Page 841 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3417417918318378388398408418428438448458518919411341 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,615 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    I really hope Kickman Avengers Omnibus Vol 1 gets a reprint. I wanna get Volume 2, but it's kinda hard when I can't even get volume 1
    For what its worth, I don't think volume 1 is sold out everywhere. I could still order it right now from Indigo (Canada). If you wanted to you could also order it from amazon.co.uk right now as well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This is all I am going to say about this because I feel like we've all wasted enough time. However if you both go back to the original discussion it was about consecutive issues in a series. Yes, granted the X-Men books do you have spinoffs, one shots, annuals, etc. However they are a collection of consecutive issues at the end of the day. That’s what I’m getting at - not a map - but a consecutive run in a series. I think at this point we are comparing apples to oranges.
    Sorry, but I did read the posts. There was a reference to consecutive Omnibus titles. But you know that if those issues were ever released it is just as likely that the MMW 7 and 8 issues would be released as X-men Omnibus 3. You seem to be clutching at straws here; if you are genuinely wanting a consecutive run of X-men issues in hardback format then by your own logic its already impossible when non-X-men issues like Avengers appear or when we get to Claremont Omnibus 3 and there are numerous non-X-men titles included.

We shouldn't be happy to accept a five year gap in the title of an Omnibus series called 'X-men' when the main characters were featured in many titles, and a number of those stories had a lasting impact. The plot from Defenders is relevant for Claremont's early issues and even Jim Lee's X-men title. I've never seen anyone, except you, who would be happy to just have a run of the specific title regardless of how disjointed or unfulfilling the reading experience was. The content of every Omnibus connects to the title; that title is X-men, and for some reason you are asserting that readers should be happy to have uncollected five years worth of appearances of the X-men team. No one else thinks like this. Marvel has never, anywhere, asserted that an Omnibus is a run of a particular title of comics. I have never seen anyone else assert that. If that was what you thought you were discussing, fine, I guess. But that's not how collected editions work, nor what Marvel means when it numbers consecutive volumes of Omnibuses.

This has got silly; I'm not sure if you originally did not know about those issues, or forgot about them (I guess the former as your initial response indicates that even though I explicitly said that there appearances that have been printed in MMW and planned for Epic Collections, you assumed I was talking about the 66-93 issue reprints.) Whichever reason, you're now steadfastly sticking to this arbitrary 'consecutive issues' proposition which makes no sense and is incompatible with the already printed X-men Omnibuses. I'm sorry this has got a bit frosty, but you've repeatedly overreacted here. You keep saying read the other posts, and I have. Three times now. Maybe I need to learn to re-read and, while I am it, to re-do my three law degrees.

But I digress. Yes, if you want a run of X-men titled comics, except for reprints (I don't see how you can though leave those out, since you believe that the Ominbus collects the title of the comic regardless of content), which is broken up in parts by appearances of characters in other titles, which misses a five year gap of appearances of the X-men team including comics even where they were the main characters such as Amazing Adventures, and are happy to miss out on those stories which explain why a character (who appeared for 60 plus issues and comes back halfway through the Claremont 1 Omnibus to play an integral role) has suddenly changed appearance, and why the main villain of the title was suddenly an infant, and that the title of the Omnibus changes from X-men to Uncanny X-men, and that they have big numbers on the spine saying that the supposed issues 3, 4 and 5 are in fact 1, 2 and 3, then yes you have a consecutive run of the title X-men issues. Why the reasonable reader would want that is beyond me and, evidently, beyond Marvel as well. But, apparently, that is the universal, objective and uncontroversial meaning of consecutive titles of an Omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Madave - irrespective of title, a lot of people want to see MMW vol.7 & 8 collected with John Byrne's X-Men: The Hidden Years #1-22. I doubt they will call it X-Men Omnibus vol.3, but hopefully "X-Men: The Lost Years" Omnibus or "X-Men: Lost Tales" Omnibus will give us those appearances in Omnibus format.

