Page 788 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2886887387787847857867877887897907917927988388881288 ... LastLast
Results 11,806 to 11,820 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I am thrilled about the Quasar collection. It picks up right where Quasar Classic Volume 1 left off.
    Wish we could get a collection that picks up from Darkhawk Classic vol.1 also.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Wish we could get a collection that picks up from Darkhawk Classic vol.1 also.
    You never know. Of the Classics line, we've gotten followups to Quasar and Thunderbolts. New Warriors is getting a collection that directly follows the omnibus. And the Hulk Peter David Visionaries line was followed by the Epic line.

Spectacular Member

I've just started to read my Thor by Simonson Omni and found this defect (?) between page 32 & 33 :

Anyone else found this in their copy? Can the signature detach completely over time? Wondering if it's a widespread situation for that omnibus and if I should ask for a replacement copy...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    This would be indeed my biggest want for the next solis, I mean we got the two chunky X-Force/Cable trades already and it would be great to give us this third one. I would be all in for a third X-Force / whatever sells the title Omnibus. Still crazy that we are getting 5 huge trades in the span of one year to (almost) finish the first Cable ongoing.

So my idea for the two missing issues and some of the scattered ones: maybe we will get a "The Twelve" Omnibus next year? With the Reunion and Homecoming trades and the newly announced Magneto War trade do bridge all the gaps (minus an Annual here and there?) for the post Zero Tolerance Era. Shattering/Twelve/Powerless would make for a beautiful collection, I mean we are getting the Revolution Omnibus this summer, so it seems to be not too far fetched.

We are getting really close to the goal line of having the flagship titles collected completely. X-Force, Gen X, X-Factor might (big maybe) profit from that. I mean Weapon X Omnibus, Mutant X Complete Collections, the previous New Mutants Back to School trade ... one might get too excited as a collector of all X.
    Re: X-Force Omnibus v3 - Cable 9-20, X-Force 32-43 + Annual 3, New Warriors 45,46, Excalibur 82, X-Factor 106, Wolverine 85 would be the obvious contents. I can't think of any great additions (other than the first part of The Phalanx Covenant) to sell it - although given the aftermarket price of the Phalanx HC, that might be enough. We could use a new Cable & the New Mutants collection, I think. A nice OHC would look lovely on my shelf, followed by OHC/Omnis of X-Tinction Agenda, X-Force v1, X-Cutioner's Song, Deadpool & X-Force, our hypthetical X-Force omni v3, then AoA.

The Twelve as an omnibus seems semi-plausible - The Shattering/The Twelve/Ages of Apocalypse/Search for Cyclops/Powerless is around 40 issues - one can easily add in a couple issues of Cable. Anything else in need of being collected from that era? X-Force is uncollected from 71-100, but I'm not sure it's a good thematic addition.

I'm also waiting for an Excalibur Epic Collection for the pre-Ellis era, at least including issues 71-75. Something to put right before Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix to follow Rachel's chronology. But yeah, Marvel is doing a pretty fantastic job of collecting a ton of X-stuff I'd like.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    This might be a ridiculous question, but I really like street level heroes with a bit of humour. However the only Marvel Omnibus I own is the Kamala Ms. Marvel's... (I really want Ultimate Spider-Man if I ever find it for under cover).

I was wondering what the best Omnibus is for a jumping in point for a Marvel character, like a Spider-Man or a Ms. Marvel type?

I'd like to read another character but I don't know much about Marvel and the only other series I have a current fondness for is X-Men, but there is too much infighting in team-up series nowadays. I'd like a fun character.

Sorry if this is a odd question.
    I would recommend Daredevil by Mark Waid. It's a great jumping on point, Daredevil is in swashbuckling mode instead of noir/ninja mode, and there is a lot of humor in it.

Miles Morales: Spider-Man is also a contender. A lot of people dislike Bendis, but he is at his best when working with street level heroes like Miles.

Another possibility is Superior Foes of Spider-Man. It is funny and street level, but doesn't concentrate on a single character. Instead it fleshes out a group of lower level villains and their various plans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Are there any horror related titles coming out for Halloween like last year? Thanks for any replies.
    A Warren Ellis omni collecting his run on Son of Satan (10 issues or so?) plus his Doctor Druid mini. And a reprint of the Tomb of Dracula volume 1 omni.

Sorry, Simon Garth, looks like (at least) another year’s wait for you...

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I wish Marvel had released their Frankenstein as an Omni instead of just a larger TPB a few years back. If a 14 issue Hellstrom collection can be Omni'd this should've been as well.
    The Monster Frankenstein ran for 18 issues.

Maybe it'll get an upgrade at some point. The current EIC and company may have to pull Frank out of moth balls and make him more relevant (like DC did not long back) in order for that to even be considered.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Hi,

I updated the timeline with the new Amazon findings.
    A few gaps filled and sadly Thor Epics insisting in covering recently published content. I understand they don't fill the gap that goes just after Masterworks but there's a lot of room in the DeFalco/Frenz era to just repeat what was recently published in Thor Omnibus 3.

Fantastic Member

What exactly are Marvel Premium editions? Oversized hardcovers + extras? I see one for AvX on amazon for just under $18, which makes me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    What exactly are Marvel Premium editions? Oversized hardcovers + extras? I see one for AvX on amazon for just under $18, which makes me curious.
    based on the amazon listing they are standard sized hardcovers published by Panini. Panini does a lot of Marvel trades but their design is usually terrible but I've never seen a Panini hc before.

Fantastic Member

Ah, I might pass in that case. Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Even more new Tpb´s that i will be buying looking at that upcoming new books of Amazon as #

Thanos: The Infinity Conflict . And i will be buying the first part of the trilogy (THE INFINITY SIBLINGS) as well.

Marvel Team-Up: Spider-Man/Iron Man .It have a stellar team up story (MTU-48 to 51) that will be cool to have in the TPB format,the other stories look interesting as well.Plus MTU was a comic book that i enjoyed Reading waaay back so the others stories are must reads to me as well.

Quasar: Cosmos In Collision This is another must have to me.Will be getting the first Quasar TPB as well.

Amazing Spider-Man by Eric Michelinie & Todd MacFarlane Omnibus This is one of my most wanted Omnibus.

Avengers West Coast Epic Collection: How The West Was Won I´m a fan of Classic Avengers,and i still have not read the first WCA stories,so this new Epic Collection is way cool.

New Warriors: Darkness and Light And i have the New Warriors Omnibus - Volume 1 on my wish list.

Fantastic Four by John Byrne Omnibus Vol. 1 A must have in the Omnibus format.

The Fantastic Four Omnibus Volume 1 Another must have in the Omnibus format.

And Weapon H Vol. 1 looks interesting.This one i will see if i buy it as well or not,depending of reviews and previews.

Venom by Donny Cates Vol. 1 i will have to see,i am more inclined to read this series in the single issues format.

Amazing Spider-Man: Red Goblin i will not buy because i am already buying the Amazing Spider-Man comic book in the single issues format.(This have been a comic book that is difficult to wait to read the stories in the TPB editions)
    Last edited by comicscollector; 03-27-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    A Warren Ellis omni collecting his run on Son of Satan (10 issues or so?) plus his Doctor Druid mini. And a reprint of the Tomb of Dracula volume 1 omni.

Sorry, Simon Garth, looks like (at least) another year’s wait for you...

Thank you for the info.
    Hail Hydra!