Page 847 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3477477978378438448458468478488498508518578979471347 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,705 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

With Iron Fist Season 2 set for a September Date I fear for my prediction that we would see a Brubaker Omni Reprint for this season. Maybe it will be a surprise for the a October Solis. Or it's time to spend...

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Disappointing that Marvel cheaped out on the US Miracleman books - weren't they supposed to collect them into an Omnibus by now?
    Maybe they're waiting for Gaiman and Buckingham to "finish" the series before they omnibize it. Here is a recent article about the delayed conclusion:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...ego-comic-con/

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

JoeGuy, I just came across an old link I had that might be relevant to a question you had posed about how much profit publishers get from omnis. It's not specific to omnibuses, but might give some very general parameters for how the cost/profit is shared among the various parties. The economies of scale are almost certainly different for omnis, but in any case, I think it's a pretty interesting read:

http://www.jimzub.com/the-reality-of...-owned-comics/

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    With Iron Fist Season 2 set for a September Date I fear for my prediction that we would see a Brubaker Omni Reprint for this season. Maybe it will be a surprise for the a October Solis. Or it's time to spend...
    We'll, if you do decide to purchase an overpriced copy, Marvel may very well reprint it for the rest of us

But seriously, I really want it too. It would also be great to get an Omnibus of the 2 MMWs (or Epic) along with some extra tidbits.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    We'll, if you do decide to purchase an overpriced copy, Marvel may very well reprint it for the rest of us

But seriously, I really want it too. It would also be great to get an Omnibus of the 2 MMWs (or Epic) along with some extra tidbits.
    Haha yeah I bet!

On another note : I am about to jump on a copy of the Captain Britain Omnibus for 200 Dollars because I just can't stand the search and disappointment anymore.
    Plus I am trying to tell myself that I will safe a lot of time that I need for my dissertation anyways.

Captain Britain Reprint announced Sunday on Sdcc with him being the lead of the first Disney X movie.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Haha yeah I bet!

On another note : I am about to jump on a copy of the Captain Britain Omnibus for 200 Dollars because I just can't stand the search and disappointment anymore.
    Plus I am trying to tell myself that I will safe a lot of time that I need for my dissertation anyways.

Captain Britain Reprint announced Sunday on Sdcc with him being the lead of the first Disney X movie.
    HA!

If you do end up getting the Captain Britain Omnibus and a reprint materialises down the road, feel good about the fact that you'll have the nice faux leather cover and the better quality paper. I have the Omnibus, and it's one of my favourites.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    HA!

If you do end up getting the Captain Britain Omnibus and a reprint materialises down the road, feel good about the fact that you'll have the nice faux leather cover and the better quality paper. I have the Omnibus, and it's one of my favourites.
    I guess it's decided after your encouraging words!
    It is the one really hurting gap in my collection.
    I can wait for the Daredevil Bendis ones because I read and reread the story in German volumes.
    I can even wait for the Iron Fist Brubaker one because I read a good junk of the issues already.
    But that Captain Britain book oh boy...

Extraordinary Member

Whatever the outcome, Miracleman is one of the best comics I have had the honour to read.

I have never read Miracleman.

Want volumes should I read to get all that I need ?

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Claremont's X-Men is a tough read. For some reason, I haven't enjoyed most of the first omnibus and the storylines jump too often. Hoping it gets better.
    Read Giant Size X-Men #1 and then the Dark Phoenix Saga and proceed onward.

The other stuff may be "classic" but very dated material.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I was hoping of give Cpt. America a try and was wondering if the Waid Omni is a good place to start. Is there any reason not to start there or is there something better?
    Well, "better" is always very subjective. Waid's Cap is a huge step for the character to the modern age and he did some really good arcs during his run. I like the first third especially (before Onslaught) as it gave us imo very good espionage / polit thriller elements (no more Wolf Cap ...). The second half of the run finds a good middle between the modern take and oldschool superhero elements.
    The run has also some weaker story elements, but is overall very solid and I am also a fan of the art.

For me personally the ultimate and best run was hands down Brubakers Cap (I could go on for pages what I LOVE about Brubaker's work) and it is probably one of the best Marvel runs of all time for some people. BUT the first three Omnis are Oop and super pricey. Nonetheless the 5 Omni set will always be an important part of my collection.

Incredible Member

You can get large collections for the early brubaker stuff (winter solider, death of etc). I went that route and bought the last 2 omnibus. I will upgrade whenever they reprint them! The early cap is good too(depending on how much you like silver age type material) . The silver age stuff surprised me by how much I enjoyed it. I am planning on reading through all the early stuff between the 2 available omnis, 3 mmw's and an epic I have.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Poolovision & RamblingMan, I appreciate the insight. By the looks of things only The Trial of Cap and Winder Soldier are in print. If I picked up those 2 would I be able to enjoy them or would I need the whole run? Is Brubaker's stuff something you see getting a reprint?
    In all honesty I would probably go the route of Rembling Man because I think that you would need the integral of the material auch as Winter Soldier, Death of, Lives! to get what is going on in the fourth Omnibus. Brubaker's storylines are very well played out but it is a long game.
    Maybe even pick the two Omnis up as these are dirt cheap right now (because surprise if the first three books are Oop less people will buy Volumes 4 and 5) and see if there are good news in the next catalogue?
    It goes over my head way we did not see recent reprints with the movies etc. But your guess is as good as ours... Personally I am not optimistic about getting reprints soon but who knows?

Edit: also I have no idea if even the TP versions of some of the material are still readily available...
    Last edited by poolovision; 07-21-2018 at 07:37 AM.