Page 821 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3217217718118178188198208218228238248258318719211321 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Handbook of the Marvel Universe, entire issues by Miller? I wanted to say all these collected as an omnibus... pretty close.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    What do folks thing of Mark Waid and CaptainAmerica/?
    You mean Mark Waid's run on Captain America? Most people speak highly of it. The art by Kubert is good, but colouring is very 90s.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Can I ask which of the Uncanny X-men volumes is likely to go oop first? If I want to chip away at the 3 books over the summer, it'd be a priority to avoid one going oop in the mean time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I would wager vol. 1 will be an evergreen title at Marvel and they will keep reprinting them if they go out of print.
    Vol. 2 also recently got reprinted and they may reprint this in line with demand for vol. 1 and other volumes, but maybe less so just on the fact that it is a vol. 2.
    So I suggest go for vol. 3 first and work your way back from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    My guess would be 3.
    That would also be my guess - Vol. 3. Vols 1-2, like ASM Vols 1-2 and Fantastic Four Vols 1-2 and possibly Daredevil Miller will be reprinted from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Too bad they didn't do a proper Bronze Age Iron Fist omnibus instead of collecting it with the rest of that other crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Agreed. Easy pass along with the Miller hodgepodge
    Yes, totally agree. I reckon the Miller and Byrne Vol. 2 Omnibuses will have pretty low numbers. Both a real mishmash hodgepodge.

Instead of a reprint of the Epic IF, they could have given us an Omnibus in line with Season 2. They gave us a ton of Punisher Omnis, one Iron Fist Omnibus would be much appreciated.

Just realised I left out vital information.

I meant MARK wAID / Garney and kubert
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    You mean Mark Waid's run on Captain America? Most people speak highly of it. The art by Kubert is good, but colouring is very 90s.
    I haven't read the material, but I picked up the Omnibus and it's a beautiful book. Colouring definitely 90s but it all looks great in oversized format. If you're a CA fan, I'd recommend it.

MARVEL UNIVERSE BY FRANK MILLER OMNIBUS Cover by FRANK MILLER:

MARVEL UNIVERSE BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 Cover by JOHN BYRNE:

JEPH LOEB & TIM SALE: YELLOW, BLUE, GRAY & WHITE OMNIBUS Cover by TIM SALE:

FANTASTIC FOUR BY WAID & WIERINGO OMNIBUS Cover by MIKE WIERINGO:

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL. 20 HC Cover by FRANK MILLER:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RED GOBLIN OHC Cover by ALEX ROSS:

Just realised I left out vital information.

I meant MARK wAID / Garnet and kuber
    ok this is probably an unpopular opinion but here it goes:
    I've picked up the epic collection when it came out and was so excited to finally read this fan favourite run so as soon as it arrived I've cracked it open and.... my enthusiasm died within like 3 issues.
    Garney's art came off as amateurish and while I can see what Waid was doing, making Cap vulnerable and then gradually bring him back to his original form, he just came off as pathetic and useless. Like in Fear Itself when he is firing a machine gun and shouting some inspirational lines at particularly no one (well at least that's the image I have in my head, it's been a while since I've read FI).
    I think Brubaker managed to deconstruct Cap so much better. And I've read other takes on Cap too, I liked what Johns did in his short Avengers run, I liked Stern's run and I've even enjoyed McKenzie's stuff (or at least the few issues I've read) although I know it's not considered to be the best. Haven't read Gruenwald yet I was just mentioning the other writers to put my opinion into perspective.
    So I've ended up not even finishing the book and just gave it to a friend along with the first Priest Black Panther complete coll. or maybe sold it along with WWHulk and Planet Hulk and Miracle man vol 1(that was a particularly bad month of Marvel stuff I've read).
    But I know a lot of people love this run although, not to disregard their opinion, but it might be for the same reason some people love Busiek's Avengers, because after a really bad "90s garbage" period they've brought the title back to their roots.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. So if I order book 3 today, it would be my best bet to grab vol. 2 in the next few weeks.

One other question, there are other Claremont X-Men omnibuses, that are set after vol. 3. Like Massacre & Revolution. Can I skip these or do they fill in gaps?
    Mutant Massacre, if I understand the math right, would follow a hypothetical UXM v4 (there is a ~35 issue gap between vol 3 and Massacre). There is a short gap after that, then Fall of the Mutants. I highly recommend using this site all the time, btw
    http://crushingkrisis.com/definitive...ovels/#omnibus

Revolution is much much further down the line, continuity wise and so you can skip that one.

Mighty Member

The new MM omni will fill those gaps afterwards if I'm not mistaken. Also, i think the consensus is it will take 2 more omnis to bridge that gap from vol 3 once you factor in all the ancillary material that will more than likely be included