Page 835 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3357357858258318328338348358368378388398458859351335 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 20773
    Incredible Member

The problem with "all time great" labels is that it sometimes sets expectations so high, they can never be met.
    for X-Men, I thought the early issues were fine. It does pick up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I mean after all the praises, i got Uncanny X-Men of Claremont and it was terrible as far as i could endure. This thing with this horrible looking characters must be beyond terrible.

edit----

Sorry for breaking anyone's heart.
    .....Crazy man

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    If you mean Marvel Presents, because that's the series with the Guardians serial, #2 has been recently reprinted along with #1 and other 70s Ulysses Bloodstone stories in a Bloodstone & the Legion of Monsters trade.
    Good to see another stranded issue collected and all the original MP material reprinted!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    yes, i read it in english. After especially the attitude of some X-Men fans. There were comments under Green Lantern preview at newsarama like ''thank god for x-men, what is this crap'' etc. And i was like, wow this X-Men must be really good. It must be the best written super hero stuff... And i got Claremont Omnibuses and it was X-Men teaming up with lepricorns at cassedy keep or some other dumb crap like that... unbareable.
    Ha ha...So true....Like others I would encourage you to read further as it does get better. But, keep in mind, Claremont - for all his praise - was a better idea man than he was a writer. He was very clunky.

Hard past few weeks for the wallet...and now we have Hickman Avengers vol. 2 and Sorcerer Supreme vol. 2 omnibuses next week

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Hard past few weeks for the wallet...and now we have Hickman Avengers vol. 2 and Sorcerer Supreme vol. 2 omnibuses next week
    That's just the tip of the iceberg for next week in the totality of Omni land.
    Batman by Morrison
    TMNT Ongoing vol.7 OHC

Both of those are on my list making 4 pricey books even at IST discount.
    I'll get the Marvel 2 and postpone the other 2. However, my postponed pile is now growing. Drats!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I have been slowing down a bit on my purchases after seeing some books go for bigger discounts not long after release earlier this year on IST coupled with some big home project bills looming. I will definitely grab Hickman on release as his books are high demand, but i will likely wait on the Sorcerer Supreme for a bit since Vol 1 is still readily available I don't see this one flying off the shelves. Unfortunately this leaves me in a similar situation as Captain Craig above my postpone/wish list pile is stacking up.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Batman by Morrison
    TMNT Ongoing vol.7 OHC

I'll get the Marvel 2 and postpone the other 2. However, my postponed pile is now growing. Drats!!
    Ah yes. I'm personally passing on the Batman by Morrison omnibus because I really don't trust DC to include it all and put it all in the proper order, and I already have the run in the current OHC/Absolute format (with the exception of Time and the Batman of course). DC screwed up so badly releasing this seminal run it's laughable.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm also holding out for a better discount this November thru December time frame for some books.
    I try to get most Marvel books first, everything else second when a week becomes heavy like this upcoming one is going to be.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm aiming to pick up Hickman's Avengers 2 and Morrison's Batman 1. DC Omnibuses rarely get better discounts than 50% on IST, Marvel more often get much larger discounts. If I want a DC Omnibus, I usually get it on release week from IST unless there's a better discount elsewhere such as the initial £28 price tag of the Super Sons Omnibus on amazon.co.uk.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm aiming to pick up Hickman's Avengers 2 and Morrison's Batman 1. DC Omnibuses rarely get better discounts than 50% on IST, Marvel more often get much larger discounts. If I want a DC Omnibus, I usually get it on release week from IST unless there's a better discount elsewhere such as the initial £28 price tag of the Super Sons Omnibus on amazon.co.uk.
    I'm right there with you. Not to keen on buying DC omnis at release tho, based on the recent rise of misprints in their books.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Batman by Morrison
    TMNT Ongoing vol.7 OHC

Just glancing at my list for the end of July and I have:

Hickman Avengers
    Morrison Batman
    Abe Sapien HC
    Absolute Authority v. 2
    Wonder Woman deluxe 2
    Letter 44
    Punisher Max v. 2

I'm glad I sold a bunch of stuff recently. Geez.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Just glancing at my list for the end of July and I have:

Hickman Avengers
    Morrison Batman
    Abe Sapien HC
    Absolute Authority v. 2
    Wonder Woman deluxe 2
    Letter 44
    Punisher Max v. 2

I'm glad I sold a bunch of stuff recently. Geez.
    I passed on the first Punisher MAX omni because I had all the issues in OHC, but need v2 to complete the series. Kind of torn on whether I should buy it or not...since buying the OHCs I mentioned, I came up with a policy of "Nothing before 1993!" policy when buying stuff in print. Mostly to keep my books in check, and not have too much to move when the time comes.

Anybody pick up venOmnibus and have binding issues? If so are you returning or keeping? I guess this is common with past few Omni's with a bunch due out I hope they fix this.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor02 View Post
    Anybody pick up venOmnibus and have binding issues? If so are you returning or keeping? I guess this is common with past few Omni's with a bunch due out I hope they fix this.
    Yeah it seems like they've been having alot of issues recently. Seems many Runaways omnis have issues, as do the Miles Morales Ultimate Spiderman where the entire top portion separated from the binding. Hearing about other recent Marvel books having the issue as well is making me really hesitant on wanting to pick up future marvel omnis. Hope they get sorted out whatever is going on, cause it sucks that 2 recent omnis I got from them had bad issues.