Page 780 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2806807307707767777787797807817827837847908308801280 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    All in for the reprint of Spider-Man by Michelinie/McFarlane. Another smaller whale bites the dust.

I would like to hear some opinions on the Hellstorm by Ellis Omni and the Guardians by Duggan Omni too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    This one is pretty frustrating. I've been wanting to see this material collected for awhile, but 14 issues is skimpy for a $75 omnibus. There's plenty of other material they could have put in this. Hellstorm #1-11 could have been included just to complete the series. There was a Satana series by Ellis that got cancelled, but the first issue was completed and could have been included here for the first time. And there were a couple of Ghost Rider issues guest written by Ellis from around this time that could have been included. Marvel's usually much better at getting any related material included, but not this time. They could have released this as a complete collection or OHC, but instead they went for the Omnibus treatment.
    I'm surprised but thrilled with the Ellis collection (although not keen on the price but I guess I can get it half off on its week of release). I read this series years and years ago and really enjoyed it. I remember int he back of one of the letter pages about Druid (which was actually supposed to be a main series but later changed to a mini) that Ellis said Stan Lee knew as much about druids as he (Ellis) did about building pyramids. Ha ha. Not sure how or why I remember it, but Ellis - always one to experience - said he wanted to make him a true Druid.

Definitely a cool run.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    It looks like we are not getting a GotG by Bendis Vol. 1...
    even if it isnt the best run, I wanted to complete it...
    You mean to say Vol. 2, no?

I also want the rest of the Bendis volumes and stuff stuff like Rocket Raccoon Vol. 2 #1-11, Groot #1-6, Rocket Raccoon & Groot #1-10, Guardians of Infinity #1-8,... to fill one Omnibus!

Also the Infinity Countdown is by Gerry Duggan! They'll make us finish the run in one OHC like they did with Axis?
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    These are the HCs from the June solicitations:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY GERRY DUGGAN OMNIBUS HC
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Penciled by AARON KUDER, FRAZER IRVING, CHRIS SAMNEE, GREG SMALLWOOD, MARCUS TO, MIKE HAWTHORNE, ROLAND BOSCHI & ROD REIS
    Cover by AARON KUDER
    A new era of cosmic adventure begins — with the Guardians caught between the Collector and the Grandmaster! And that’s bad news when Groot can’t grow any bigger, Drax has sworn off violence, and Gamora is hiding something! Can the gang get it together before they find themselves in the middle of a war between the Nova Corps and the shadowy Fraternity of Raptors? Hydra’s Secret Empire brings the Guardians back to Earth — but who will blast back off with them as their newest member? And the hunt for the Infinity Stones begins — a search that involves our ragtag renegades becoming…Novas?! But no Infinity quest can be complete without Adam Warlock!
    Collecting ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #1-12, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #146-150 and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2017 (ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF GALAXY) 1.
    408 PGS./Rated T+ …$75.00 ISBN 978-1-302-91315-1
    Heard good things. It'll be a blind buy but likely it's 1/2 as decent as I hear.

HELLSTORM BY WARREN ELLIS OMNIBUS HC
    Written by WARREN ELLIS
    Penciled by LEONARDO MANCO, PETER GROSS, DEREK YANIGER & MARTIN CHAPLIN
    Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    In his first American Marvel comic, rising superstar Warren Ellis made one hell of a debut! Now, rediscover his edgy and unsettling tales of Daimon Hellstrom, the Son of Satan himself! Daimon is on the hunt of a serial magician murderer alongside his ally Isaac Christians, the Gargoyle. But who is Jaine Cutter, and what is her role in the delicate balance between Heaven and Hell? What terrible fate lies in store for Daimon’s ex-wife, Patsy “Hellcat” Walker? And what happened to Daimon during his fateful confrontation with his demonic father? Ghosts, demons and things that go bump in the night all await — as does the truth about Satan himself! Plus: Ellis revamps the sorcerous Doctor Druid!
    Collecting HELLSTORM: PRINCE OF LIES #12-21 and DRUID #1-4.
    424 PGS./Parental Advisory …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91324-3
    Trim size: oversized
    Hmmm, this is up for thin Omni of the year is it not at 14 issues?
    Why not just collect this whole 90s series in an Omni and say "featuring Warren Ellis". Is it too much to hope they plan to pick up the first 11 issues somewhere else? The '93 volume is only 21 issues, come on now, whose in charge?
    I want this but not really fond of how the Collections Dept has just seemingly orphaned 1/2 of a short series just to whore out the name Ellis.

