Page 782 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2826827327727787797807817827837847857867928328821282 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The only thing I may be picking up is the Avengers: No Surrender OHC. But even that's suspect; as I've ceased to pick up Marvel Events since Secret Wars and Avengers: Standoff. I either have or don't want the Omnis that are solicited. I'm actually quite relieved as I've been trying to cut down on my purchases.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

No Surrender has been awesome; I've been buying it in floppies and plan on double dipping for the HC.

I hadn't been following any of the Avengers books in years, but you can jump right in with only a cursory knowledge of the team/characters. I highly recommend it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    No Surrender has been awesome; I've been buying it in floppies and plan on double dipping for the HC.

I hadn't been following any of the Avengers books in years, but you can jump right in with only a cursory knowledge of the team/characters. I highly recommend it.
    I’ve heard great things about it and it’s by Mark Waid. The guy rarely writes a bad series. I also enjoyed his first OHC. I wish the inbetween stuff was already out in deluxe HC.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Re: Hellstrom Omnibus by Ellis

In an exercise of sure futility I was looking at Comic Vine for content on a possible followup.

Marvel Spotlight '73: #12-24 (13 issues)
    Son of Satan '75: #1-8 (8 issues)
    Prince of Lies '93: #1-11 (11 issues)
    Son of Satan '07 Max: #1-5 (5 issues)

This would be a 37 issue Omni and collect solo tales/series featuring Daimon.
    This volume spans several decades and covers various creative teams so it might not appeal to all or maybe it would.
    Let his Defenders and Ghost Rider appearances of the 70s/early 80s fall into those books at some later point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yeesh that Hellstorm cover is atrocious. Wonder what Marvel has going on with the character that they felt the need to bring this dreck back into the light of day from the junk bins? I remember the 90s series ... never read any of it, but skimmed some of the similar stuff (Midnight Sons books, I remember the Druid mini, etc) back in the day. Didn't really care for what I read. Glad for those that wanted it though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Re: Hellstrom Omnibus by Ellis

In an exercise of sure futility I was looking at Comic Vine for content on a possible followup.

Marvel Spotlight '73: #12-24 (13 issues)
    Son of Satan '75: #1-8 (8 issues)
    Prince of Lies '93: #1-11 (11 issues)
    Son of Satan '07 Max: #1-5 (5 issues)

This would be a 37 issue Omni and collect solo tales/series featuring Daimon.
    This volume spans several decades and covers various creative teams so it might not appeal to all or maybe it would.
    Let his Defenders and Ghost Rider appearances of the 70s/early 80s fall into those books at some later point.
    Thank you! There is so much uncollected material out there that could have been included. Marvel is usually a lot better at filling out their collections than this.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Yeesh that Hellstorm cover is atrocious. Wonder what Marvel has going on with the character that they felt the need to bring this dreck back into the light of day from the junk bins? I remember the 90s series ... never read any of it, but skimmed some of the similar stuff (Midnight Sons books, I remember the Druid mini, etc) back in the day. Didn't really care for what I read. Glad for those that wanted it though.
    Hellstorm (even the non Ellis issues) was much higher quality than the Midnight Sons books. It was the closest Marvel had to a Vertigo title at the time. I would recommend the series to any fan of Warren Ellis.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 03-21-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Really? Thats a shocker. I thought it was just another boring Marvel super event. I know nothing about the plot honestly, but still to ignore your recommendations would be unwise.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    I am surprised that a lot of books are not on Amazon yet: almost half of last months solis are missing and all of the new ones.

I am not sure if I am mistaken here but I was mostly under the impression that we got the amazon fish before most solis were out in the past?
    The Amazon fishes are for things Marvel puts in the bookseller catalogs well in advance - when they decide to move something up or rush something out, it won't be in the catalog necessarily. I'm not sure if there's a particular reason this month seems so heavy on them (The SM vs Venom omnibus is a glaring omission to me), but there's usually at least one or two of these every month or two

Yeesh that Hellstorm cover is atrocious. Wonder what Marvel has going on with the character . . . .
    I was wondering the same thing. I'm gonna get the Ellis stuff, tho. Doubt I'd get any of his other appearances.

Sounds good. Thanks for the opinion. Will keep this in mind.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Yeesh that Hellstorm cover is atrocious. Wonder what Marvel has going on with the character .....
    A friend and I posed 2 initial thoughts.
    1- This is just the collections dept doing a new "horror" character for the Halloween/Fall time frame ala (Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night)
    2- He's going to appear in other media (Netflix show? DDs3 or Iron Fist S2?)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Anyone else get the omnibus bug? Where you want more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Welcome to the club.

I'm approaching 100 and I'm now trying to limit my purchases.

Incredible Member

It feels weird now to not have some book on the way. Got one today, one coming tomorrow and waiting for 2 items to ship.
    I do try to really limit it to stuff I REALLY want but I can convince myself that I really want lots of things.
    I keep a list on my tablet of what page I am at on like the 10 omnibus' I am working on at the moment.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 03-21-2018 at 02:48 PM.

All the time. Then my credit card bill arrives and that bug gets squashed like the vile arthropod that it is.