I have this as one of my Most Wanted votes in Tigereyes' poll

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Nice, awesome to hear! Make sure you check the Miles Morales one in about a few days or so to make sure everything is good up top. Mine ended up having the issue as well Attachment 67749
    Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Whoa, that's bad - I'll keep checking, especially now I relaxed the spine

Thanks again for highlighting guys
    Damn it!!!
    I spoke too soon - just finished Loki JiM Omnibus (which I loved) and went to take my next read off the shelf....Miles Morales. I pulled it forward and felt something give, the glue has come away from the top of the spine!

Not happy

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

Madave - irrespective of title, a lot of people want to see MMW vol.7 & 8 collected with John Byrne's X-Men: The Hidden Years #1-22. I doubt they will call it X-Men Omnibus vol.3, but hopefully "X-Men: The Lost Years" Omnibus or "X-Men: Lost Tales" Omnibus will give us those appearances in Omnibus format.

I have this as one of my Most Wanted votes in Tigereyes' poll
    According to the information listed on Amazon, the page counts for MMW vol.7 & 8 plus both X-Men: Hidden Years tpbs adds up to 1,158 pages, which would make for a very nice (if a bit large) omnibus. I would LOVE to see this happen, but I think Marvel would probably need to reprint the first two silver age X-Men omnibuses first.

I enjoy a good civilised debate about collected editions as anyone else here but how about taking a deep breath before anyone types any other comment in a passive aggressive tone next time?
    I don't mean to be condescending but could you save me the trouble of deleting 2 pages of conversation because you disagreed on the X-Men omnibuses?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Mike Allred Creates New Wraparound Cover for Silver Surfer Omnibus:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...urfer-omnibus/

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I enjoy a good civilised debate about collected editions as anyone else here but how about taking a deep breath before anyone types any other comment in a passive aggressive tone next time?
    I don't mean to be condescending but could you save me the trouble of deleting 2 pages of conversation because you disagreed on the X-Men omnibuses?
    I quit a page back. He's still going. It must be all those law degrees.
    I"d suggest just deleting the whole topic at this point.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 07-13-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Spectacular Member

Damn it!!!
    I spoke too soon - just finished Loki JiM Omnibus (which I loved) and went to take my next read off the shelf....Miles Morales. I pulled it forward and felt something give, the glue has come away from the top of the spine!

Not happy
    I posted a few days ago that mine seemed fine after relaxing the spine. Upon reading the pages have detached before I got a third of the way through the book. I'm going to try gluing it based on the advice earlier in the thread.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That's a good looking cover.

Btw, is there any consensus on the Hickman Avengers vol. 2 omni, binding wise? I'm just wondering if the previous problems with Miles/Runaways etc. was a blip.
    Seems fine. I take it from your comments you may be newer to the collected editions game, but this type of mass binding issue unfortunately occurs from time to time (i.e. The Stand Omni, Absolute Final Crisis). Of course every print run will have its lemons, but I wouldn't look at it as anything other than a blip. It sucks, but it happens. I honestly haven't heard enough about Runaways (mine seems fine) to put it in the same category.
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-13-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    I posted a few days ago that mine seemed fine after relaxing the spine. Upon reading the pages have detached before I got a third of the way through the book. I'm going to try gluing it based on the advice earlier in the thread.
    Me too, glue already ordered from Amazon!

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

As you're probably more familiar with book binding glues can you recommend a good kind?

Also, on this forum is there a way to give credit to someone (like upvotes or likes)?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    As you're probably more familiar with book binding glues can you recommend a good kind?

Also, on this forum is there a way to give credit to someone (like upvotes or likes)?
    Most on this board will recommend a PVA glue. I actually bought a scrap booking glue from Hobby Lobby and it has worked fine. It's just good to find a flexible glue that dries clear (I've even heard traditional Elmer's will work, but haven't tried). Most important is to let it the binding dry fully after application (at least 24 hrs imo). Otherwise you risk re-separating the binding before it's fully adhered.