Page 850 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3507508008408468478488498508518528538548609009501350 ... LastLast
Results 12,736 to 12,750 of 20767
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

INFINITY GAUNTLET: DELUXE EDITION OHC Cover by GEORGE PEREZ:

The original Infinity epic is collected alongside a Gauntlet-full collection of behind-the-scenes extras! Collecting INFINITY GAUNTLET (1991) #1-6.

THANOS: THE INFINITY CONFLICT OGN-OHC Cover by ALAN DAVIS:

Can anyone comment on the SHIELD by Hickman & Weaver mini-series? I'm considering whether to pick up the OHC with my next order from IST.

So with recent solicitations it looks like they are not rereleasing Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus anytime soon. First Box set and now Deluxe with only #1-6 of the main story and few extras. If feels kind of disappointing.

Deluxe looks like a good deal to me since I got Thanos Quest from Rebirth of Thanos tpb but I was hoping I can replace it with Omnibus by the time movie arrives. Omnibus also included a chunk f Silver Surfer vol.3 run which wasn't collected in any other form. Not sure if I should preorder Deluxe now. Is there any chance they make omnibus happen at this point?
    Last edited by Antari; 07-26-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Can anyone comment on the SHIELD by Hickman & Weaver mini-series? I'm considering whether to pick up the OHC with my next order from IST.
    I'm not a Hickman hater but . . . man this was boring. I read the original issues when they came out and never finished it. Maybe with time and the complete set it would be better. I don't know. I didn't like it tho.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    On the subject of Hickman. Is his Avengers omnibuses vol. 1 & 2 worth $180? I've never read any Avengers, but vol. 1 sounds like it is going oop for a while.
    I just got my copy of Vol 2. It's worth it. So, so very worth it

Spectacular Member

On the subject of Hickman. Is his Avengers omnibuses vol. 1 & 2 worth $180? I've never read any Avengers, but vol. 1 sounds like it is going oop for a while.
    In some Facebook groups volume 1 is selling for 130 instantly it seems. So 180 for both? Pull the trigger great art and a very well built story.
    Just one thought while rereading: It's a shame that his ideas for the X line never got more attention because of the mediocre to terrible Bendis writing both flagship titles during Now!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm not a Hickman hater but . . . man this was boring. I read the original issues when they came out and never finished it. Maybe with time and the complete set it would be better. I don't know. I didn't like it tho.
    Thanks for the reply. I did some research and realised that this OHC refers to Hickman's & Weaver's second mini-run on SHIELD. I wasn't aware of this as these runs came out a year or so before I got back into comics. As you wrote regarding waiting for a complete set, I think that's what I'll also do. Maybe Marvel will issue a Complete Collection OHC with both volumes as they did with Wolverine Origin & Origin II or a smallish Omnibus.

Anyone picking up the Secret Invasion Omnibus? I'm holding off until it goes into very deep discount. This was one of my extremely most disliked events in any case, I really didn't take to it in any way at all.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Amazing Member

Is there usually any issues with the Avengers vs. X-men Companion? Just found out that this thing is like a 1000+ page omnibus and yet it sells for around 25-40$ brand new on ebay and amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Is there usually any issues with the Avengers vs. X-men Companion? Just found out that this thing is like a 1000+ page omnibus and yet it sells for around 25-40$ brand new on ebay and amazon.
    Yeah there is a duplicated page and as result X-Men Legacy #267 is missing a page (same thing happened with the Wolverine by Jason Aaron complete Collection Vol.3). If you want more details check this link :

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...ge-t23141.html

Spectacular Member

I appreciate the answers. I don't want to exaggerate, but is it fair to treat these are the definitive omni's for the Avengers? If it's the best of the best I can swing it.
    I can get them for $170 with a discount, I guess I'm trying to justify them to my budget.
    I honestly would not call Hickmans run THE AVENGERS book. To me it felt very different to let's say the more classical approaches (Busiek) or even the updated modern run of Bendis and also Waid. To me it felt really different because of the multi layered approach, the super long game and it demanded a lot attention. I had a hard time to read it the first time (in Germany the release schedule is different) but loved it while rereading it after it was completed in its enterity. The reading order in the Omnis do also help I think but others can comment on that point better than me.
    Interesting question nonetheless also it's not easy to answer but maybe that's just me.
    Also if you don't link it just resell the set for a nice cut later?
    Last edited by poolovision; 07-27-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah there is a duplicated page and as result X-Men Legacy #267 is missing a page (same thing happened with the Wolverine by Jason Aaron complete Collection Vol.3). If you want more details check this link :

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...ge-t23141.html
    Thanks! Doesn't seem like it'd be too much of a bother for me so I might as well pick it up for cheap, was planning to get to Avengers Vs. X-men anyway since I've been picking up and reading Bendis New Avengers and Avengers complete collection TPBS