Page 808 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3087087587988048058068078088098108118128188589081308 ... LastLast
Results 12,106 to 12,120 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    The Weapon X omnibus looks like it hasn't been doing to hot. Not even on ISTs top 10 list. Was a blind buy for me. Might've just been the odd man out with 3 releases this week though
    I guess in the few hours since you posted this it has now entered the top 10 at position #8

I was odd man out for me but I'll get it next week but within time to still get the extra 2%. There aren't any for me so I'm carrying this over to spread the budget out.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The Weapon X omnibus looks like it hasn't been doing to hot. Not even on ISTs top 10 list. Was a blind buy for me. Might've just been the odd man out with 3 releases this week though
    I'd like to think that hideous cover is to blame.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'd like to think that hideous cover is to blame.
    But what does the SPINE look like???

*asking the real questions

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    So let me get this straight... Is the Punisher MAX stuff by Ennis not a direct continuation of his Marvel Knight run, but instead a bunch of stories set outside of the 616-continuity?
    Yes and fun fact: There's a character who meets the Punisher in the Max series who Ennis created during his Hitman run for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I finally got a copy of the Daredevil: Shadowland omnibus! I know there discussion awhile back about the order of the issues, and just flipping through it, it looks like the Daredevil and Shadowland issues are mixed together up to Daredevil 511, then come all the one shots and miniseries', then Daredevil 512, Shadowland: After the Fall, and Daredevil: Reborn #1-4. Not sure if I like having 512 at the end, or if I'd rather just read it right after 511. Either way I'm just happy they made some attempt at putting together a decent reading order for the Daredevil and Shadowland issues.
    That's OK. Just skip all the mini-series except for Reborn cause they're not that good. Ha ha.

Blind buy for me as well.

How is the content in the Venomnibus? I see it coming next month and have read none of the mini-series it is collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Blind buy for me as well.
    If you guys wind up reading this anytime soon, I'd be really curious to hear how you liked it. I came close to grabbing it on IST, but decided to file it away in case I see it on sale. Not familiar with the material at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    If you guys wind up reading this anytime soon, I'd be really curious to hear how you liked it. I came close to grabbing it on IST, but decided to file it away in case I see it on sale. Not familiar with the material at all.
    I'm sure tomslick will get to it before i will. My back log is just stupid, and omnis seem to get pushed to the bottom. But I'm always sure to post thoughts on all my reads over in the 1000 books thread

Incredible Member

It’s interesting... I was a regular poster on the X-board here back when that series was coming out, and I remember people really disliking it. (Not based on personal knowledge -- I’ve never read a page of it -- just my memory.) Reviews at the time were, uh, not enthusiastic. But history must have been kind to it, because now a lot of people seem genuinely excited about the omnibus.

Kinda like Maximum Carnage, I guess, which was regarded as hot garbage in the ‘00s, but now seems to have a lot of fans. I suppose that’s just the natural arc of new readers who grew up on that stuff aging into adulthood and older ones leaving (or, uh, dying).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    How is the content in the Venomnibus? I see it coming next month and have read none of the mini-series it is collecting.
    I've only read two of the minis in it, The Madness and... The Enemy Within, I think it was called? The one with Morbius and Demogoblin.

The Madness is Ann Nocenti at Peak Nocenti. The bad guy's a polluting corporation, characters shout their inner thoughts, there's lots of text boxes with disjointed syntax. Venom falls in some toxic goo, grows a bunch of new mini-heads, and is suddenly powerful enough to fight the Juggernaut. It's not good.

The Enemy Within was, if I recall correctly, a perfectly average, by-the-numbers mid-90s superhero story. Venom fights, then teams up with Morbius to stop Demogoblin and find out why a bunch of random goblins are popping up. I don't remember it being godawful, but certainly nothing to write home about. My most vivid memory of it is that the cover of one of the issues glowed in the dark.

In general, just going by what I've heard, the vast majority of the minis (other than maybe Lethal Protector) were not especially good. This one's for huge Venom fans and completists, not casual readers looking for a fantastic story.

I'm sure tomslick will get to it before i will. My back log is just stupid, and omnis seem to get pushed to the bottom. But I'm always sure to post thoughts on all my reads over in the 1000 books thread
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I've only read two of the minis in it, The Madness and... The Enemy Within, I think it was called? The one with Morbius and Demogoblin.

The Madness is Ann Nocenti at Peak Nocenti. The bad guy's a polluting corporation, characters shout their inner thoughts, there's lots of text boxes with disjointed syntax. Venom falls in some toxic goo, grows a bunch of new mini-heads, and is suddenly powerful enough to fight the Juggernaut. It's not good.

The Enemy Within was, if I recall correctly, a perfectly average, by-the-numbers mid-90s superhero story. Venom fights, then teams up with Morbius to stop Demogoblin and find out why a bunch of random goblins are popping up. I don't remember it being godawful, but certainly nothing to write home about. My most vivid memory of it is that the cover of one of the issues glowed in the dark.

In general, just going by what I've heard, the vast majority of the minis (other than maybe Lethal Protector) were not especially good. This one's for huge Venom fans and completists, not casual readers looking for a fantastic story.
    I’ll try. I have Superman Exile and the Carnage omnibus collections first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post

I was really on the fence until I read “Nocenti”. I’m out!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I finally got a copy of the Daredevil: Shadowland omnibus! I know there discussion awhile back about the order of the issues, and just flipping through it, it looks like the Daredevil and Shadowland issues are mixed together up to Daredevil 511, then come all the one shots and miniseries', then Daredevil 512, Shadowland: After the Fall, and Daredevil: Reborn #1-4. Not sure if I like having 512 at the end, or if I'd rather just read it right after 511. Either way I'm just happy they made some attempt at putting together a decent reading order for the Daredevil and Shadowland issues.
    I think they set the issues out in the Omni in the best way they could. At a squeeze, they could of tried to intermingle the one-shots between the DD and Shadowland issues but the editors probably thought that it would break up the flow of the main event. I think putting DD #512 at the end was the best call as it takes place after all the previous issues (crossovers et all) and leads into the Reborn mini-series. Also, both DD #512 and After the Fall fit well at the end as they close out Shadowland before Reborn.

If you want a chronological order and flip a lot of pages, try the below:

Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil
    Shadowland #1
    Shadowland: Bullseye #1
    Shadowland: Elektra #1
    Daredevil #508
    Daredevil #509
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #1
    Shadowland #2
    Shadowland #3
    Shadowland: Spider-Man #1
    Shadowland: Ghost Rider #1
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #2
    Shadowland: Moon Knight #3
    Shadowland: Power Man #1*(2010)
    Shadowland: Power Man #2
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #1
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #2
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #3
    Shadowland: Blood On The Streets #4
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #1
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #2
    Shadowland: Daughters Of The Shadow #3
    Thunderbolts #148
    Thunderbolts #149
    Daredevil #510
    Shadowland: Power Man #3
    Shadowland: Power Man #4
    Shadowland #4
    Daredevil #511
    Shadowland #5
    Daredevil #512
    Shadowland: After The Fall #1
    Reborn #1-4

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I loved this as it came out - it was a great bunch of smaller characters who had an opportunity to step into the spotlight. It was definitely better at the start, but it is a good, self contained run for an omnibus

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Krisis are you gonna break down the Most Wanted omnibus' on your site again like you did last year? Really enjoyed those.
    Agreed, I know Krisis had a lot on last year, but I really missed the write ups he was not able to do. The Krisis articles are how I found the poll and what I look forward to with the big event.
    I really hope he can find the time to do it again this year!

What are the most recent omnibuses to go oop and command more than cover price?