Page 840 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 3407407908308368378388398408418428438448508909401340 ... LastLast
Results 12,586 to 12,600 of 20716
    Extraordinary Member

Come on guys its all love here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Go be a dick somewhere else
    Ouch - wasn't trying to be!
    I actually thought that was a pretty positive way to look at the collection, having so few missing volumes!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Come on guys its all love here.
    Exactly, that was uncalled for

Spectacular Member

I do fully understand the word consecutive. When it comes to Omnibuses, consecutive refers to mapping, and every example of Marvel's mapping has Volume 3 being the MMW 7 and 8 issues.

Mapping is about giving a reader an ability to read the key appearances of the key characters in the title of the Omnibus. Its not necessarily about the title of the comics, nor is it about including each appearance, its about KEY appearances of those characters. (e.g. Punisher Back to War Omnibus 1 has only 5 Punisher titled comics, and the Wolverine Omnibus includes a number of appearances in other titles).There are people who devote much of their time to this because the idea is not to give a comprehensive reprint of every appearance of those characters in various titles but the idea is to give the reader the essential story of those characters. Sometimes an appearance is summarised, or a few panels are taken from that appearance (as in the John Byrne Alpha Flight Omnibus when the FF appear) That's primarily Jeph York's job; its rarely ever simply a case of just collecting the title of a comic. It takes a deep knowledge of Marvel comics' publishing history to ensure the reader gets the proper reading experience. That's been a cornerstone of Marvel's reprint policy.

Mapping consecutive key appearances is how Marvel determines the order of its reprints in the Omnibus, Masterworks and Epic format. While the included comics in these three formats are not always exactly the same, there has not been a single instance where they were 500 plus pages worth of comics in disparity. Case in point, there are key appearances of all of the original X-men and Magneto in those comics. The Claremont run references a number of these (Beast's change of appearance and Magento's status when he reappears). Marvel sees these issues as essential to closing out the chapter of the original X-men run, and as part of the key appearances of those characters.

Astonishing Member

So I guess you're missing what myself and others in this conversation are focusing on when we talk about consecutive volumes. They're tied to CONSECUTIVE issues in a series, not whatever appearances were made at a certain time (or what a MMW has included). So, yes . . . volume 3 is Claremont.

Based on your argument, Uncanny X-men # 175 wouldn't be included in volume 3 because Marvel would be too busy collecting every other X-Men appearance prior to that. Do the omnibus books collect mini-series? Sure, but they're more gravy than anything else.

As of now, we have 5 volumes of X-Men that collect 1-175, some annuals, etc.

And sometimes tone is lost in the printed word, so I don't want you to think I'm being a dick as I type this.
    I don't think madave is missing anything. Marvel has been doing collections, including omnibus, using the chronological appearances instead of sticking solely to one title. We've seen Wolverine and Punisher get omnibus collections of the character appearances before they had a title. The Masterwork line and Epic lines containing the outside appearances suggests the omnibus line would do the same. The fact that there was a gap in time where the title was reprints and the only original stories featuring the characters happened in outside titles means that an omnibus of those appearances would be of interest to some readers.

Volume 2 and 3 of the X-Men omnibus contain issues outside the main series. They have included spin off mini series, guest appearances in Avengers and Marvel Team Up, as well as X-Men stories in Marvel Fanfare, Graphic novels, the magazine line, What If, and extra material from the various Special Editions relating to the X-Men. Even the classic X-Men omnibus throws in extra character stories from Kazar and Marvel Tales. They even through in a Not Brand Echh story.

Krisis has many posts talking about possible mapping of omnibus lines depending on the contents. He's been right a lot about the content when the new volumes are released. You only have to look at the omnibus releases from the past few years to see that Marvel is using a kitchen sink and all approach when collecting material.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

You're welcome Marvel Omni Fans.

Yesterday I purchased a copy of Death of Captain America Omni off of a newer Amazon Seller. It's listed as Very Good and had pics. They say it will ship in a box.
    I paid $200usd which means once the 2Q solicits for 2019 appear we are sure to get the reprint.

You're welcome.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    You're welcome Marvel Omni Fans.

