Page 837 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 3377377878278338348358368378388398408418478879371337 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,555 of 20730
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Nah, the new color is what ruins it
    I'm not a fan of changing things, but I really did like the coloring job.

Anyone know how the binding is on the Avengers Hickman Omnibus Vol 2? Ever since the Miles Omni not being properly glued the the ribbon, I've been irritated with marvel's omnibus line. I haven't bought the others with this problem, probably won't because how cheap and lazy marvel has gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Player One View Post
    Anyone know how the binding is on the Avengers Hickman Omnibus Vol 2? Ever since the Miles Omni not being properly glued the the ribbon, I've been irritated with marvel's omnibus line. I haven't bought the others with this problem, probably won't because how cheap and lazy marvel has gotten.
    "Ever since"? Miles Morales came out a few weeks ago.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Generations is pretty good. I wasn't expecting much, but the stories are ok. They all seem to end in the same way, however.

Amazing Member

Yeah I'm waiting a few weeks on this one myself after having both a bad Miles Omni and Runaways omni. Plus I would like to get the first one, but it's already Out of Print it looks like

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Does anyone know why the Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted infinite comics weren't included in the Wolverine Goes to Hell Omnibus? They were plotted by Aaron and follow up on the story from Wolverine #300-304, which is included in the omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    Does anyone know why the Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted infinite comics weren't included in the Wolverine Goes to Hell Omnibus? They were plotted by Aaron and follow up on the story from Wolverine #300-304, which is included in the omnibus.
    I was pissed off that this was missing too. If you're going to Omnibus something, bloody well include it all!
    Last edited by jm21; 07-07-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Received my Hickman Avengers v2 omni from IST today. No problems at all with the book or binding, excellent all the way around. I'd also add that I have a bunch of Marvel omnis and have never had any major issues with the binding, knock on wood. These are usually isolated issues when they happen.

Also of note to anybody on the fence with these, I usually prefer smaller multiple volume deluxe oversized hardcovers over omnis if I have a choice. These omnis are one of the rare exceptions where I prefer the omnis. All of the Avengers and New Avengers issues are intertwined and in the correct timeline reading order. I don't know if the first volume is almost out of print or not, but I'd recommend getting it now if you're interested. It also needs to be mentioned, especially for anybody new to comics since 2015, you'll also need to get the Hickman 2015 Secret Wars oversized hardcover to get the ending to his run, unfortunately it's not included in the omni. I also have no idea if it's out of print yet or not.

Spectacular Member

Does Hickman Avengers Omni 2 lead right into the Secret Wars collected edition? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Does Hickman Avengers Omni 2 lead right into the Secret Wars collected edition? Thanks!
    Yep, the omnis cover the entire run except Secret Wars. Once you finish volume 2, you can dive right into Secret Wars.

Spectacular Member

So my copy of the Miles Spider-Man omni has the same problem most people are showing, but it reads fine even with the glue separated. I live in Canada, so I have very little choice when it comes to returns or alternate sellers. Does this really matter for anything other than aesthetics? The signatures stay together just fine.

If it's really important, how do I repair it? What kind of glue/technique?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I'm also surprised this was missing, as they included Dracula's Gauntlet in the relevant Deadpool omnibus, and at under 1000 pages it isn't like they were lacking for space.

It was more of a long shot, with it being set after the Wolverine and the X-Men omnibus, but I was hoping for Amazing X-Men 1 - 6 as well. Wolverine is in it, and as far as I'm aware it is the only X Men / Wolverine material left from Aaron not to be available in an oversized format. (remember Japan's Most Wanted does have an OHC)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSmith24 View Post
    I'm also surprised this was missing, as they included Dracula's Gauntlet in the relevant Deadpool omnibus, and at under 1000 pages it isn't like they were lacking for space.

It was more of a long shot, with it being set after the Wolverine and the X-Men omnibus, but I was hoping for Amazing X-Men 1 - 6 as well. Wolverine is in it, and as far as I'm aware it is the only X Men / Wolverine material left from Aaron not to be available in an oversized format. (remember Japan's Most Wanted does have an OHC)
    Fair points!

I might order that JMW OHC then.
    I loved Amazing X-Men, so I always hoped they would do a full collection OHC (tpb more likely I guess though)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    So my copy of the Miles Spider-Man omni has the same problem most people are showing, but it reads fine even with the glue separated. I live in Canada, so I have very little choice when it comes to returns or alternate sellers. Does this really matter for anything other than aesthetics? The signatures stay together just fine.

If it's really important, how do I repair it? What kind of glue/technique?

here is a discussion and solution on this forum a few years back

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have just gotten my Avengers by Hickman vol.2 and Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme vol. 2 today. Both books look great and the spines needed little relaxing, they are not tight. Reading the middle 3/4 of each of the books behave like they'll lay flat. The first and last 1/8 of them will require holding some though.

Now that Hickman' Avenger run is largely collected and done what are we likely to get next year(movie tie-in as we are used to getting)? I'm hoping for an Avengers vol.4 that picks up with the Kree/Skull war and continues thru about #119(w/Collector). That leaves room to add a few other ancillary titles that might overlap like a Defenders issue or two.

Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme is now 2/3 collected. Leaving only 31 issues left, easily collected. However, volume 3 would start with issue #60 which itself is part 7 of a larger Midnight Sons crossover. I don't like that and I doubt Strange is fully relevant in the other 6 issues. Maybe collect relevant material and place ahead of issue #60 then go forward? It looks like after that the title is mostly self-contained narratively with maybe one other exception. The run ends at issue #90.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime