Page 795 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2956957457857917927937947957967977987998058458951295 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,925 of 20767
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    First page updated with these. Thank you!
    Can I also suggest that the preamble to the lists in post #4 be deleted as it is no longer relevant and update the "as of" date so as not to confuse people. Also, I'm not "Omnibus" - he seems to have disappeared ...
    Also, I suggest deleting post #9 as it sits on the first page and can cause confusion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon.com has it at 688 pages. A nice size.
    And with a nice $75 cover price. All the while the Loeb/Sale YBGW omni is listed at $100 with fewer pages. Certainly capable of changing with actual solicitations, but go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtleDog View Post
    Can I also suggest that the preamble to the lists in post #4 be deleted as it is no longer relevant and update the "as of" date so as not to confuse people. Also, I'm not "Omnibus" - he seems to have disappeared ...
    Also, I suggest deleting post #9 as it sits on the first page and can cause confusion as well.
    Should have checked those posts a bit more. You are right, I've edited the 4th and deleted the 9th.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    And with a nice $75 cover price. All the while the Loeb/Sale YBGW omni is listed at $100 with fewer pages. Certainly capable of changing with actual solicitations, but go figure.
    I feel your pain. The Marvel Knights Joe Quesada is at 720 pages and is also priced at $100. If it was $75 and with first week discount, I would be prepared to pull the trigger even though I have the majority of the stuff in OHC already. That's what being a Daredevil completionist and Omnibus fan does to you

I was going to get the Loeb/Sale book but I’m going to hold off. I say this one goes to the bargain bin. If not ... there’s always OHCs.

Mighty Member

Well the ohc was $75, so it's not like Marvel is gonna add content and not raise the price

Amazing Member

Hey guys, what are the Artist Edition like? I'm thinking of buying the Herb Trimpe one

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Hey guys, what are the Artist Edition like? I'm thinking of buying the Herb Trimpe one
    Do you mean the prestige, oversized, commemorative ones from IDW with the red covers? If so, those are freaking amazing! They're some of my favorite books. They're autographed and the presentation is top notch with cloth covers for the book covers, embossed stamping for the covers/logos (like the original Marvel Omnibus books) and sewn bindings. I have the Herb Trimpe & Sal Buscema Hulk books from that series. I love them. I used to have the Bill Sienkwerlkewrja;jzzawertchz New Mutants one but sold it when prices spiked astronomically. I ordered the Trimpe Hulk one after he died when the print run became even more limited. Good stuff!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Do you mean the prestige, oversized, commemorative ones from IDW with the red covers? If so, those are freaking amazing! They're some of my favorite books. They're autographed and the presentation is top notch with cloth covers for the book covers, embossed stamping for the covers/logos (like the original Marvel Omnibus books) and sewn bindings. I have the Herb Trimpe & Sal Buscema Hulk books from that series. I love them. I used to have the Bill Sienkwerlkewrja;jzzawertchz New Mutants one but sold it when prices spiked astronomically. I ordered the Trimpe Hulk one after he died when the print run became even more limited. Good stuff!
    yes the IDW is what i meant. Do you know what the pint runs are on these books?
    Thanks

yes the IDW is what i meant. Do you know what the pint runs are on these books?
    Thanks
    Just to clarify: you want to know more about the Artist Select editions right?
    IDW does an Artists' Edition line as well but that's completely different stuff.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just to clarify: you want to know more about the Artist Select editions right?
    IDW does an Artists' Edition line as well but that's completely different stuff.
    i just looked up Artist Select and i meant the Artists' Editions https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/IDW...D-HC/MAY150425

i just looked up Artist Select and i meant the Artists' Editions https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/IDW...D-HC/MAY150425
    ah okay, grahamgg was talking about the Artist select ones. Artist editions (other publishers call them Gallery editions) are reprints of the original pages, inked but not colored, high resolution scans on the same type of paper the artist used and in most cases in the same size (so the books are huge). They really feel like someone bound the original art pages into a book. Every smudge, erased line, whiteout fluid is visible.
    There are also Artifact editions which are basically the same but they collect select pages from runs and not full issues.
    Also IDW never includes digital lettering on their pages so if it's a never series like the Mignola AEs that were lettered digitally they don't have any text in them. In case of older books the lettering was done by hand so the book is fully readable.
    This website has a ton of reviews and pics:
    https://aeindex.org/category/reviews/

I've never stopped collecting but have been gone from the forums for awhile which means I don't keep up to date with solicits.

That is a lot of books for this year. I know people used to try and collect every omnibus, is anyone still trying to do that?

Seems like it would fill a whole room at this point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I've never stopped collecting but have been gone from the forums for awhile which means I don't keep up to date with solicits.

That is a lot of books for this year. I know people used to try and collect every omnibus, is anyone still trying to do that?

I have been, it is hard to stop once you have started. I have every one except devil dinosaur and muppet babies. Yes space is a huge problem. Its the old saying about how the stuff you own ends up owning you. Omnibuses are neat, but aren't practical. They really are more a collectors item than an actual book that you can read. And they are surprisingly fragile.

We are moving into areas where I already own the masterworks for the most part. Throw in a few epics and the books are mostly redundant for me. I really need to step off this train....just a few more
    trying to be nicer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post

I can't keep up with the release due to financial and space constraint. Except for Spidey & X-Men, I am now very selective of purchasing new books and will try to sample them digitally first to see whether I like them or not.