Page 776 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2766767267667727737747757767777787797807868268761276 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,640 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I can relate though, I just finished the Vision OHC and I really don't see what all the hype was about.
    I imagine that compared to everything else Marvel was releasing at the time, Vision appeared as some type of masterwork. I can't say that I was impressed by the series either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I just started vol 3. Trying not to read through them too fast. Working on that and Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 1 amongst other things. I loved vol 2 and its one I will read again(the early Cat story and 6 part story are standouts etc). Volume 2 is such a step up from 1(which is still good). Since some storylines carry on throughout I would go with 2. Very much has a Jim Steranko Shield vibe to it (worth checking out). I feel Shang Chi (especially with Gulacy in vol 2) is a spiritual successor to Shield/Steranko. I honestly missed the Gulacy art once he leaves although the writing is still good. He was on such a roll as his run on Shang Chi continued. I am looking forward to getting through more Zeck though.
    Thanks for the recomendation.
    It helped to decide which Omnibus to order first between vol:2 or vol:3.
    I have a SHIELD/Steranko TPB and i say as well,that this SHIELD run is cool.
    I am a fan of Mike Zeck illustrations so volume:3 looks like a great choice as well,and vol:3 have the same writer as well.
    So all though vol:3 is a must buy to me as well,i am thinking getting first the vol:2.
    I read some stories of Master of Kung Fu by Moench/Gulacy before and remember them being great,so to get all that run collected in a Omnibus is likely to be the next Omnibus i will buy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Thanks for the recomendation.
    It helped to decide which Omnibus to order first between vol:2 or vol:3.
    I have a SHIELD/Steranko TPB and i say as well,that this SHIELD run is cool.
    I am a fan of Mike Zeck illustrations so volume:3 looks like a great choice as well,and vol:3 have the same writer as well.
    So all though vol:3 is a must buy to me as well,i am thinking getting first the vol:2.
    I read some stories of Master of Kung Fu by Moench/Gulacy before and remember them being great,so to get all that run collected in a Omnibus is likely to be the next Omnibus i will buy.
    Good choice! I am happy to have discovered this series. I didnt come across old copies when I was younger when I was first into comics so no way to discover this series.

You dudes are strange . Vision is one of the best books by far to come out of Marvel or DC in the past decade. Different strokes though.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    You dudes are strange . Vision is one of the best books by far to come out of Marvel or DC in the past decade. Different strokes though.
    There's always a backlash against the hype. Always.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage25 View Post
    There's always a backlash against the hype. Always.
    I did try not to pay attention to the hype, but sorry, it just fell flat with me.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I did try not to pay attention to the hype, but sorry, it just fell flat with me.
    Oh it wasn't meant to be a criticism - you're well within your rights to note like it.

Just was speaking more generally. Any time you have a bunch of hype you will build it up in your mind and it's really difficult to meet expectations.

Oh it wasn't meant to be a criticism - you're well within your rights to note like it.

Just was speaking more generally. Any time you have a bunch of hype you will build it up in your mind and it's really difficult to meet expectations.
    Ha ha, so true. It works the opposite way as well. For example, I might be the only person who doesn't think the Green Lantern movie was a complete turd (only a half turd). Everyone seemed to set the bar so low for how bad that movie was by the time I rented it, I thought . . . eh, it wasn't THAT bad.

Spectacular Member

Hey, no probs, I didn't take it like an attack!

I will say though, I am just finishing Soules' Inhumans run from Infinity to IvX and I have really enjoyed it (less so for IvX and I feel like I missed something incredibly important with Death of X missing from the OHC collection), so I glad the hype didn't spoil that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ha ha, so true. It works the opposite way as well. For example, I might be the only person who doesn't think the Green Lantern movie was a complete turd (only a half turd).
    I think a half a turd is called a turdlet. ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Fantastic Member

Would I be missing out on anything by picking up the two Darh Vader by Gillen deluxe HCs over the omnibus? From what I can tell, they collect the same material and are considerably cheaper on amazon.

Spectacular Member

So I'm almost halfway through the Thor by Simonson Omni and I'm really enjoying it. However I really wish that it had the original coloring. The new coloring is great and all and it does look like something that easily could have come out in the early aughts, but I feel like it doesn't have the punch that the original coloring did. I feel as though the original coloring was more distinctive and while not quite psychedelic it was definitely more stylized, while the new coloring seems to goes for a more realistic bent.

That's something that I feel like a lot of modern recoloring does, it eschews the feel of the original coloring and instead opts for a more realistic look, i.e. the Killing Joke recoloring. It would have been awesome if they offered the Omni in both colorings but I know that isn't realistically feasible.

Additionally the covers included in the book are strictly the art without any of the titling or anything. This is most noticeable on the first issue in the book, Thor #338. In the Omni it is just a picture of Beta Ray Bill swinging Mjolnir, which is fine, but the original image had Bill smashing the Thor logo, which showed that some serious business was going down, as at the time no one knew who this mysterious character was.

I'll probably keep the Omni for the time being once I'm finished reading it but once the Epics covering his run come out I could easily see myself getting those and trading the Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Would I be missing out on anything by picking up the two Darh Vader by Gillen deluxe HCs over the omnibus? From what I can tell, they collect the same material and are considerably cheaper on amazon.
    They are exactly the same. I have done this same thing. You get the same amazing comics, still in oversized glory, but cheaper and easier to read due to smaller size. Win-win in my book. If you’re not someone that has to have “omnibus” on the spine, I would highly recommend going this route.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Byrne's vol. 2 is still available and my LCS might even have one. If you're in the US, he will ship it. I can check today if you're interested.
    Thanks, but no thanks. Just a matter of prioritising which ones I want first.

Does anyone have a list of every Spider-Man OHC since Brand New Day? Thanks!