THOR: HEROES RETURN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by DAN JURGENS, MIKE GRELL, GEOFF JOHNS, PRIEST, MICHAEL AVON OEMING, DANIEL BERMAN & MORE
    Penciled by TOM GRUMMETT, WALTER TABORDA, JIM STARLIN, STUART IMMONEN, JOE BENNETT, TOM RANEY, DAN JURGENS, ALAN DAVIS, TRENT KANIUGA, BEN LAI, RAY LAI, PACO MEDINA, TOM MANDRAKE, MAX FIUMARA, SCOT EATON, ROGER ROBINSON, ANDREA DI VITO & MORE
    Cover by SCOTT EATON
    When Odin falls, Thor rises! But as the Thunder God takes the Throne of Asgard and faces Desak, Destroyer of Pantheons, Earth is left in the hands of the untested Tarene! Now possessing the Odinforce, Thor is more powerful than ever, but his new crown weighs heavily — as does his feeling of responsibility to Midgard. An extreme solution brings Asgard to Earth and inadvertently ignites a new religion — but when Iron Man and Captain America try to intervene, will Thor turn his back on the Avengers for good? And how far will Thor go to save mankind? The answer lies in the future…and the ascent of Thor, Lord of Earth! But as Ragnarok approaches in the present, Asgard may well burn!
    Collecting THOR (1998) #36-85 and ANNUAL 2001, IRON MAN (1998) #64, AVENGERS (1998) #63 and material from MARVEL DOUBLE-SHOT #1.
    1,304 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91361-8
    Trim size: oversized
    Does this complete the Heroes Return volume of Thor? If so that's nice!

TOMB OF DRACULA OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN, GERRY CONWAY, ARCHIE GOODWIN, GARDNER FOX, CHRIS CLAREMONT, DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT
    Penciled by GENE COLAN, MIKE PLOOG, DON HECK
    Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    ON SALE OCTOBER 2018
    He rose from the grave in 1972, ushering in an Age of Horror like nothing seen before or since! Now behold the Prince of Darkness’ first encounters with his most implacable enemies of the era, including legendary Blade the Vampire Hunter! With ghosts, mutants, mad scientists and more! Plus a tour of the Lord of the Vampires’ earlier U.S. activities, with such stops as the Pool of Blood and the Devil’s Heart! Featuring Werewolf by Night and Lilith, Daughter of Dracula!
    Collecting TOMB OF DRACULA #1-31, WEREWOLF BY NIGHT #15, GIANT-SIZE CHILLERS #1, GIANT-SIZE DRACULA #2-4.
    784 PGS./Parental Advisory …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91415-8
    I'm weighing the option of getting this. I may wait to see if it hits clearance.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Hmmm, this is up for thin Omni of the year is it not at 14 issues?
    Why not just collect this whole 90s series in an Omni and say "featuring Warren Ellis". Is it too much to hope they plan to pick up the first 11 issues somewhere else? The '93 volume is only 21 issues, come on now, whose in charge?
    I want this but not really fond of how the Collections Dept has just seemingly orphaned 1/2 of a short series just to whore out the name Ellis.

They're doing us a favor by not collecting the first 11 issues. You'd probably never make it to the Ellis stuff. I do think it should just be an OHC, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Heard good things. It'll be a blind buy but likely it's 1/2 as decent as I hear.

Does this complete the Heroes Return volume of Thor? If so that's nice!

I'm weighing the option of getting this. I may wait to see if it hits clearance.
    Yes that completes the Heroes Reborn Thor series. I probably will skip it unless I find it dirt cheap. I have the Vol 1 but never could get into the story. I gave it 8-10 issues and it just wasn't doing it for me. Might try and skip ahead to where Thanos shows up. I've heard that part is readable/good.

I will probably pick up TOD v1 as well. I've owned that material in Essential, the Classic TPBs and Omnibus over the years at one time or another. I sold them off when prices spiked but always enjoyed reading them so now looks like the time to replenish my library.

Kind of confused by the Nova TPB. Aren't the Annihilation issies going to be collected in the Annihilation tpbs?! Dont tell me this is a case of double dipping...

