Page 851 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3517518018418478488498508518528538548558619019511351 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 20773

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Can anyone comment on the SHIELD by Hickman & Weaver mini-series? I'm considering whether to pick up the OHC with my next order from IST.
    It's good. More like his Avengers run than his FF. Meaning more epic story rather than character piece. And fun appearance from parents of some famous characters.

Anyone picking up the Secret Invasion Omnibus? I'm holding off until it goes into very deep discount. This was one of my extremely most disliked events in any case, I really didn't take to it in any way at all.
    Going to wait for someone to post on the arrangement of issues in the Omnibus. I have the series and event in OHCs and the story is just ok so no rush to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Thanks! Doesn't seem like it'd be too much of a bother for me so I might as well pick it up for cheap, was planning to get to Avengers Vs. X-men anyway since I've been picking up and reading Bendis New Avengers and Avengers complete collection TPBS
    You're welcome Yeah I don't think it's a big issue if you can get it cheap, it's just a little disappointing.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    It's good. More like his Avengers run than his FF. Meaning more epic story rather than character piece. And fun appearance from parents of some famous characters.
    Thanks for the reply. I aim on having it at some point but will wait for both the 2010 and 2011/2018 volumes to be collected together.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Anyone picking up the Secret Invasion Omnibus? This was one of my extremely most disliked events in any case, I really didn't take to it in any way at all.
    I think you've found your answer lol..

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I think you've found your answer lol..
    HA!

I really wanted those New Avengers issues that follow on from the New Avengers Vol. 1 Omnibus in an oversized format and I wàs up and down trying to justify getting the Secret Invasion Omnibus. I have the SI event OHC, and I think I'll stick with that. It probably ranks near the very bottom of my Event list. I remember reading it and thinking "that was really bad". If the Omnibus had included NA #33-38, I would almost certainly have picked it up.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Actually I'm in the same boat. I remember not being very fond of it, but when it comes to buying omnibus collections I have an itchy trigger finger.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Actually I'm in the same boat. I remember not being very fond of it, but when it comes to buying omnibus collections I have an itchy trigger finger.
    I think a fair few of us on this thread have that itchy trigger finger when it comes to Omnibuses. The thing is that there are so many Omnibuses being issued that it's now more of a pick and choose than get almost everything that comes out. I used to pick up every event in OHC but I stopped at Secret Wars.

I am the opposite
    I will go to IST and start putting things in the cart and than when it is time to pay,
    will empty it and move on to another web site or log off.
    Eventually I will decide I want to order "something" and so will finally decide on how
    much I want to pay and go forward, unless it is a book I really want, in which case,
    I will order more sooner........... Not that it won't be toyed with a few times.

Extraordinary Member

CAPTAIN MARVEL: MS. MARVEL — A HERO IS BORN OMNIBUS Covers by AMANDA CONNER & JOHN ROMITA SR.:

Collecting MS. MARVEL (1977) #1-23, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #61-62 and #76-77, DEFENDERS (1972) #57, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #51, AVENGERS (1963) #200 and ANNUAL #10, and material from AVENGERS (1963) #197-199, MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) #10-11 and MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #24.
    What agreat cover

Spectacular Member

Although I normally would dislike a cover for a collection of older comics that shows a character in a modern outfit, I'm on board with that one for two reasons. I dig the Weiringo inspired art, and the old costume hasn't aged well at all (it always seemed to be a rip-off of the original Captain Marvel outfit but a bit skimpier).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

CAPTAIN MARVEL: MS. MARVEL — A HERO IS BORN OMNIBUS Covers by AMANDA CONNER & JOHN ROMITA SR.:

Collecting MS. MARVEL (1977) #1-23, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #61-62 and #76-77, DEFENDERS (1972) #57, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #51, AVENGERS (1963) #200 and ANNUAL #10, and material from AVENGERS (1963) #197-199, MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) #10-11 and MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #24.
    I'll be getting the classic cover for this Omni. A John Buscema cover over the Amanda Connor one is an easy pic for me, if for no other reason when given the choice I go classic cover. The eyes on Carol look off to me in the Connor cover.

I was first introduced to Carol when she was Binary and despite the Editorial push the last decade have never been a huge fan. I did read 20 some odd issues of her last Ms.Marvel series but the switch to Captain Marvel came with trappings that didn't take for me. So, that said I'm curious to read this early material in one easy contained volume.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

When I first say that 'modern' cover, I thought it was by Howard Chaykin, which to me, is not a good thing.
    But then, comparing almost anybody to big John Buscema is not really a fair competition.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Now Marvel to Publish Dark Horse’s Conan Comics in New Epic Collections

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...s-collections/