Page 769 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 2696697197597657667677687697707717727737798198691269 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 20743

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I missed this one earlier - another TPB:

Fantastic Four: The World's Greatest Comic Magazine - release date Sep 4, 2018
    By: Erik Larsen, Eric Stephenson, Kurt Busiek, Stan Lee, Keith Giffen, Jorge Lucas, Frank Fosco, Ron Frenz

What is this? Was this a limited series title or something, maybe around Heroes Reborn timeframe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Omg! It's that wonderful limited series done in 2001 in pure Kirby/Lee style! I've got only a few issues. According to my pal Iron Maiden it's a "work of love".
    Why buy it in TPB form when you can still get the hardcover? ;-)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Omg! It's that wonderful limited series done in 2001 in pure Kirby/Lee style! I've got only a few issues. According to my pal Iron Maiden it's a "work of love".

Look at all those wonderful covers! You'll get the vibe of the book! The titles of the issue will give you some clues about the story...

http://comicbookdb.com/title_covergallery.php?ID=4667
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yeah, IINM, the OHC has been going at clearance price for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, IINM, the OHC has been going at clearance price for some time now.
    Right, I forgot to mention it's oversized, too! And it's really cheap at the moment indeed.

Never really noticed it before but we've already gotten Omnibus editions of all the Heroes Return Marvel titles except FF:

Thor by Jurgens/JRjr
    Cap by Waid, Garney & Kubert
    Iron Man by Busiek
    Avengers by Busiek/Perez

Hopefully the FF will join them soon. Really dug the Heroes Return FF book by Lobdell & Davis back in the day, too bad they were only around for the first 3 relaunched issues. I stuck around with Claremont/Larocca for a while afterwards and it started okay but quickly became ... impenetrable. I remember not liking it about halfway thru the run and ended up dropping it off my monthly pull list because I felt like I never knew what was going on. I'd like to re-read it in large chunks to see if my opinion has changed over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Because I'm stupid enough to never have bought anything on line!

Silly me...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Incredible Member

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the Marvel Legacy Oversized Hardcover?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Never really noticed it before but we've already gotten Omnibus editions of all the Heroes Return Marvel titles except FF:

Thor by Jurgens/JRjr
    Iron Man by Busiek
    Avengers by Busiek/Perez

Hopefully the FF will join them soon. Really dug the Heroes Return FF book by Lobdell & Davis back in the day, too bad they were only around for the first 3 relaunched issues. I stuck around with Claremont/Larocca for a while afterwards and it started okay but quickly became ... impenetrable. I remember not liking it about halfway thru the run and ended up dropping it off my monthly pull list because I felt like I never knew what was going on. I'd like to re-read it in large chunks to see if my opinion has changed over the years.
    Well they just listed a new paperback for the FF Heroes Return so do not think that one will be getting an omnibus any time soon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

Thor by Jurgens/JRjr
    Iron Man by Busiek
    Avengers by Busiek/Perez

I think the FF Heroes Return just didn't connect with readers the way the other series did. A big part of that was Lobdell/Davis leaving so quickly. Was it ever explained why they left so soon?

Can anyone share their thoughts on the stories collected in the upcoming Deadpool Minibus? I like Kelly's run and the Duggan/Posehn run, don't care much for Bunn's writing though so I've passed on the previous 2 minibus collections.

Thanks!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Well they just listed a new paperback for the FF Heroes Return so do not think that one will be getting an omnibus any time soon
    The paperback that was recently solicited is actually for the Heroes Reborn series.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Can anyone share their thoughts on the stories collected in the upcoming Deadpool Minibus? I like Kelly's run and the Duggan/Posehn run, don't care much for Bunn's writing though so I've passed on the previous 2 minibus collections.

Thanks!
    As it is often the case with Deadpool you get a mixed bag: The Fear Itself Tie In was not rememberable at all and even for completists not desirable. The same goes for the collected Annuals, it was an alternate reality story which felt pretty flat. I remember that I did not like the very forced "funny" parts of the story.

That being said: I enjoyed Suicide Kings when it came out and have reread it. I liked the art (Barberi fits Deadpool's view of things I guess, weapons, female attributes) and the interaction with other characters felt not as forced as so many other attempts these days. It also had some great poolovision moments if I remember correctly.