Yesterday I purchased a copy of Death of Captain America Omni off of a newer Amazon Seller. It's listed as Very Good and had pics. They say it will ship in a box.
    I paid $200usd which means once the 2Q solicits for 2019 appear we are sure to get the reprint.

You're welcome.
    Can you buy Bendis' Daredevil volumes please - they are my last whales and I have been waiting for reprints

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I do fully understand the word consecutive. When it comes to Omnibuses, consecutive refers to mapping, and every example of Marvel's mapping has Volume 3 being the MMW 7 and 8 issues.

Mapping is about giving a reader an ability to read the key appearances of the key characters in the title of the Omnibus. Its not necessarily about the title of the comics, nor is it about including each appearance, its about KEY appearances of those characters. (e.g. Punisher Back to War Omnibus 1 has only 5 Punisher titled comics, and the Wolverine Omnibus includes a number of appearances in other titles).There are people who devote much of their time to this because the idea is not to give a comprehensive reprint of every appearance of those characters in various titles but the idea is to give the reader the essential story of those characters. Sometimes an appearance is summarised, or a few panels are taken from that appearance (as in the John Byrne Alpha Flight Omnibus when the FF appear) That's primarily Jeph York's job; its rarely ever simply a case of just collecting the title of a comic. It takes a deep knowledge of Marvel comics' publishing history to ensure the reader gets the proper reading experience. That's been a cornerstone of Marvel's reprint policy.

Mapping consecutive key appearances is how Marvel determines the order of its reprints in the Omnibus, Masterworks and Epic format. While the included comics in these three formats are not always exactly the same, there has not been a single instance where they were 500 plus pages worth of comics in disparity. Case in point, there are key appearances of all of the original X-men and Magneto in those comics. The Claremont run references a number of these (Beast's change of appearance and Magento's status when he reappears). Marvel sees these issues as essential to closing out the chapter of the original X-men run, and as part of the key appearances of those characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I don't think madave is missing anything. Marvel has been doing collections, including omnibus, using the chronological appearances instead of sticking solely to one title. We've seen Wolverine and Punisher get omnibus collections of the character appearances before they had a title. The Masterwork line and Epic lines containing the outside appearances suggests the omnibus line would do the same. The fact that there was a gap in time where the title was reprints and the only original stories featuring the characters happened in outside titles means that an omnibus of those appearances would be of interest to some readers.

Volume 2 and 3 of the X-Men omnibus contain issues outside the main series. They have included spin off mini series, guest appearances in Avengers and Marvel Team Up, as well as X-Men stories in Marvel Fanfare, Graphic novels, the magazine line, What If, and extra material from the various Special Editions relating to the X-Men. Even the classic X-Men omnibus throws in extra character stories from Kazar and Marvel Tales. They even through in a Not Brand Echh story.

Krisis has many posts talking about possible mapping of omnibus lines depending on the contents. He's been right a lot about the content when the new volumes are released. You only have to look at the omnibus releases from the past few years to see that Marvel is using a kitchen sink and all approach when collecting material.

This is all I am going to say about this because I feel like we've all wasted enough time. However if you both go back to the original discussion it was about consecutive issues in a series. Yes, granted the X-Men books do you have spinoffs, one shots, annuals, etc. However they are a collection of consecutive issues at the end of the day. That’s what I’m getting at - not a map - but a consecutive run in a series. I think at this point we are comparing apples to oranges.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 07-12-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Exactly, that was uncalled for
    My apologies.

Spectacular Member

My apologies.
    Accepted - thank you

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

You're welcome.
    Sorry, how does that mean it will get a reprint in 2019? I'm not as familiar as most of you are with reading into things like this. I don't get your logic here.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Sorry, how does that mean it will get a reprint in 2019? I'm not as familiar as most of you are with reading into things like this. I don't get your logic here.
    He's saying since he caved and bought the Death of Omnibus, it will be his unfortunate luck that omnibus will be reprinted in the future sometime soon, like a year from now. It's supposed to be cheeky.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Oh lol. Right over my head. Thanks.

And DAMMIT I thought there was some hope.. xD

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Like washing your car and then it rains. haha

Amazing Member

I really hope Kickman Avengers Omnibus Vol 1 gets a reprint. I wanna get Volume 2, but it's kinda hard when I can't even get volume 1