Page 817 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3177177678078138148158168178188198208218278679171317 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,255 of 20754
    Extraordinary Member

I was hoping Canada would be 'better' than the UK.

Extraordinary Member

I can't seem to find a single edition of Alias ultimate collection one.

I've had a monthly preorder with DCBS since 2011, but their customer support is really falling off for me lately. First it was days between email responses, now I'm at a week with no response. Thinking of moving to the other side of the house (IST) or finding a different site to order through. Any suggestions? Those of you that order through IST, is it a pain trying to track weekly releases to make sure you nab as many 50% deals as you can? Do you find you spend about the same as you would if you preordered? How about other sites, can anyone out there touch DCBS/IST on prices?

Other than social media, does anyone know of a way to contact DCBS to give some feedback on what's become, in my opinion, their absentee customer support?

Thanks for any help.

All-New Member

Agreed! Since the move DCBS seems like a different company. I’ve since had two orders mailed to the wrong address. Thank goodness both were found and recovered, but it took almost a month for one order to find its way back to me. The other order was repacked, but half of my order was dinged and damaged when I got it. And the customer service has become worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgear View Post
    Agreed! Since the move DCBS seems like a different company. I’ve since had two orders mailed to the wrong address. Thank goodness both were found and recovered, but it took almost a month for one order to find its way back to me. The other order was repacked, but half of my order was dinged and damaged when I got it. And the customer service has become worse.
    Whoa, I fortunately haven't had anything quite that bad happen to me. Thanks for weighing in. They'd been so great to me in the past, I thought maybe I was overreacting.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I haven't been able to find a non-library copy for less than $40, but I'll keep looking. I'm in Canada so that's probably why. Thanks for answering!
    Better go for OHC if you can find it for a decent price. But if you can't find the OHC the PHC is fine. The old Marvel PHC is really built to last and can lay open flat with very little gutter lost.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Better go for OHC if you can find it for a decent price. But if you can't find the OHC the PHC is fine. The old Marvel PHC is really built to last and can lay open flat with very little gutter lost.
    Okay thanks for the input, that is very helpful! Good to know the PHC are decent quality.

Amazing Member

Hi everyone I'm new here. I've recently started getting into picking up Hardcovers and Omnibus editions and had a few questions about certain books. I've read that the 2017 release of Walt Simonson's Thor Omnibus had some binding issues, is this true? Was really hoping to pick it up but worry about the book falling apart on me after a few days.

Also how are the binding/quality on the Jack Kirbys Fourth World Omnibus as well as the Batman Knightfall Vol 1 Omnibus.

I posted this in another thread as well without realizing it was a thread about Independant companies omnibuses >_<

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new here. I've recently started getting into picking up Hardcovers and Omnibus editions and had a few questions about certain books. I've read that the 2017 release of Walt Simonson's Thor Omnibus had some binding issues, is this true? Was really hoping to pick it up but worry about the book falling apart on me after a few days.

Also how are the binding/quality on the Jack Kirbys Fourth World Omnibus as well as the Batman Knightfall Vol 1 Omnibus.

I posted this in another thread as well without realizing it was a thread about Independant companies omnibuses >_<
    Welcome to the club!

My 2017 Walt Simonson's Thor Omni does not have any binding issues. As with any book, just make sure to relax the spine before diving into it. It lays flat fine and have little gutter loss.

DC Omnis are known to have tighter binding compared to Marvel Omnis and as a result the don't lay flat easily and do have gutter loss, especially on the bigger books like the ones you mentioned. But they hold up well.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

If you buy a Fourth World (and you should!) be sure you are getting a 2nd print--also known as the *corrected* version. So better to buy that off of IST than, for instance, Amazon.

Incredible Member

I don't find the Fourth World Binding great (not sure if the 2nd print is any different there). It is an older page style though so gutter loss isn't too much of an issue.

BANNED

I read more than half of Wolverine Epic Collection: Madripoor Nights and it's ok so far but i kind of got bored because of lack of a good villain. All the villains in the book so far are C listers or something. May be only the Silver Samurai was a B lister...

Amazing Member

What should I read after the Realm of Kings Omnibus if I want to continue to follow the characters? Do I go straight to Bendis' Guardians run? Or maybe Hickman's FF for some Inhuman stuff? Could really use some help

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    What should I read after the Realm of Kings Omnibus if I want to continue to follow the characters? Do I go straight to Bendis' Guardians run? Or maybe Hickman's FF for some Inhuman stuff? Could really use some help
    I would definitely recommend checking out Hickman's FF, then probably his Avengers & New Avengers run as well. Bendis' GOTG is good too, it follows up on Thanos Imperative. If you're going to read Bendis' GOTG consider reading his Avengers Assemble #1-8, it sets up his Guardians run. I'd also suggest Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuiness' Nova, it isn't really related to Richard Rider but it is still a nice read.

Extraordinary Member

Are people hot on Claremonts X-Men omnibuses, vol 1/2?