Page 807 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3077077577978038048058068078088098108118178579071307 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,105 of 20773

Hello, I don't have any comic with Spiderman and I want to get in what's the best omnibus to get? What would you recommend. It doesn't have to be one, it can be several, just write it down in order and what's the best one in your opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddak View Post
    Hello, I don't have any comic with Spiderman and I want to get in what's the best omnibus to get? What would you recommend. It doesn't have to be one, it can be several, just write it down in order and what's the best one in your opinion.

Thanks
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thanks
    Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Vol. 1-3 Omnibuses

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Vol. 1-3 Omnibuses
    I just finished ASM SA Omni Volume 1 and liked it so much I ordered Volume 2 before I was halfway through.

Thanks
    if you like Silver age stuff then go for the Stan Lee ASM omnibuses. If you like brone age books the Roger Stern omnibus is great although I think the second half is much stronger but over all it's a great series, Stern always delivers.
    For modern series: Ultimate Spider-man but you have to hunt down the ohcs for most of that.
    There aren't many modern Spidey omnis but you can get chunky trades for the JMS or the Slott runs(or some ohcs), those are the most popular ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    if you like Silver age stuff then go for the Stan Lee ASM omnibuses. If you like brone age books the Roger Stern omnibus is great although I think the second half is much stronger but over all it's a great series, Stern always delivers.
    For modern series: Ultimate Spider-man but you have to hunt down the ohcs for most of that.
    There aren't many modern Spidey omnis but you can get chunky trades for the JMS or the Slott runs(or some ohcs), those are the most popular ones.
    If you're okay with trades, the Spidey Epics cover a lot of different material, not only early stuff that's in some of the omnis, but also 70's and 80's stuff, too. Worth a look (unless you avoid trades).
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I just finished ASM SA Omni Volume 1 and liked it so much I ordered Volume 2 before I was halfway through.
    The Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus would make a great companion piece to ASM SA Omnibus Vol. 1.

Amazing Member

So let me get this straight... Is the Punisher MAX stuff by Ennis not a direct continuation of his Marvel Knight run, but instead a bunch of stories set outside of the 616-continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    So let me get this straight... Is the Punisher MAX stuff by Ennis not a direct continuation of his Marvel Knight run, but instead a bunch of stories set outside of the 616-continuity?
    The only other Marvel character to make an appearance is Nick Fury. This depicts a Punisher that has been punishing for almost 30 years. He has aged in real time, and pushing 60. It's also REALLY good. My favorite Punisher run of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus would make a great companion piece to ASM SA Omnibus Vol. 1.
    I had never heard of this series. I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

I finally got a copy of the Daredevil: Shadowland omnibus! I know there discussion awhile back about the order of the issues, and just flipping through it, it looks like the Daredevil and Shadowland issues are mixed together up to Daredevil 511, then come all the one shots and miniseries', then Daredevil 512, Shadowland: After the Fall, and Daredevil: Reborn #1-4. Not sure if I like having 512 at the end, or if I'd rather just read it right after 511. Either way I'm just happy they made some attempt at putting together a decent reading order for the Daredevil and Shadowland issues.

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    Correct...and both of those are good things.

Mighty Member

The Weapon X omnibus looks like it hasn't been doing to hot. Not even on ISTs top 10 list. Was a blind buy for me. Might've just been the odd man out with 3 releases this week though

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    The Weapon X omnibus looks like it hasn't been doing to hot. Not even on ISTs top 10 list. Was a blind buy for me. Might've just been the odd man out with 3 releases this week though
    Damn - I loved this series and seem to remember liking Tieri's Wolverine run too, I would have picked up a Wolverine by Tieri Omnibus, but doubt that will be likely if Weapon X doesn't sell.

Krisis are you gonna break down the Most Wanted omnibus' on your site again like you did last year? Really enjoyed those.