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm sensing you're a DD fan then, in some capacity, to have 6 Omnis. Did you not get Waid vol.1? Cause Waid vol.2 comes out next week. Shadowland bridges the gap. I can't imagine a DD fan not having as much consecutive material lined up to read.
    The Moon Knight and Ghost Rider fans inside me are jealous of my DD fan.
    I'm not familiar with Waid's run at all. His omnis weren't even on my radar.