Page 844 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3447447948348408418428438448458468478488548949441344 ... LastLast
Results 12,646 to 12,660 of 20773
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Just so I'm clear... the 2 Hickman Avengers Omnibus volumes collect these 7 over-sized hardcovers, right?

Not exactly sure, though I think all of Avengers OHC Vol 2 is collected in Infinity.

BTW how is the Infinity Hardcover? Is it okay or is it really bad compared to the other OHC? Feeling like I wanna get the OHC's cause 200$ is alot for an Omni >_<

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Not exactly sure, though I think all of Avengers OHC Vol 2 is collected in Infinity.

BTW how is the Infinity Hardcover? Is it okay or is it really bad compared to the other OHC? Feeling like I wanna get the OHC's cause 200$ is alot for an Omni >_<
    The paper used is thinner and as a result 'wavy' compared to other OHCs. But by all means it is not a bad substitute for the vol. 1 Omnibus until Marvel decides to reprint it.

Just so I'm clear... the 2 Hickman Avengers Omnibus volumes collect these 7 over-sized hardcovers, right?
    You don't need New Avengers vol. 2 (or half of NA vol. 1....)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Venomnibus vol. 2? Really?
    I was thinking the first sold very lukewarm.
    the first came out like 3 weeks ago so obviously sales numbers aren't in yet, and there's also the Venom movie coming out so it's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You don't need New Avengers vol. 2 (or half of NA vol. 1....)
    What I'm asking is do I need any of those 7 in the pic if I have the 2 Omnis.

What I'm asking is do I need any of those 7 in the pic if I have the 2 Omnis.
    Nope.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - June 2018

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for June 2018 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

18. Secret Empire TPB - 2,138
    46. Avengers: No Surrender OHC - 1,458
    78. Fantastic Four Epic Collection Vol. 21: The New Fantastic Four - 1,037
    79. Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus - 1,030
    90. Marvel Masterworks: Ant-Man Giant-Man HC Vol. 3 - 963
    94. Thor Epic Collection Vol. 23: Worldengine - 949
    106. Venomnibus Vol. 1 - 868
    118. Runaways By Brian K Vaughan & Adrian Alphona Omnibus - 799
    124. Astonishing Ant-Man: The Complete Collection - 760
    137. Deadpool By Posehn & Duggan Vol. 3: The Complete Collection - 726
    150. The Champions Classic: The Complete Collection - 653
    206. Ms. Marvel OHC Vol. 4 - 496
    286. Dakota North: Design For Dying TPB - 365
    307. Frank Cho Savage Wolverine Artist Ed HC (IDW) - 340

DC's Omnibus Sales for June 2018:

Infinite Crisis Omnibus (2nd printing) - 1,088
    Wonder Woman By George Perez Omnibus Vol. 3 - 1,002
    The Legion of Super Heroes: Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2 – 821
    Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5 – 758

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for June 2018 are in ....

106. Venomnibus Vol. 1 - 868
    A decent number I suppose but strong enough apparently for Marvel to go ahead with volume 2 since it's now solicited for 2/2019. I feel there is enough material for an Eddie Brock as Venom volume 3 as well, right up till Mac Gargan becomes the symbiote host.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

A decent number I suppose but strong enough apparently for Marvel to go ahead with volume 2 since it's now solicited for 2/2019. I feel there is enough material for an Eddie Brock as Venom volume 3 as well, right up till Mac Gargan becomes the symbiote host.
    You realize that those sales numbers, which came out today, *literally* could not have been used by Marvel in their decision to do volume 2, right?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

It wasn't so long ago when 1,200+ was considered a decent number and below 1000 a bad sell. Omnibus sales have markedly dropped in the last couple of years whereas Marvel keep churning Omnibuses out left, right and centre. I've said it before, I really don't think that Marvel incur very high costs on producing Omnibuses. They've cut down costs on the hardcover and the paper and probably in other areas we're unaware of. On the upside, we're getting a lot of Omnibuses we wouldn't earlier have dreamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You realize that those sales numbers, which came out today, *literally* could not have been used by Marvel in their decision to do volume 2, right?
    Came out publicly today. You realize companies have internal tracking methods that give them data before we know it, yes?
    When I worked for Caterpillar we did. I suspect Marvel would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It wasn't so long ago when 1,200+ was considered a decent number and below 1000 a bad sell. Omnibus sales have markedly dropped in the last couple of years whereas Marvel keep churning Omnibuses out left, right and centre. ...
    Basically in line with the monthly books. Used to be if a title got below 20K or even flirted in the low 20s for monthly sells it would be cancelled.
    That doesn't happen as regularly anymore, 15K seems to be the new-ish bar.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Came out publicly today. You realize companies have internal tracking methods that give them data before we know it, yes?
    When I worked for Caterpillar we did. I suspect Marvel would as well.
    Absolutely correct. Those numbers that Raffi posts every month are just John Jackson Miller's "guestimations" based on ranking numbers (not actual sales numbers) released by Diamond months after the actual sales numbers are known. Marvel would have known how many books Diamond was ordering even before the omnibus is printed. That's why solicitations for omnis come out like 7 months or so before the day of sale. (You probably know all this, but just throwing it out there for anyone who doesn't).

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Basically in line with the monthly books. Used to be if a title got below 20K or even flirted in the low 20s for monthly sells it would be cancelled.
    That doesn't happen as regularly anymore, 15K seems to be the new-ish bar.
    That's interesting. If you look at the Venomnibus sales numbers based on dollar amount, it would be equivalent to about 22,000 $3.99 comics. I'm sure the economics (overhead costs) of selling omnis and issues are different. But anyway, the 22,000 does get above your low bar of 15,000.