Page 82 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586921321825821082 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I wonder of the forthcoming Epic caused sellers who were holding it to try and move it?
    I think the listings are from drop shippers. They probably dipped low in price thanks to a competing pricing algorithm error. I would bet they couldn't even fulfill the orders, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    There is the ghosts tpb and the new epic collection that also plugs that gap, neither seem to be going oop any time soon. So I guess UXM4 is going to take it's sweet ass time getting released?
    My estimative is based on the fact that volume 3 is coming out next year and UXM omnibus sell well.
    Unless they have major UXM events or runs to Omnify I guess it’s the most probable X-related title!

I can think of a couple of X-omnibus I'd love to come out like:
    - X-Men: Legacy Omnibus (X-Men: Legacy Vol. 1 #208–218 +X-Men: The Unlikely Saga of Xavier, Magneto and Stan one-shot and X-Men: Odd One Out one-shot + X-Men Original Sin one-shot and Wolverine: Origins #28–30 )

- Decimation Omnibus (House of M: The Day After #1, Mutopia X #5, Sentinel Squad O*N*E #1-5, X-Men #177-179, New Excalibur #1-3, X-Men Unlimited #13, Uncanny X-Men #466-468, X-Men: The 198 Files #1, X-Factor #1-4, Son of M #1-3, X-Men: 198 #1-5, Generation M #1-5, New X-Men #20-23, Son of M #4-6, Wolverine #36-40. X-Men: Deadly Genesis #1-6, New Avengers #16-20)

- X-Men by Alan Davis Omnibus vol.1 (X-Men #85-94,X-Men ’99 Annual, X-Men: Magneto War #1, Uncanny X-Men #366-374,Wolverine #140-144, Hulk #7-8, Cable #71, Gambit #8-9, Astonishing X-Men #1-3)

- X-Men by Alan Davis Omnibus vol.2 / Apocalypse: The Twelve Omnibus (Uncanny X-Men #375-380+Annual 1999, Cable #72-78, X-Men #95-99, X-Men Unlimited #25-26, Wolverine #145-149, X-Man #59-60, X-Force #101, X-Men: The Search for Cyclops #1-4)

Or one that combines the 2 TPBs:

- Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix (with: Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix 1-4, X-Men: Books of Askani, Askani'Son 1-4, Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix 1-4 )
    - Rise of Apocalypse (the collection from hachette)

but UMX 4 is much more probable so i'm betting 2017 will see it come out!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ice Man and Nightcrawler had mini series. I think Firestar did as well.
    Yep, all three of them got minis; Nightcrawler's is included in this month's Epic Collection, in fact, along with the 2-issue X-Men and Alpha Flight mini. Beauty and the Beast (Dazzler and Hank McCoy) and Longshot come to mind as other possibilities.

You guys have a lot of faith in the marvel collected editions department.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Assuming that UXM volume 4 completed the gap up to Mutant Massacre (thru #209) AND that a subsequent OHC volume filled the small gap between Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants, it would be feasible to collect X-Men #1 through Uncanny X-Men #306, completely in OHC. (Additionally, #307 is available in HC but not oversized.) Krisis, please check my math on this.
    Even if a Vol. 4 could collect through the Ghosts TPB, there's a brief post-Mutant Massacre gap that remains uncovered prior to the FotM issues. Otherwise, your statement is true
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

It won't happen but how nice would it be to see the Uncanny X-force omnibus reprinted since there is a lot of Apocalypse/Archangel stuff in there?

Also, holy crap I knew the Messiah War OHC was expensive but the TPB is pretty darn expensive too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    It won't happen but how nice would it be to see the Uncanny X-force omnibus reprinted since there is a lot of Apocalypse/Archangel stuff in there?

Also, holy crap I knew the Messiah War OHC was expensive but the TPB is pretty darn expensive too!
    Are you looking for it? I got one (TPB) kicking around for trade I think.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Are you looking for it? I got one (TPB) kicking around for trade I think.
    Thanks for the offer but I actually snagged it off eBay for $20. It just surprised me because I gave up waiting for the OHC to drop below the $75 mark on eBay and Amazon and went to look for the TPB thinking it would be cheaper and boy was I wrong. The going rate for a new copy seems to be $40-$50. If you don't want it I'd say you could get a decent price for it.

I also landed New Avengers vol. 4 OHC for $28 just a few minutes ago so I can finally complete Bendis' first run of New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Yep, all three of them got minis; Nightcrawler's is included in this month's Epic Collection, in fact, along with the 2-issue X-Men and Alpha Flight mini. Beauty and the Beast (Dazzler and Hank McCoy) and Longshot come to mind as other possibilities.
    Yeah, I forgot about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    You guys have a lot of faith in the marvel collected editions department.
    Man, can't you find a parade to go rain on or something??? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Man, can't you find a parade to go rain on or something??? LOL
    Also, the paper will be substandard.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Even if a Vol. 4 could collect through the Ghosts TPB, there's a brief post-Mutant Massacre gap that remains uncovered prior to the FotM issues. Otherwise, your statement is true
    Thanks! Buried somewhere in my original response, I actually point out the very gap you mention above too. My 306-issue span therefore presumes not only a UXM v4 but an additional OHC.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    For anyone looking for the Hulk Omnibus there are currently two book sellers on Amazon's marketplace with brand new copies for sale. They must have uncovered some stock of these as this has been OOP for awhile and they are selling for around $80 which includes $3.99 shipping.

You would also be covered by Amazons A to Z guarantee if they don't package it properly and it arrives damaged.
    Thanks for pointing out this opportunity to grab an OOP Silver Age volume at a reasonable price! FYI, I ordered this from one of these two Marketplace sellers yesterday and got my shipping confirmation email about six hours later. Seems legit so far...

I just finished reading Alias before continuing watching Jessica Jones and it was a very fun read. Man what a mess she is! I love the scene when she meets up with Scott Lang again and he tells her "I don't need that kind of crazy in my life"

Anyway it was my first Bendis and now I get what you guys are talking about the 'real life' verbose. Sometimes it really works and others it just doesn't feel natural. I'll form of final opinion after I read USM, Sam and Twitch and Daredevil.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I just finished reading Alias before continuing watching Jessica Jones and it was a very fun read. Man what a mess she is! I love the scene when she meets up with Scott Lang again and he tells her "I don't need that kind of crazy in my life"

Anyway it was my first Bendis and now I get what you guys are talking about the 'real life' verbose. Sometimes it really works and others it just doesn't feel natural. I'll form of final opinion after I read USM, Sam and Twitch and Daredevil.
    The works you reference - USM, Sam and Twitch, DD, are some of is best stuff. That's not what most people complain about. A lot of people don't like his Guardians or Avengers or X-Men, I personally loved his Avengers. I didn't mind Guardians, but X-Men was a mess in my opinion.

Also, I think Sam and Twitch might be his best work. If you like that and DD, also check out Powers. The early stuff is excellent.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

For me, Bendis shines with new characters or in his owb work.

Where Bendis sucks is with continuity heavy characters or concepts above street level. He really struggles to deliver epic, but he can nail personal.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God