Wade Wilsons War is also an alternate setting which works very well, I also liked the supporting cast. I guess that I do not really remember Pulp all too well, maybe a good reason to reread this one.

I will be picking it up, it is really crazy how many Deadpool Omnibi and OHCs are or were available.

Hatchette has specs on the FF books now.

HCs:
    Byrne omni vol 1 contents: MARVEL TEAMUP (1972) #61-62; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #50; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #215-218, #220-221, #232-262 and ANNUAL #17; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #42; AVENGERS (1963) #233; THING (1983) #2; and ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #4.
    Behold Galatcus super large OHC contents: FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #48-50, #74-77, #120-123 and #242-244.
    FF omni vol 1 reprint = 1-30, Annual 1

TPBs:
    FF Epic is vol 3, covers 33-51 and Annual 3
    Heroes Reborn is the entire run (1-12) as expected
    World's Greatest entry is a dupe of Hickman's, but one would expect the entire 12 issue run there, like the OHC
    The Human Torch & The Thing: Strange Tales - The Complete Collection is BOTH MMWs in one large TPB (YES!) - Strange Tales 101-134 & Annual 2
    The Thing & The Human Torch by Dan Slott - mashup of two books themed by characters and writer - SPIDERMAN/HUMAN TORCH 1-5, THE THING (2005) 1-8
    Hickman complete collection v1 = DARK REIGN: FANTASTIC FOUR 1-5, FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) 570-578
    Marvel Two-in-One Epic is volume 1 and is almost first two MMWs in one - MARVEL FEATURE (1971) #11-12, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #1-19 and MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #47

All good news, IMO
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    As it is often the case with Deadpool you get a mixed bag: The Fear Itself Tie In was not rememberable at all and even for completists not desirable. The same goes for the collected Annuals, it was an alternate reality story which felt pretty flat. I remember that I did not like the very forced "funny" parts of the story.

That being said: I enjoyed Suicide Kings when it came out and have reread it. I liked the art (Barberi fits Deadpool's view of things I guess, weapons, female attributes) and the interaction with other characters felt not as forced as so many other attempts these days. It also had some great poolovision moments if I remember correctly.

Wade Wilsons War is also an alternate setting which works very well, I also liked the supporting cast. I guess that I do not really remember Pulp all too well, maybe a good reason to reread this one.

I will be picking it up, it is really crazy how many Deadpool Omnibi and OHCs are or were available.
    Hmm, gotcha, thanks! Maybe I'll see if I can find some digital versions and sample them.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Hatchette has specs on the FF books now.

HCs:
    Byrne omni vol 1 contents: MARVEL TEAMUP (1972) #61-62; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #50; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #215-218, #220-221, #232-262 and ANNUAL #17; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #42; AVENGERS (1963) #233; THING (1983) #2; and ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #4.
    Behold Galatcus super large OHC contents: FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #48-50, #74-77, #120-123 and #242-244.
    FF omni vol 1 reprint = 1-30, Annual 1

TPBs:
    FF Epic is vol 3, covers 33-51 and Annual 3
    Heroes Reborn is the entire run (1-12) as expected
    World's Greatest entry is a dupe of Hickman's, but one would expect the entire 12 issue run there, like the OHC
    The Human Torch & The Thing: Strange Tales - The Complete Collection is BOTH MMWs in one large TPB (YES!) - Strange Tales 101-134 & Annual 2
    The Thing & The Human Torch by Dan Slott - mashup of two books themed by characters and writer - SPIDERMAN/HUMAN TORCH 1-5, THE THING (2005) 1-8
    Hickman complete collection v1 = DARK REIGN: FANTASTIC FOUR 1-5, FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) 570-578
    Marvel Two-in-One Epic is volume 1 and is almost first two MMWs in one - MARVEL FEATURE (1971) #11-12, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #1-19 and MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #47

All good news, IMO
    Is this a "Vol. 1" or a "Complete Collection"? I'd be ok if they continued collecting the Claremont/Larocca stuff...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Heroes Reborn was the Liefeld reboot stuff. You're thinking of Heroes Return. (Which is not great, even as a Claremont fan).
    Cyclops was right