Astonishing Member

These are the HCs from the June solicitations:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY DAVID MICHELINIE & TODD MCFARLANE OMNIBUS HC (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by DAVID MICHELINIE
    Penciled by TODD MCFARLANE, ALEX SAVIUK, ERIK LARSEN, COLLEEN DORAN
    Cover by TODD MCFARLANE
    ON SALE OCTOBER 2018
    Whether clad in blue and red or black, or possessing spider-powers or cosmic ones, Spider-Man stands ready to face any threat! And the threats have never been greater! From his own foes — Venom, Mysterio, the Scorpion and more — to newcomers to his friendly neighborhood like Sabretooth, the Taskmaster, Magneto and the Sentinels, Spidey sure has his hands full! Good thing he’s got Mary Jane, Captain America, the Black Cat and the Hulk around to lend a hand! Featuring the pulse-pounding prose of longtime IRON MAN scribe David Michelinie and the groundbreaking artistry of the legendary Todd McFarlane!
    Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #296-329 and material from SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #10.
    856 PGS./Rated T …$100.00
    ISBN 978-1-302-91414-1
    Nice one.
    This is one of the Omnibus that i wanted the most.
    Great to see the Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane being reprinted.
    Now i am hoping that Spider-Man by Roger Stern gets reprinted as well,because that is the other of my most wanted Omnibus.

I've never read any of Tomb of Dracula, but have always heard good things over the years. I have seen it and it's gorgeous top notch art. I'll most likely get this and look forward to reading. Already have the Spidey omni and still haven't got the v1 Thor so it's doubtful. I know nothing about Duggans GotG so I'll wait for opinions on it even though it's probably a doubtful or clearance special for me as well.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I know it's not unheard of to have material available in multiple formats, but I'm surprised to see Tomb of Dracula get an omni reprint when they haven't finished releasing the chunky trades. Good on them for that.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

So if they’re doing a Duggan omnibus it appears we won’t get a volume 2 for Bendis but are we expecting a volume 6 OHC collections to finish the run?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So if they’re doing a Duggan omnibus it appears we won’t get a volume 2 for Bendis but are we expecting a volume 6 OHC collections to finish the run?
    Yeah, I think it was in the previous months solicits? It's pretty skimpy though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    V5 will complete his run. Its due out in Aug

https://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Gal...dians+bendis+5
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-20-2018 at 07:37 PM.

It's weird that omnis that seemed to linger in clearance forever are getting reprints after a relatively short OOP period. First Byrne FF and now McFarlane Spidey. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we got reprints of Incredible Hulk Vol 1 and X-Statix. Meanwhile, Bendis DD vol. 1 & 2 are still lingering in OOP land even though they've reprinted all the DD books around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    This one is pretty frustrating. I've been wanting to see this material collected for awhile, but 14 issues is skimpy for a $75 omnibus. There's plenty of other material they could have put in this. Hellstorm #1-11 could have been included just to complete the series. There was a Satana series by Ellis that got cancelled, but the first issue was completed and could have been included here for the first time. And there were a couple of Ghost Rider issues guest written by Ellis from around this time that could have been included. Marvel's usually much better at getting any related material included, but not this time. They could have released this as a complete collection or OHC, but instead they went for the Omnibus treatment.
    The page count of 424 pages seems to high just for 14 issues so maybe that unpublished Satana story will be one of the extras. I'm sure that this will be reprinted as a Complete Collection later on although it might be as vol. 2 with vol. 1 collecting #1-11 in paperback only.

Do Warren's Ghost Rider stories have any relation to Hellstorm other than them both being horror characters? Warren did a number of other one-shots/aborted runs around this time (Doctor Strange, Daredevil, Carnage) and I'd rather see all of them together in one fat trade seeing as most of them have never been collected.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Yes that completes the Heroes Reborn Thor series. I probably will skip it unless I find it dirt cheap. I have the Vol 1 but never could get into the story. I gave it 8-10 issues and it just wasn't doing it for me. Might try and skip ahead to where Thanos shows up. I've heard that part is readable/good.
    Heroes Return Vol. 1 is just Jurgens doing a Lee/Defalco pastiche - fine if you like that sort of thing but it's not particularly original. The material in Vol. 2 is where he becomes more ambitious with his 'King Thor' storyline. Now this part of the series has its flaws too but it's much more interesting and innovative than his earlier writing. I'm glad I read it but I don't think I'd get the omnibus. Maybe at most I'd get the digital trades in a sale. I'd recommend you borrow the trades or read it on Marvel Unlimited to see if you like it before you spend a lot of money on this omnibus.